Внимание! ARTInvestment.ru ищет картины этого художника для продажи. Vereschagin Vasily Petrovich
Pseudonyms,autonyms and aliases: Vereshchagin
VERESHCHAGIN Vasily Petrovich
Painter, graphic artist
Royal Elephant, from the Indian Series 817 380 USD
Продано в 2009 году
Prison visit 299 499 USD
Продано в 2008 году
Last supper 182 380 USD
Продано в 2008 году
The tsarina Sophia Litovskaya and the Boyarina Shemiakin 107 507 USD
Продано в 1999 году
Bhutanese of Sikkhim in the Himalayas 89 116 USD
Продано в 2010 году
Russian Church, 54 484 USD
Продано в 2010 году
Верещагин, Василий Петрович
VERESHCHAGIN Vasily Petrovich
Painter, graphic artist
Vasily Vereshchagin was born to a family of the painter P. P. Vereshchagin, and was a brother of the painters P. P. and M. P. Vereshchagins. Firstly he studied drawing and painting under the guidance of his father and grandfather — icon painter I. V. Babin. At the same time he studied under A. U. Orlov; they painted the Transfiguration of Our Saviour Cathedral in Perm.
In 1856 Vereshchagin moved to St. Petersburg and entered the Imperial Academy of Arts (IAKh). He attended the class of historical painting of A. T. Markov. In 1860 the artist was awarded small gold medal for the painting Scenes of Olympic games. Wrestling. In 1861 Vereshchagin was awarded big gold medal, and was conferred the title of class artist and pensioner’s trip abroad for his painting Grand Duchess Sophia of Lithuania snatching the belt from hands of Grand Prince of Moscow Vasily Kosoy at the wedding of Vasily II Tyomny (Blind). From 1860 till 1903 the artist often took part in the exhibitions of the Academy.
In 1862 the artist with his brother M. P. Vereshchagin and K. F. Gun worked together on wall painting of the Pokrovsky Cathedral in Elabuga. In the same year the artist joined Moscow Society of Art Lovers. In 1863 Vereshchagin travelled to Europe as a pensioner of the IAKh. He visited Berlin, Dresden, Vienna, Munich, and settled in Paris. In 1864 he moved to Rome.
After returning to St. Petersburg, Vereshchagin was granted pensioner’s scholarship of the Imperial Academy of Arts for five years. In 1868 the artist was awarded the prize of Rome Society of Art Lovers for his painting Prisoner meeting his family. A year later Vereshchagin was appointed to the rank of professor for the paintings Saint Grigory damning a died monk for breaking the vow of poverty and Night at Golgotha. In the meantime the artist was appointed the staff professor of the 2nd degree, in 1883 — staff professor of the 1st degree. Till 1894 he taught in the Imperial Academy of Arts.
In 1870 Vereshchagin made a trip to Rome.
In 1873 works by the painter were shown at the Russian department of the World exhibition in Vienna, he also took part in the World exhibitions in Paris (1878) and in Antwerp (1885). In early 1870s Vereshchagin was engaged in design of the palace of Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich of Russia in St. Petersburg, in particular he executed a series of paintings depicting Russian bylinas (heroic epic) and history.
In 1879 the artist painted a series of biblical compositions for the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow.
Vereshchagin worked a lot in watercolor; since 1882 he always participated in the exhibitions of the Society of Russian Watercolorists (ORA). He was also engaged in lithography.
Memorial exhibitions of the artist were held in 1910 in the halls of the Imperial Academy of Arts in St. Petersburg and in 1912 in the gallery Lemercier in Moscow. Retrospective exhibition of works by Vereshchagin was organized in 1935 in Perm State Art Gallery. In 1984 the joint exhibition of painting and drawing by V. P. and P. P. Vereshchagin was held in the same Gallery in Perm.
Vasily Vereshchagin is one of the leading masters of academic art of the second half of the 19th century. His works are characterized by graceful composition based on detailed drawing. The time when the artist’s career reached its peak was in 1860s, when he performed all his famous paintings. Vereshchagin continued pictorial traditions of K. P. Bryullov, F. A. Bruni and his teacher A. T. Markov. The artist wasn’t close to modern art trends of that time; the Itinerants had practically no influence on his manner of painting.
Works by Vasily Vereshchagin are in many museum and private collections, including the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Kiev Museum of Russian Art, and Perm State Art Gallery.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million