The A. I. Kuindzhi Society of Artists
1909 — 1931 St-Петербург — Petrograd — Leningrad
Members-учредители: V. A. Beklemishev, ALB. N. Benoit, R. A. Bergholz, F. G. Burenstam, A. A. Borisov, F. Buchholz, P. N. Wagner, K. K. Wroblewski, A. I. von Gauguin, I. A. Ganeev, V. I. Zarubin, S. M. Zaidenberg, K. Y. Kryzhitsky, V. E. Makovsky, V. P. Lobanov, V. P. Ovsyannikov, . Roerich, A. A. Rylov, . A. Sergeev, E. I. Capital, . P. Himona, A. S. Khrenov, A. V. Shchusev, A. R. Eberling.
Members and exhibitors: M. I. Avilov, L. P. Albrecht, V. A. Apostoli, S. N. Arkhipov, A. F. Afanasiev, R. R. Bach, A. F. White, V. Belasen, M. P. Bobyshov, I. F. Borisov, I. I. Brodsky, L. A. Bruni, . E. Bagels, P. D. Buchkin, A. F. Vasyutyns'ke, A. I. Vakhrameev, I. A. Weltz, K. A. Veselov, E. O. Wiesel, I. A. Vladimirov, S. A. Vlasov, V. V. Volkov, A. F. GAUS, P. I. Geller, K. E. Geftler, R. R. Golik, K. I. Gorbatov, I. M. Grabowski, M. M. Guzhavin, M. M. Malkevich, S. E. Devyatkin, G. V. Derwinski, Drozdov I. G., . N. Dubovskoy, S. M. Dudin, K. V. Dydyshko, A. A. Egorov, A. K. A Toad, . K. Toad, V. A. Zverev, M. F. Ivanov, S. P. Ivanov, S. K. Ukowski, D. A. Kaigorodov, E. A. Kalachev, G. O. Kalmykov, T. I. Katorgin, Yu Yu Clover (son), S. F. Kolesnikov, G. P. Kondratenko, I. E. Krachkovsky, I. V. Krestovsky, P. S. Xydeas, A. I. Kudryavtsev, V. A. Kuznetsov, V. P. Kuznetsov, M. K. Kulesza, I. S. Kulikov, V. N. Kuchumov, A. B. Lachowski, K. M. Lepilov, F. K. Lekht, V. Lishev, I. I. Lysov, M. L. Maimon, A. F. Maksimov, E. M. Maleshevska, E. I. Malyshev, M. A. Marichev, M. J. Miernyk, B. M. Mikeshin, P. N. Mikhailov, F. A. Modorov, , V. I. Fertilizers, Yu. M. Neprintsev, F. P. Nesterov, V. P. Nikitin, A. G. Novikov, M. E. Novikov, A. M. Opekushin, M. N. Panin, I. V. Petrovsky, M. G. Platunov, M. N. Placek, V. A. Plotnikov, Z. G. Podushko, P. D. Pokarzhevskii, A. N. Popov, . A. Protopopov, I. A. Radimov, , A. N. Raschupkin, Y. I. Repin, V. I. Repina, G. K. Savitsky, . S. Samokish, V. S. Svarog, . Sergeev, M. G. Slepyan, E. M. Sotnikov, M. S. Sadkowski, F. V. Sychkov, V. I. Tkachenko, J. A. Troupyansky, A. A. Ulin, V. N. F., . V. Kharitonov, L. A. Knigin, B. I. Tsvetkov, . G. Tsirigoti, A. M. Cherkassky, V. K. Stenberg, V. M. Schulz, S. Eskin, V. N. Yakovlev and others.
Exhibitions: 1-я (1917, Petrograd) — 7-я (1930, Leningrad); 1923 — exhibition of Petrograd artists of all directions (Petrograd); 1927 — jubilee exhibition of fine arts (Leningrad); 1928/1929 — "Modern Leningrad artistic groups" (Leningrad); 1930 — 1-я citywide exhibition of fine arts (Leningrad).
a Society founded on the initiative and the means A. I. Kuindzhi the efforts of his [email protected] semicolon on a plan A. I. Kuindzhi was to become a professional Union of artists of various schools and trends, notdependence on government market and official institutions. On 6 December 1908 at the apartment K. Y. kryzhitskogo the first meeting of the founders on which it was announced that A. I. Kuindzhi will contribute a new society, 150 000 and 225 acres of land in the Crimea. 2 Feb 1909 adopted a draft of the Charter (approved October 1), according to which the aim of the Society was considered "to provide both material and other art support to all art societies, classes and individual artists." 19 February of the same year — on the day of the angel Kuindzhi — in meeting-зале the Imperial Academy of arts held the opening ceremony of the Society, which was attended by the President of the Academy, Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna. Since October, 1909, the Society was under the patronage of Nicholas II. In March, 1910, shortly before his death, A. I. Kuindzhi bequeathed to the Society almost all his capital, amounting to almost one million rubles.
the Highest body of the company was considered a meeting of its members convened annually on February 19. The Executive was a Board of twelve members, elected for a term of three years. The first Chairman of the Board of management was K. Y. Kryzhitsky (1909-1911), then this post was held by N. D. Ermakov (1911-1913), . P. Bogdanov-Бельский (1913-1918), K. K. Wroblewski (1918-1920).
In 1910-е in the community consisted of from 80 to 100 members, many of them were members of other St. Petersburg associations (Association of artists, St-Петербургского society of artists, New society of artists, the Society of Russian watercolorists, etc.).
the First events was the perpetuation of the memory A. I. Kuindzhi. Members of the Society was a monograph on the artist list of paintings prepared by S. M. Dudin (St. Petersburg, 1913), held a memorial exhibition (1913, 1914). In the autumn of 1914 in the funds of the Society in the Smolensk cemetery was erected tombstone A. I. Kuindzhi, executed by A. V. Shchusev. The property of the Society transferred the collection of papers A. I. Kuindzhi, which is expected to completely sell in the Russian Museum, but-за to lack of space it had to be partly distributed according to provincial museums. More than 400 works remained in the premises of the Companies.
the Society was established "for the Second competition. A. I. Kuindzhi" with three awards: a) im. Emperor Nicholas Alexandrovich (3 000 and a gold medal. A. I. Kuindzhi); b) im. Empress Alexandra Feodorovna (2 000);) to them. Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich (1 000). The contest was held annually at the end of the spring exhibition season. The works were selected by a special Commission, which carried them to the court of General meeting Companies. Among the winners of the — I. E. Repin (1-я prize for the painting "Pushkin in the exam in high school", 1912; from premiums declined as a principled opponent of any prizes), A. Arkhipov (3-я prize for the painting "Guests", 1915). For several years the prize was not awarded to anyone.
the Society gave allowances to the needy artists who every year bought the paintings from exhibitions for donation to the provincial museums. The library of the Society numbered more than 1 000 books on art, hundreds of photos of Russian paintings, reproductions, postcards, and newspaper clippings. In 1915-1916 has been the preparation for publication of the journal, which, however, was not carried outfrom-за organizational difficulties.
Every Friday the members of the Society gathered in the apartment on Gogol street, 17. With the beginning of the First world war "Friday" has acquired the character of literary-художественных evenings and was aimed at collecting funds to help the wounded. In the evening he performed with many artists and writers, particularly A. Y. Vaganova, T. P. Karsavina, E. P. Korchagina-Александровская, I. Mozzhukhin, F. I. Chaliapin, A. S., Lurie, N. A. Teffi and others. Conducted art lottery, which the members of the Society provided their work.
In March 1917 on the initiative of Companies was created by the workers Union of plastic arts, which was then part of the Union of artists. Twincity included in various public commissions, and participated in the reorganization of the Academy of arts and the creation of propaganda.
In 1918, by order of the people's Commissariat of the capital of the company was nationalized. Since that time, the budget is formed only from membership fees, and 1920-е began to grow due to the benefits Glavnauka. Contests, purchases of paintings, the results of sums of money to help people in need has been discontinued. However, Society has been saved the building, art collection and library.
In November 1917 and may 1918, the Society held a large exhibition (in the halls of the Society for the encouragement of the arts and Academy of fine arts)@the semicolon in the second part of the exhibition was shown a posthumous exhibition of works by V. A. Plotnikov. The exhibition was accompanied by a catalogue. After they had arranged a number of small exhibitions, which are generally well regarded by art critics. So, E. F. Gollerbach wrote in the journal "Among collectors" (1921, no. 10, p. 59): "the Society of artists to them. A. I. Kuindzhi organized periodic exhibition of the works of their members (the eighth). The exhibition is dominated by the art of landscape, as befits @ldquo;Куинджистам@rdquo;. Portraits and still lifes very little free composition of graphics and prints are absent. The exhibits are chosen within the boundaries of unconditional artistic literacy."
In 1921 the Society has renewed "Friday",-прежнему invited celebrity artists. The performances were paid donated for this purpose by the works of [email protected] semicolon in the year were donated to two hundred works.
For systematic presentations and lectures on art in Society, was created the cultural Department of this headed by J. A. Agrovim; the speakers were artists and art historians, traditionally zaslujivaet reports on the life and work of A. I. Kuindzhi. Arranged joint drawing in the evening.
In 1922 adopted a new Charter, in which the main purpose was proclaimed the promotion of "unity of artists for the development of artistic-культурно-просветительской activities through exhibitions, art workshops, concerts, and thereby contribute to the promotion of art among the broad masses of the people." The Chairman of the Board was elected A. A. Rylov in 1928 it was replaced by A. I. Kudryavtsev.
In 1923 the members of the Society participated in the exhibition of Petrograd artists of all directions. In 1926-1930, the company annually conducted a large exhibition (in the halls of the Society for the encouragement of the arts and Academy of fine arts), which were attended by 70 to 80 artists and staged severalexhibitions in cultural centres and workers ' clubs. The exhibitions were accompanied by catalogues; as part of the exhibition in 1927 was shown a posthumous exhibition A. I. Vakhrameev.
In the late 1920-х twincity was planning to establish a "House of artists", by constructing this three floors in a building on Gogol street, 17. However, these plans were not realized: the company was systematically subjected to sharp criticism, accusations of bourgeois, the antiquated character of art and the compliance with the requirements of the new time.
To strengthen the position of companies Chairman of the Board A. I. Kudryavtsev in the early 1930 lost post I. I. Brodsky, with high political authority. However, the attacks continued and reached its climax in the spring of 1930, in connection with the recent exhibition Society, held at the Academy of fine arts. A group of graduates Vhuteina sent an open letter printed on AHR magazine "Art into the masses" (1930, № 4, p. 32): "Considering that in the period of greatest tension forces of the proletariat in the struggle against private-капиталистическими elements of the cities and villages, when all forces should be thrown on the front of socialist construction, the main tasks from-фронта should be maintenance tasks requests ideological and political tasks of the working class. We, young artists... are protesting against the attacks of the petty-bourgeois, petty-bourgeois ideology, expressed in the person passing in the halls Vhuteina of the exhibition Society. Kuindzhi. All these @ldquo;Опавшие [email protected]; (meant work I. I. Brodsky. — AI.), tales from taunami and mermaids (apparently, M. G. Platunov. — AI.), the gold-domed Church @ldquo;Спаса on the [email protected]; carry the smell of philistinism, pull back the steady progress of Soviet art. We strongly demand the closure of the exhibition Kuindzhi!"
at the same time on the initiative of the Artistic leaders-промышленного College and the Institute of proletarian fine art was prepared the resolution on the closure of Companies. Thanks to the efforts and influence I. I. Brodsky, managed to create a Commission under Glavnauka, which repealed a resolution recognizing the work of the Society of fruitful and valuable. However, the left wing of chingistau together with the Community artists and the Society of artists-индивидуалистов organized a new Association — "Shop artists". Society of artists to them. A. I. Kuindzhi ceased to exist; his property and the library became the property of the Guild, and the meeting — in the Russian Museum.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million