The heirs will sue the Thyssen-Борнемисы from-за Pissarro
ARTinvestment.RU 11 июля 2017
After another appeal, the ball again on the side of the relatives of Lilly Cassirer, and it seems that this restorative, the game will be endless
as long as the rod Cassirer, and Pissarro painting continues to rise in price, Madrid Museum Thyssen-Борнемисы unlikely to be left alone. Every court decision in favor of the Museum will follow the regular appeal from the heirs, and then a new trial. And so on to infinity.
Painting by Camille Pissarro "Rue Saint-Оноре. Noon. Rain" of 1897, which originally belonged to the Berlin Jewish Lilly Cassirer, but in 1939 she was forced to sell the work for $ 360 to obtain an exit visa from Germany. For several decades, the picture passed from hand to hand and in 1976 was bought by Baron Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Борнемисой (Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza). In 1993, the Pissarro painting, along with other works from the collection of Baron was purchased by the Spanish government and became part of the famous Madrid Museum Thyssen-Борнемисы.
that the Pissarro painting is kept in the national Spanish Museum, the grandson of Lilly Cassirer, Claude Cassirer found out only in 2000. He was already under 80, but he didn't regret the last 12 years of his life to restorative justice litigation with Madrid. Claude Cassirer died in 2012-м, and since then, for Pissarro fighting his children — David and Ava Cassirer, and the Jewish community district San-Диего.
the case of the restitution of the painting "Rue Saint-Оноре. Noon. Rain" migrates between conventional and American courts of appeal since 2005, but after two times — in 2012-м and 2015-м — American court has ruled in favor of Thyssen-Борнемисы. The decision of the court of appeal adopted this Monday, once again gave the heirs a right to sue the Museum that they will make in the near future.
the Main argument of Cassirer is that Baron Thyssen-Борнемиса allegedly knew that buying a work of questionable provenance. The Museum says the opposite: the Baron about it had no idea. The main argument against restitution is that the German government in 1958 he paid to Claude Cassirer compensation for the picture of the grandmother, and that, according to the signed agreement then all the controversy around the picture was still allowed. But 120 thousand German marks paid, then the compensation — is, of course, not 20-40 million dollars, for which it would be possible to sell the Pissarro painting today. But because this restorative party will be endless — is still alive kind of Cassirer.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 20.09.2017 Dedicated to Banksy new graffiti Jean-Мишелю Basquiat Two new works by the mysterious street artist appeared in London near the Barbican Centre, where on Thursday opened the exhibition Basquiat
- 19.09.2017 BRAFA 2018 unveils the list of exhibitors The first international art fair of the year, the next edition of BRAFA will take place between 27 January and 4 February 2018 at Tour & Taxis (Brussels), and will bring together 132 galleries and art dealers from some 15 countries
- 18.09.2017 Mark Grotjan did not recognize his picture from the auction Phillips Auction house Phillips withdrew the forthcoming auction of contemporary art the picture seems to be grotyana after himself mark Grotjahn in your Instagram refused to recognize her as his
- 14.09.2017 Swiss photographer gave the photo contest other people's images for their The issue of plagiarism and appropriational art. Knowing that the work was borrowed from the Thai photographer and minimally modified jury immediately stripped of the Swiss award
- 12.09.2017 Video "C. P. H." could be quite different. But the Cord did not wait for Khvostov New video of the group "Leningrad", which attracted more than 11 million views on YouTube, was originally conceived as "hallucinogenia" animation. Gouache for the animators drew the artist Tails. The work lasted for six months, when the Cords abruptly changed plans
- 22.09.2017 20,000 postcards from a private collection and the most vital of the fine arts in the "Empire" September 27 will be an auction of "Postcards, photographs and books from a private collection", and on September 30 will be "an Auction of printed graphics of the XVIII–XX centuries."
- 21.09.2017 100-й auction "House of antique books in Nikitsky": rare editions and unusual format 28 September 2017 house "In Nikitsky" will hold a jubilee auction. The auction will be exhibited rare books, autographs and photographs
- 20.09.2017 16-й auction "Antiquarian book club" Auction catalog September 29, has made drawings, paintings, posters, rare books, autographs, photographs
- 19.09.2017 Monthly auction of Russian and Western European art in the house "Russian enamel" on September 23 In the directory — of paintings and drawings, antique silver, ceramics, jewelry, art glass, icons, furniture, photographs and other collectibles
- 18.09.2017 Open 196-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eight paintings, six original leaves and four — graphics and two works made in mixed media
- 22.09.2017 St. Petersburg collection "literary Fund". Auction September 14 Twice for 54 % — that money on lots. Traded mainly through the Internet — surely, the Petrograd?
- 01.09.2017 The August auctions "Cabinet". A brief summary Auction 17 August resulted in almost 1.5 million rubles (46 % of the mean estimate) and revenue rare book auction on August 24 reached 7.5 mln (59 % of the average aggregate scores of all lots)
- 17.08.2017 How to start a new collector? Idea first — sixties Buying art in a crisis is beneficial. Such an affordable price was not, perhaps, Oh, 15 years. Many people ask: how to approach the topic? Which artists should more pay attention to the auctions? What to buy to not be disappointed? Below — one of the opinions
- 14.08.2017 Artist of the week. Boris Gurvich from enterprises Filonov For the first time in the Auction AI Boris Isaakovich Gurvich. The artist was part of the first group of "Masters of analytical art" Pavel Filonov, which existed until the split of the Association in 1930. The work of Gurvich has never been offered at auction in our country
- 10.08.2017 Auction "Russian enamel" on August 3. A brief summary Catalogue of paintings, drawings and objects of decorative-прикладного art sold out to third. Total revenue amounted to almost 4 million rubles
- 14.09.2017 Icons of the Silver age will show at the Antique Salon in CHA The curator of the special exhibition "Russian icon of the silver age" at the upcoming 43-м the Cabin was Natalia Komashko, the author of the catalogue of icons of the exhibition "Art treasures of Russia", scientific Secretary of the Museum of ancient Russian culture and art named after Andrei Rublev
- 13.09.2017 The revolutionary poster exhibition opens in the Russian Museum The exhibition "Poster of the era of the revolution", dedicated to 100-летию the October revolution, represents about 100 posters by artists such as Vladimir Lebedev, D. Moore, V. Mayakovsky, V. Denis, and others.
- 08.09.2017 "Moscow through the ages" in the Tretyakov gallery To the city Day, the Tretyakov gallery prepared the exhibition of works of Moscow – from icon painting of the XVII century to the paintings of the XIX – XXI centuries About 100 exhibits from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery and private collections
- 06.09.2017 Georgy Nissky and Ilya Katz from the collection of Lubov Agafonova in RAK Russian Academy of arts the gallery "vellum" opens the exhibition "Two captains" @80 - the paintings and graphic works of two authors from the collection "Vellum" and the personal collection of Creator gallery Lubov Agafonova
- 05.09.2017 Space in the works of contemporary artists will be shown in Murmansk region The time selected for the exhibition is symbolic. 17 September 2017 marks the 160th anniversary of the birth of Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. October 4, 1957 launch date of Sputnik. Plus, in these days host the exhibition of the city of Monchegorsk is 80
Login for subscribers
- 1. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 2. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 3. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 4. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 5. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 6. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 7. Peter Doig$25,9 million
- 8. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 9. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 10. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 11. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 12. Mark Grotjahn$16,8 million
- 13. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 14. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 15. Frank Stella$13,69 million
- 16. John Currin$12 million
- 17. David Hockney$11,7 million
- 18. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 19. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 20. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million