As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018
ARTinvestment.RU 06 декабря 2018
Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
Okay, so there's no hurry. Although it was annoying to sleep through such a drastic and unexpected change for the better.
the Main hits and information about for news about the last auction were two pictures. First — "Georgian, wearing lechki" Niko Pirosmani sold three times higher than the estimate for $2 854 000. Second — "Game of hide and seek" by Konstantin Makovsky, purchased one and a half times more expensive than the estimate, for $5 470 000. Both — on "Sotbis". The result Makovsky is so strong that the caused motion in the ranking of Russian artists. And Pirosmani also was almost broke your own record. Such results were impossible to predict (I guessed wrong), as it is impossible to read the thoughts of those who are eager to outbid at any cost. Both works good. Best of all, it was at auction. To pay for them is not so scary. New owners — sincere congratulations.
In the auction was seen, and other interesting breakouts. For example, a well ottorgovalis agitation porcelain (sometimes with multiple excess of estimate). A number of works of the sixties with the story left much more expensive to preliminary expert estimates. Well sold antique books — the first lifetime editions of Russian classics and books of Russian avant-garde. The most expensive book this time was the "Evenings on a farm near Dikanka" by Nikolai Gogol: $224 000. So you don't think that we have these good news do not notice and are not happy.
Alas, despite some success, still premature to conclude that the Russian art market is quickly gaining momentum. Because spectacular in addition to these records there are other conspicuous circumstances:
1. "Christie" last November, sold on the Russian bid approximately 74 % Thong painting and drawing, and this year — approximately 50 %. At Sotheby's better, but still falling in the past year he has sold approximately 78 % catalog fine art, and this year — about 65 %. For any Moscow auction it would be a good result, but London has long accustomed us to expect more.
2. At this time, many liquid things sturdy quality (not rare, but it is often sold) has been proposed auction in London at a lower, almost Moscow prices. And about Moscow the same prices, and left. Maybe sometimes 15-20% more expensive, which is quite a reasonable margin for "sotbisovsky" provenance
what it may mean? Every year the Russian art market is becoming more and more pragmatic and Mature. Accidental rich people, unknowingly throw money on it getting smaller. It is rather for the better. Too bad that offer is narrowed, and the class of lots is reduced. But even now the situation is quite working, activity to the critical level does not fall. It's too bad. Of course, no General surge of optimism I do not see numbers. And why would you?
Here are some of-за such "gloomy" estimates my colleagues and I periodically hear reproach from antique dealers, dealers and other knowledgeable people. Their-то certainly not be accused of fascination with the pink glasses. But stillask a trick question: "Why do you write critically? Anyone who cares and understands the situation. Do I need to weary the statistics? Isn't it better to write to you with optimism about the records about the growth, the excess of the estimate, about the good things. This mood will RUB off on others and provide much needed support for the Russian market." Well, this view also has a right to exist. But only then really decide: we or "good" or need to "support"? If anyone-то help mystical spell of universal progress, then why are we with you in every room of not hanging the TV? Here's how you say "halva" in the mouth will not become sweeter. And miracles out of nowhere, combat shamans to protect the Russian art market no one will send.
and not the fact that I can handle. In our forest bred "fantastic beasts" that no shamans never dreamed of. Resourceful, crafty, knows how to cook the right potion, ready to kill anything nor touch. And there is no similarity in London, with business transparency and the free export of culture are not necessary. Can pretend to say nice words about civilized rules and the importance of improving the business climate. But still will not allow Moscow to raise its head in the trade of Russian art (where the idea has a natural competitive advantage). To believe in their fairy tales do not need: I will say one thing and then create such conditions that to buy and sell in the country lost all desire. Here's what I think about all of this "optimistic." Sorry if I did something wrong.
So, now we move on to the final figures. Below, in the caption, the comparison of the results of and our predictions. And at the end added some results of book auctions on lots which we have in my review before that said the antiquary Anatoly Borovkov.
What else to read on the topic on AI:
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2019 In shorts at the Tretyakov gallery Never been — and here again. Until all forces were thrown on the protection of Repin, the attackers found a breach in the security of another building — in Lavrushinsky lane. In the morning the Moscow radio station excitedly discussing a new "performance" in TG. This time naked
- 19.03.2019 Italdesign unveiled a concept car "Da Vinci" Concept electric car, inspired by the designs of the great compatriot, by the Italians introduced in the year 500-летия since the death of Leonardo
- 19.03.2019 Security for Repin: from inspection at the exit refused After damage Repin "Ivan the terrible" and the brazen theft of the work of Kuindzhi, it is feared that visitors of the blockbuster "Ilya Repin" will face a crackdown
- 19.03.2019 Omega has released a watch with the design of the Russian artist Dial and slim ceramic case of the new Rado True Thinline My Bird decorated with a feather and a picture of the mythical bird Stratim created by the artist Elena Miro
- 15.03.2019 Robbery-итальянски: instead of the original Bruegel thieves stole a copy of it Shortly before the robbery, the police switched the paintings "the Crucifixion" by Pieter Brueghel the Younger, and in the end ignorant of the robbers brought the Italian Church copy, but still caught on hidden camera
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.03.2019 Experts: the culture industry brings the US economy is 4 times more than agricultural production This conclusion is contained in a study published in March 2019, Bureau of economic analysis, U.S. (BEA) and National endowment for the arts (NEA)
- 11.12.2018 Why deduction of 5 % — is bad for artists Three months ago came into force the government decision No. 285: sellers of paintings commanded to donate 5 % of resale to an accredited organization UPRAVI in favor of the artists and heirs to copyright. Explain what's wrong with that
- 06.12.2018 As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018 Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 06.03.2019 "The year of theatre in the village of Peremilovo" In Theatrical gallery on Malaya Ordynka opened a personal exhibition of Vladimir Lyubarova
- 06.03.2019 Paintings and drawings by Anatoly Zverev gallery "vellum" On 24 February at the New Museum Aslan chehova (SPb) ended the great exhibition "Anatoly Zverev. Painting. Graphics". Most of the exposure can now be seen in Moscow
- 05.03.2019 Vladimir Kalinin in the Antique centre on the Garden For the first time in the exhibition space managed to collect more than 50 works 1960-80-х years from a private collection
- 28.02.2019 Images of women & women-художницы at exhibitions of the Russian Museum in Malaga Branch timing in the Spanish city of Malaga has opened three exhibitions: "Saints, Queens, and workers. The image of women in Russian art", "Russian artist. At the intersection of tradition and avant-garde" and "Graphics Russian artists from the collection of Christine Gmurzynska"
- 28.02.2019 "The aristocratic portrait in Russia of the XVIII — beginning of the XX century" Exhibition in the State Historical Museum presents the 120 scenic portraits painted by Rokotov, Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Tropinin, Serov and other
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 7. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 8. Nicolas de Staël$12,12 million
- 9. Nicholas Roerich$12,09 million
- 10. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 11. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 12. Tamara de Lempicka$9,09 million
- 13. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 14. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 15. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 16. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 17. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 18. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 19. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 20. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 21. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 22. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 23. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 24. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 25. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 26. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 27. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 28. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 29. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 30. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 31. Paul Kuznecov$3,97 million
- 32. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million