The heirs will sue the Thyssen-Борнемисы from-за Pissarro
ARTinvestment.RU 11 июля 2017
After another appeal, the ball again on the side of the relatives of Lilly Cassirer, and it seems that this restorative, the game will be endless
as long as the rod Cassirer, and Pissarro painting continues to rise in price, Madrid Museum Thyssen-Борнемисы unlikely to be left alone. Every court decision in favor of the Museum will follow the regular appeal from the heirs, and then a new trial. And so on to infinity.
Painting by Camille Pissarro "Rue Saint-Оноре. Noon. Rain" of 1897, which originally belonged to the Berlin Jewish Lilly Cassirer, but in 1939 she was forced to sell the work for $ 360 to obtain an exit visa from Germany. For several decades, the picture passed from hand to hand and in 1976 was bought by Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Борнемисой (Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza). In 1993, the Pissarro painting, along with other works from the collection of Baron was purchased by the Spanish government and became part of the famous Madrid Museum Thyssen-Борнемисы.
that the Pissarro painting is kept in the national Spanish Museum, the grandson of Lilly Cassirer, Claude Cassirer found out only in 2000. He was already under 80, but he didn't regret the last 12 years of his life to restorative justice litigation with Madrid. Claude Cassirer died in 2012-м, and since then, for Pissarro fighting his children — David and Ava Cassirer, and the Jewish community district San-Диего.
the case of the restitution of the painting "Rue Saint-Оноре. Noon. Rain" migrates between conventional and American courts of appeal since 2005, but after two times — in 2012-м and 2015-м — American court has ruled in favor of Thyssen-Борнемисы. The decision of the court of appeal adopted this Monday, once again gave the heirs a right to sue the Museum that they will make in the near future.
the Main argument of Cassirer is that Baron Thyssen-Борнемиса allegedly knew that buying a work of questionable provenance. The Museum says the opposite: the Baron about it had no idea. The main argument against restitution is that the German government in 1958 he paid to Claude Cassirer compensation for the picture of the grandmother, and that, according to the signed agreement then all the controversy around the picture was still allowed. But 120 thousand German marks paid, then the compensation — is, of course, not 20-40 million dollars, for which it would be possible to sell the Pissarro painting today. But because this restorative party will be endless — is still alive kind of Cassirer.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 23.11.2017 What kind of pictures gives Putin Paintings — is one of the most frequent gifts that the President gives for the camera. In the week he congratulated the Patriarch on his birthday, again giving a picture — with the decoration of the assumption Cathedral of the Kremlin. Remember that even Putin gave famous people
- 23.11.2017 Estonian post released a stamp with a painting of the sixties Hulot Sooster The stamp on the envelope Estonian designer has placed a reproduction of the painting "Fairy tale forest" in 1962 the brush of the legendary sixties from Sretenskaya group
- 22.11.2017 Of the French Museum stole the painting Giorgio de Chirico "Composition with self-portrait" was stolen from the Museum of Fabrega in Beziers in the South of France
- 15.11.2017 Russia's only canvas by Caravaggio cleared from bad edits The Hermitage painting "Young man with a lute (the lute player") returned to the St. Petersburg Museum after two years of restoration and cleaning
- 07.11.2017 The Tretyakov gallery has presented work Helium Korzheva A meeting of 33 picturesque and graphic works 2 Helium Korzheva was donated to the Museum by the collector Vladimir Nekrasov
- 24.11.2017 Contemporary art at auction "Russian enamel" November 29 In the catalogue of 114 lots (paintings, drawings, photography, objects, sculpture), totaling more than 11 million rubles. Price range of works — from 700 to 7 700 000 rubles
- 21.11.2017 Auction # 20 in the "Antique book club" At the first session of play graphics, painting, posters and postcards, the second — book rarity. Pre-show open
- 21.11.2017 Opened 205-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eleven paintings, four sheets of original graphics and five works executed in mixed media
- 17.11.2017 In the footsteps of great expeditions and discoveries... November 23 auction house "Russian enamel" will hold with "Expedition" a joint auction. The event will be held in the restaurant of the Russian North "Expedition" Singing in the alley
- 17.11.2017 Rare books, manuscripts, autographs and photographs at auction "In the Nikita" In the directory — 489 lots. The auction will be held on November 23. Auction start at 19:00
- 24.11.2017 7.5 times higher than the start of a rare icon in the art Nouveau style at the auction "Russian enamel" The hammer price of the icon "St. George the victorious" has reached 450 thousand. from the start of 60 thousand. These and other results of the auction of Russian and Western European art of the 18th Nov in our review
- 21.11.2017 Soviet unofficial art in "Auction No. 1" on November 18. A brief summary The auction catalog of 142-х lots were sold almost 40% and brought a total of slightly more than 4 million rubles
- 21.11.2017 Picture of David Shterenberg in 12 times exceeded the estimate at the auction "Russian enamel" 3.2 million rubles were paid for the "portrait" painted by David Shterenberg (1881-1948) at the start from 250 thousand. A total auction of paintings, graphics and decorative-прикладного art in "Russian enamel" November 16, brought more than 8 million rubles
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive artists in the world. Top auction results The rating of the most expensive artists in the world headed by Leonardo Da Vinci, and ends with Paul Cezanne. The difference in price between the first and last positions of the ranking of the top-19 — 389,8 million dollars
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive sculptures in the world. Rating Argued that the sculpture is always cheaper than the picture... It is not. Three-dimensional works are also able to bring are just mind-blowing amount!
- 23.11.2017 Vechtomov, Plavinsky, Grositsky and other... From 29 November to 29 December, the gallery "Dolgorukovskaya, 29" and Alexander Mironov represent art-проект "Us(R)taught to life"
- 16.11.2017 In the Tretyakov gallery opens exhibition of Saryan A large exhibition in Lavrushinsky lane will present 29 beautiful works of Martiros Sergeyevich Saryan (1880-1972) from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery, the National gallery of Armenia and at Home-музея of Martiros Saryan in Yerevan
- 14.11.2017 "Quitprogram" gallery "vellum" In the framework of the "Quitprogram" will be held an exhibition "Symbolism and non-conformism", a concert of Alexei Paperny, the lecture of Valery Dudakov
- 14.11.2017 The exhibition El Lissitzky opens in two museums Today, 14 November the opening of the exhibitions of El Lissitzky in the State Tretyakov gallery on the Crimean Shaft and in the Jewish Museum and tolerance center
- 09.11.2017 Sean Scully in the Multimedia Art Museum In Moscow, the Museum of the artist, is a retrospective of the international stars of contemporary art Sean Scully. The exhibition show of abstraction, created in 1960-х years
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 5. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 6. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 7. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 8. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 9. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 10. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 11. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 12. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 13. Claude Monet$81,45 million
- 14. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 15. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 16. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 17. Willem de Kooning$66,3 million
- 18. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million