The most liquid artists at the Russian auctions. The first half of 2016. Painting
ARTinvestment.RU 25 августа 2016
The works of artists which often find their buyers in the domestic auction market? Whose paintings can be sold quickly at the market price? This is our best selling artists. While only painting. The graphics will be next time
As we thought? Took the statistics of auction sales in Russia in January — July 2016: only painting, without graphics. Then from the list to weed out those who for six months had less than 5 sales. This is to ensure that the selection includes only on-настоящему market artists who in a year have about ten or more sales. Otherwise, once exhibited and sold during the year, the picture would give us sales statistics 100 %. Finally, we excluded those artists in whom the average price of sold paintings did not exceed $500, or about 32 000 rubles. This is done in order to paintings price of $200-500 compete on the ease of sale of paintings for $2 000-10 000. Otherwise the painting superekonom-сегмента sales statistics will be on the head to surpass the rest. We are in the last year caught this "effect Konyshev" (which sales around 90 %) when preparing the first rating of the liquidity (see "the Most marketable artists in the auction market of Russia"). Taking into account the identified effect this time we brought beyond current rating Natta Konysheva, of Nicholas ball, Vasily Sokolov, Rostislav Barto, Vladimir Maslov, Catherine Zernova and Vera Elnitskaya. It should be noted that all of these artists have shown very good sales statistics and don't be a "price limit" went to the top-10 liquidity. The remaining artists, we were ranked in descending order of the percentage of sales at auction in pieces — on the ratio of the number of lots sold to those exposed.
every nominee of the rating then you can be dealt with separately. You should pay attention not only to the formal percentage of care, but also on the number of exposed lots. The more you have, the more stable the position of the artist in the market. It's one thing if exposed 5 paintings, 4 of them buy (like Voroshilov), but quite another if you put 15, and buy 12 (case Kazarina). And the percentage they have one and the same. In addition, you should pay attention to the average price of sold works. To $1000 dollars — is still economy-сегмент. In this range the names fly like hotcakes. But at an average price of $5 500 (like Zverev) the number of customers considerably narrowed. This success has been difficult and should be valued higher.
overall rating in line with our expectations. Work at least 6 out of 10 artists are long-time hits of our own AI Auction. That picture slepysheva, Zvereva, Kazarina, Voroshilov and Batynkov in high demand from buyers, we knew, without any additional calculations. And mathematics has only confirmed that feeling.
as a result ARTinvestment.RU obtained the following ranking of liquidity for the works of Russian artists at auction market in the first half of 2016.
the Proportion of lots sold, %
Sold / exhibited.
Average price of sold works, $
In General, who will buy Bukha in the morning, he is wise.
to Treat the liquidity with increased attention, shoppers began about two years ago, with the beginning of the crisis. About the same time on the fore not ideas to make money on the resale of art, and the pragmatic question: "if I am Able to sell quickly, if that-нибудь will happen?". And let the liquidity rating does not exhaustively answer this question, but the direction sets generally true. We will do the same for graphics — wait.
What else to read on the topic on AI:
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 13.07.2020 The company James Murdoch will become co-owner MCH Group Investment company of the son of media-магната will acquire a 30 % stake in the company MCH Group, which owns Art Basel
- 10.07.2020 Supreme court of Monaco has closed the case against Rybolovlev Bouvier This verdict confirmed the previous decision of the court of the country, to recognize violations and the imbalance of power between the parties during the investigation
- 10.07.2020 The July auctions of contemporary art and design Phillips in Hong Kong have brought $35 million This is the sum total of the evening and day auctions held on 9 July. This is the best result in the history of the auction house Phillips in Hong Kong
- 09.07.2020 This year's first evening auction at Sotheby's in Hong Kong has raised more than $107 million In Hong Kong dollars, the end of the first evening sale of contemporary Asian art looks even more impressive: 826 million HKD
- 09.07.2020 Jeff Koons, Gagosian Gallery and art-институции the United States received millions of dollars from the state Assistance was obtained in the framework of PPP (Paycheck Protection Program), designed to ensure that the organization was able to maintain its staff
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 10.07.2020 Literature: Jean-Noel Kapferer, Vincent Bastien. The Luxury Strategy The publication, according to the methodology which built their career KAWS and Kanye West
- 06.07.2020 Artist of the week: Konstantin Christmas History, pricing and marketing metrics of the representative of the Russian avant-garde, a student of Malevich and the masters exhibition design by Konstantin Ivanovich Rozhdestvensky
- 03.07.2020 Literature: Gigi Rosenberg. The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing Book for artists, the most often disappearing from the shelf chef-редактора ARTinvestment.RU
- 02.07.2020 Movies: "Exit through the gift shop" The pseudo-documentary film that made street-арт of marginal flow part of the global contemporary art market
- 01.07.2020 The person of the week: Dasha Delone Delaunay to a greater extent than anyone-либо from contemporary artists, can be described as expressive personality. Her work, her life — is the obvious ability to Express themselves clearly
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
- 24.04.2020 Tretyakov gallery: exhibition of Andy Warhol will take place! A large-scale exhibition", Andy Warhol" was supposed to open today, and promised to become one of the Museum's hits of the year
- 14.04.2020 The Museum has extended the jubilee and went online Large-scale exhibition project, opened in December 2019, will run for 4 months longer — to mid-September 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million