How to find out of work price
ARTinvestment.RU 20 сентября 2016
With the problem of highly inflated estimates of the paintings and drawings in the last two years we are faced more and more often: an increased flow of owners wanting to offer their items to our Auction AI, and most of these people are inexperienced. Therefore, periodically, the first communication email our auction happens like this:
— Hello, I want to put on your auction painting by artist Ivanova-Петрова. Photo attached.
— OK, what reserves are ready to discuss? What price to expect?
— Want 20 000 dollars.
— Wow! Have to disappoint you. The market price level for the work of this class is now about 1 500-2 000 dollars.
— How can this be?! I rely on your prices listed on your website...
Quickly maturing righteous indignation. Further options @two mdas. Either all are forgiven, we either have to clarify with a potential deliverer of the part. For example, where on our site people find such insane prices? Why is he looking in the database with auction statistics, has managed to be wrong 10 times?
But here I am a bit disingenuous. We are only at first puzzled, and now a source of misunderstanding for us is clear. The base here turned out to be innocent, it's all right. Deliverers to her will likely not even there yet. And focused he is on top of sales —, the rating of 12 or less of the highest auction results for a specific artist, open to all users, even those who are not our subscribers. But free in this rating is visible only the title and price. Without the year of sale, no title auction, without parameters works without pictures. All the more significant information is available only by paid subscription, which is from 1000 rubles per day up to 12 000 rubles per year.
If a paid subscription from a person, then it is clear what is happening. The visitor sees free the highest prices for the best works in the most prestigious auctions in the best years of the market situation and fascinated them tries his picture. Or even to figure. These illusions he comes to us or to another auction. And of course, then it will be disappointed.
Why not blindly use the top auction sales? Why to evaluate their own work don't rely on "sotbisovskie and other records? Here are just a few nuances that must be considered in the "sotbisovsky" price, where the product will sell in our country.
1. First we must immediately reject about 30% from those published in the top prices. Auction prices at the top are usually specified together with the Commission of the buyer. That is the "hammer price" was lower by about 15-35 %. But that's not all. "Sotbis-кристисы" charge not only the buyer but also the seller. And not only the Commission but also other fees. The seller will be charged approximately 10% of the hammer price, plus about $200 for insurance and $300 for publication in the directory. In terms of out that if the work on the "Sotheby's" sold for $23 500, then hands the owner will receive approximately $16 500 — $7 000 less than the price at the top. That is 30% less. Reader top, usually forgetting to make on this amendment. It seems that once the picture is in the top sold for $23 500, about the same or slightly less, the owner receives on hands. This is a big misconception.
2. It is necessary to pay attention to in what year was a record. We now specifically began to publish the year of sale, even for those who are not subscribed to the paid access to the database. And the corresponding warning was written. In order to avoid misunderstandings. If the record was set in 2008, this price already hopelessly far from the current market situation. The peak in the market of Russian art has been made in 2007-2008, then there was a sharp decline, then a slight uptick in 2011. Now about those prices in dollar terms it is possible to forget to divide by two, if not more. For example, meter Aivazovsky in $ for an auction is listed today for about 50% cheaper, in dollar terms, than 8 years ago. Now are indicative prices only after 2014, after the Crimea.
3. Our top selling, generally the prices achieved on the first-class foreign auctions. These prices are usually significantly higher than at auctions in Russia. What is the reason? More robust legal regime, privacy, and attractive business-климат, historically developed customer base and the ability to work with wealthy audience doing their job. But if it has to sell in Russia, "sotbisovskim" prices need to take a very significant amendment. If not sharing overseas prices two.
I Hope I convinced the readers not to use the prices from our top auction results for other purposes. The objective of these prices primarily promotional: to show what heights they are capable of or have been able to achieve.
But if we really need to determine the possible price of their work (not amuse vanity, but for real sales in Russia), ARTinvestment.RU recommends the following sequence of actions. An example addressed to the subscribers to our base, but the General approach is the same everywhere, for any bases. Let's say you have a painting (not a drawing and not other appliances) conditional Ivanova-Петрова. Then self-determine the price you have:
1. Enter in the section Artists and prices, to enter into the field name and enter the card of the artist.
2. In the "All works" you need to select the category "Painting". To compare the prices makes sense only works within the same category. Painting should only be compared with the painting, but not with graphics.
3. In the list of lots to better focus on the sale of the last two years. It is desirable to select sales only after 2014. Why — is clear: after the crisis, the dollar prices had fallen.
4. Select the picture of comparable size. You can compare prices of 60 × 70 and 80 × 60, but not 60 × 80 30 × 40.
5. According to the available photos, it is desirable to select works of the same genre and level of painting. At least the price of abstraction is not to be compared with the prices of figurative painting.
6. Well if the photos are able to identify and compare works created in the framework of the same creative period. If this is not possible or creativity from the artist "smooth", it is possible to focus on the year of establishment. The closer, the better.
7. The results of first-class foreign auctions (conditionally "of Sotheby's" and "Kristian") should be treated with high confidence, but to discount their prices taking into account the realities of the Russian market. I would advise you to reduce overseas prices with premiums by 40-50 %. At the same time Russian auctions, in my opinion, give more relevant benchmarks, and the results of the Auction, I'm sure most.
8. If the results are too few, but many of the paintings is marked "Not sold", it is possible for a reference to use the lower estimate, that is, the minimum score assigned to the work by experts of the auction house. Just need to keep in mind that even this minimum estimate was for a specific thing great.
In most cases, the performance of these items will allow you to go at quite adequate price. But do not forget about common sense and instinct. If what-то the result seems suspicious to you (too low or high), it is unlikely that flair brings you. Need to find this figure in the explanation or ignored. And certainly it is not necessary to raise the banner great for you, but highly distracting from the overall series results. The market is not fooled.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 26.01.2021 Выставка искусства вместо пустующих витрин На Лонг-Айленде собственникам зданий, в которых есть закрывшиеся магазины, предложили демонстрировать в витринах работы местных художников. В случае отказа владельцев ждёт штраф
- 26.01.2021 Решается судьба коллекции главы Samsung Работы Ротко, Бэкона и Джакометти из коллекции недавно скончавшегося председателя концерна Samsung Ли Гон Хи, вероятно, будут проданы наследниками для выплаты многомиллиардных налогов на наследство
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 10.08.2020 Artist of the week: Leonid Purygin History, pricing and marketing indicators of the modernist and one of the brightest representatives of Russian art-брют Leonid Purygina
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 06.08.2020 Cross-trades in the summer of 2020. ArtTactic Report Analysis of auction sales of a new format with the participation of the old masters
- 04.08.2020 Opened 27-й auction "twenty-first century. Contemporary Russian art" The catalogue contains artworks of Seeds Agroskin, Alexei Vaulin, Dima Goryachkin, Dasha Delone, Anna Laurel, Denis Mikhailov, Andrei Munz, Arman Sirunian, Kathy-Анны Taguchi and Tatiana Yang
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million