Princeton University posted its rich collection of Soviet children's books 1917-1953 years
ARTinvestment.RU 11 июля 2017
On the website "Digital library of Princeton University" appeared 170 books in the clearance of B. Kustodiev, N. Of kupreyanov, A. Deineka, V. Lebedev, etc.
it would Seem, what does the Soviet children's book to Princeton University? And that's what. Between 1994 and 2006 Princeton University was donated a rich collection of more than 1.5 thousands of Soviet children's books collected by bookseller Lloyd E. Katsinam (Lloyd E. Cotsen) in about 30 years. In subsequent years the collection was replenished with a further 1000 titles of publications. Understanding the value of the collection, Princeton librarians have begun digitizing the collection. Thanks to them we now can look through, for example, a children's book of Mayakovsky with pictures of Kirill Zdanevich ("whatever, — the elephant, the lion", Tiflis, Sucknig, 1928) or the Soviet reading stories about Tom Sawyer poet Nadezhda Pavlovich with drawings by Boris Kustodiev ("Bolshevik" Leningrad, Brockhaus-Эфрон, 1925).
additionally, Princeton University recently launched a separate website "Playing Soviet. The Visual Languages of Early Soviet Children's Books. 1917-1953" devoted exclusively to Soviet children's book. While there are only 56 books, but the creators promise to add every year about a hundred publications. Besides, on this site it is possible to search by authors, illustrations, stories, technology, publishing houses, and so on. A good resource for booksellers, and anyone interested in the Soviet children's book — is a unique phenomenon and still insufficiently studied.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 20.09.2017 Dedicated to Banksy new graffiti Jean-Мишелю Basquiat Two new works by the mysterious street artist appeared in London near the Barbican Centre, where on Thursday opened the exhibition Basquiat
- 19.09.2017 BRAFA 2018 unveils the list of exhibitors The first international art fair of the year, the next edition of BRAFA will take place between 27 January and 4 February 2018 at Tour & Taxis (Brussels), and will bring together 132 galleries and art dealers from some 15 countries
- 18.09.2017 Mark Grotjan did not recognize his picture from the auction Phillips Auction house Phillips withdrew the forthcoming auction of contemporary art the picture seems to be grotyana after himself mark Grotjahn in your Instagram refused to recognize her as his
- 14.09.2017 Swiss photographer gave the photo contest other people's images for their The issue of plagiarism and appropriational art. Knowing that the work was borrowed from the Thai photographer and minimally modified jury immediately stripped of the Swiss award
- 12.09.2017 Video "C. P. H." could be quite different. But the Cord did not wait for Khvostov New video of the group "Leningrad", which attracted more than 11 million views on YouTube, was originally conceived as "hallucinogenia" animation. Gouache for the animators drew the artist Tails. The work lasted for six months, when the Cords abruptly changed plans
- 22.09.2017 20,000 postcards from a private collection and the most vital of the fine arts in the "Empire" September 27 will be an auction of "Postcards, photographs and books from a private collection", and on September 30 will be "an Auction of printed graphics of the XVIII–XX centuries."
- 21.09.2017 100-й auction "House of antique books in Nikitsky": rare editions and unusual format 28 September 2017 house "In Nikitsky" will hold a jubilee auction. The auction will be exhibited rare books, autographs and photographs
- 20.09.2017 16-й auction "Antiquarian book club" Auction catalog September 29, has made drawings, paintings, posters, rare books, autographs, photographs
- 19.09.2017 Monthly auction of Russian and Western European art in the house "Russian enamel" on September 23 In the directory — of paintings and drawings, antique silver, ceramics, jewelry, art glass, icons, furniture, photographs and other collectibles
- 18.09.2017 Open 196-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eight paintings, six original leaves and four — graphics and two works made in mixed media
- 22.09.2017 St. Petersburg collection "literary Fund". Auction September 14 Twice for 54 % — that money on lots. Traded mainly through the Internet — surely, the Petrograd?
- 01.09.2017 The August auctions "Cabinet". A brief summary Auction 17 August resulted in almost 1.5 million rubles (46 % of the mean estimate) and revenue rare book auction on August 24 reached 7.5 mln (59 % of the average aggregate scores of all lots)
- 17.08.2017 How to start a new collector? Idea first — sixties Buying art in a crisis is beneficial. Such an affordable price was not, perhaps, Oh, 15 years. Many people ask: how to approach the topic? Which artists should more pay attention to the auctions? What to buy to not be disappointed? Below — one of the opinions
- 14.08.2017 Artist of the week. Boris Gurvich from enterprises Filonov For the first time in the Auction AI Boris Isaakovich Gurvich. The artist was part of the first group of "Masters of analytical art" Pavel Filonov, which existed until the split of the Association in 1930. The work of Gurvich has never been offered at auction in our country
- 10.08.2017 Auction "Russian enamel" on August 3. A brief summary Catalogue of paintings, drawings and objects of decorative-прикладного art sold out to third. Total revenue amounted to almost 4 million rubles
- 14.09.2017 Icons of the Silver age will show at the Antique Salon in CHA The curator of the special exhibition "Russian icon of the silver age" at the upcoming 43-м the Cabin was Natalia Komashko, the author of the catalogue of icons of the exhibition "Art treasures of Russia", scientific Secretary of the Museum of ancient Russian culture and art named after Andrei Rublev
- 13.09.2017 The revolutionary poster exhibition opens in the Russian Museum The exhibition "Poster of the era of the revolution", dedicated to 100-летию the October revolution, represents about 100 posters by artists such as Vladimir Lebedev, D. Moore, V. Mayakovsky, V. Denis, and others.
- 08.09.2017 "Moscow through the ages" in the Tretyakov gallery To the city Day, the Tretyakov gallery prepared the exhibition of works of Moscow – from icon painting of the XVII century to the paintings of the XIX – XXI centuries About 100 exhibits from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery and private collections
- 06.09.2017 Georgy Nissky and Ilya Katz from the collection of Lubov Agafonova in RAK Russian Academy of arts the gallery "vellum" opens the exhibition "Two captains" @80 - the paintings and graphic works of two authors from the collection "Vellum" and the personal collection of Creator gallery Lubov Agafonova
- 05.09.2017 Space in the works of contemporary artists will be shown in Murmansk region The time selected for the exhibition is symbolic. 17 September 2017 marks the 160th anniversary of the birth of Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. October 4, 1957 launch date of Sputnik. Plus, in these days host the exhibition of the city of Monchegorsk is 80
Login for subscribers
- 1. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 2. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 3. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 4. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 5. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 6. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 7. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 8. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 9. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 10. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 11. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 12. Claude Monet$81,45 million
- 13. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 14. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 15. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 16. Willem de Kooning$66,3 million
- 17. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million