Petrovichev Petr Ivanovich
Pseudonyms,autonyms and aliases: Kuzmichev, Kosmin
PETROVICHEV (Kos’min, Kuz’michev) Piotr Ivanovich
Painter, graphic artist
Petrovichev got his first art education in Rostov Museum of Church Antiquities, where he studied painting, drawing and restoration. In 1892 Petrovichev moved to Moscow, studied at Moscow School of painting, sculpture and architecture (MUZhVZ) under the guidance of A. E. Arkhipov, N. A. Kasatkin, I. I. Levitan, and A. M. Vasnetsov. In 1900 and in 1901 Petrovichev was awarded two small silver medals for drawing and sketches from nature. In 1903 he was awarded big silver medal for the painting March (The spring road) and was conferred the title of class painter.
Petrovichev lived in Moscow. Since 1898 he took part in the exhibitions of Moscow Society of Art Lovers, since 1899 — Moscow Association of Artists, since 1901 — the Society of Travelling Art Exhibitions (TPKhV), since 1906 he was a member of this Society. In 1902–1903 Petrovichev exposed his works at the exhibitions of the group Mir Iskusstva (“World of Art”), in 1904–1913 — at the exhibitions of the Union of Russian Artists (SRKh), in 1906–1907 — at the exhibitions of the Russian art, organized by S. P. Dyagilev in Paris and Berlin.
After the October revolution, Petrovichev worked in the Commission for Protection of works of art and antiquities of Moscow Soviet of People’s Deputies (Mossovet). Since 1917 he was a member of the art association Izograf. In the same year the first personal exhibition of Petrovichev was held in Moscow. In 1924–1925 his works were exposed at the exhibition of Russian art in New York. In 1927 he was one of the founders of the Association of realist painters. In 1930s he made trips through the Soviet Union in order to gather material for creative work. In 1936–1941 Petrovichev taught painting and drawing at Moscow Art College in the Memory of the Year 1905. During the Great Patriotic War, he lived in Vinogradovo village near Moscow.
Petrovichev was buried in the Vagankovo cemetery in Moscow.
The retrospective exhibitions of the works of Petrovichev were held in 1959 in Moscow, Leningrad, Sverdlovsk, Yaroslavl, Kiev (together with L. V. Turzhansky); in 1965, 1978, 1989 in Moscow.
Piotr Petrovichev was one of the most significant painters of Russia in the first half of the 20th century. He continued traditions of the Russian landscape school. During his life Petrovichev was close to the chamber intimate landscape. Special lyricism, depiction of the changeable weather and environment were characteristic for his works. In his painting Petrovichev often used the methods of impressionism style: free manner of painting, big facture strokes, and bright colors. The most favorite motifs in Petrovichev’s painting were sunsets, early spring, interiors of the ancient estates and Old Russian cathedrals.
Works by Piotr Petrovichev are in many museum and private collections, including the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, Kiev Museum of Russian Art and others.
- 14.07.2020 The exhibition "is available for art theft," opened in Japan To steal most of the exhibits, the visitors had less than an hour
- 13.07.2020 The company James Murdoch will become co-owner MCH Group Investment company of the son of media-магната will acquire a 30 % stake in the company MCH Group, which owns Art Basel
- 10.07.2020 Supreme court of Monaco has closed the case against Rybolovlev Bouvier This verdict confirmed the previous decision of the court of the country, to recognize violations and the imbalance of power between the parties during the investigation
- 10.07.2020 The July auctions of contemporary art and design Phillips in Hong Kong have brought $35 million This is the sum total of the evening and day auctions held on 9 July. This is the best result in the history of the auction house Phillips in Hong Kong
- 09.07.2020 This year's first evening auction at Sotheby's in Hong Kong has raised more than $107 million In Hong Kong dollars, the end of the first evening sale of contemporary Asian art looks even more impressive: 826 million HKD
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 10.07.2020 Literature: Jean-Noel Kapferer, Vincent Bastien. The Luxury Strategy The publication, according to the methodology which built their career KAWS and Kanye West
- 08.07.2020 HISCOX Online Report 2020: online-продажи art. Part 1 Specialized report online-рынку art was delayed for several months, but showed unexpected numbers
- 07.07.2020 Simply about the difficult: Art Banking We analyse what is behind the term "art-банкинг" how it arose and what is this business
- 07.07.2020 On the forefront of No. 1, 2, 3 easily The third Russian vanguard — is a chaotic bunch of artists outside the system, not only by circumstances but also by conviction-free in the creative choice of all and United only a wild desire to work (Lisa Plavinskaya)
- 06.07.2020 Artist of the week: Konstantin Christmas History, pricing and marketing metrics of the representative of the Russian avant-garde, a student of Malevich and the masters exhibition design by Konstantin Ivanovich Rozhdestvensky
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
- 24.04.2020 Tretyakov gallery: exhibition of Andy Warhol will take place! A large-scale exhibition", Andy Warhol" was supposed to open today, and promised to become one of the Museum's hits of the year
- 14.04.2020 The Museum has extended the jubilee and went online Large-scale exhibition project, opened in December 2019, will run for 4 months longer — to mid-September 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million