Top-10 of auction sales in Russian women-художниц in the first half of 2018
ARTinvestment.RU 02 августа 2018
Published best auction results for artists orbit Russian art from January to end of June 2018. The rating is based on the principle of "one artist — one painting"
Here rather not read, and to look to admire. The names of almost all known: most of the "Amazons of the avant-garde" and the representatives of the Russian Diaspora. In the first place predictably located the most expensive work of Russian artist, Natalia Goncharova. Living — two famous shestidesyatye Natalia Nesterova (8-м place) and the young artist Ella Kruglyanskaya (9-е place).
of the names that are in our area on the ear (I dare say), — Mela Muter and Ella Kruglyanskaya.
Maybe even Louise Nevelson. Although about the "Russian American" Louise Nevelson (1900-1988) AI wrote 9 years ago, deserves a closer look in the investment plan. And properly advised. The auction market of works by Nevelson (née Leah Berliawsky from Kiev) is booming. Since the start of 2018 was put up for auction, about 40 of her works, and nearly all sold. The most expensive — sculptures and assemblages of wood — go to the range $50 000-300 000.
Record sales the Mela Muter (1876-1967) — Maria Melania Muttermilch (nee. Kingsland) — are placed in a price range of $100 000-160 000. She was born in Warsaw into a Jewish family, at a time whenPoland was part of Russian Empire (that we have the technical criteria for the inclusion in the orbit of Russian art). The study of painting began at home, but how the artist implemented in France. In art history she came as the representative of the Paris school. Was known as a portrait painter, was engaged in magazine graphic art, has been exhibited in many Paris Salons, including the Salon of Independent. Mutter lived long (died in ' 91) and a very difficult life. Two years before the death of the surgeons returned her vision (for many years she could not work from-за cataracts), and the artist returned to painting.
Ella Kruglyanskaya was born in 1978 in the USSR, in Riga. Lives and works in new-Йорке. Since the beginning of 2010-х her solo exhibitions with great success in London (including , Tate Liverpool) and new-Йорке. The style to describe not just genre scenes involving graphic by-мультяшному drawn characters. Sometimes it's ironic history, sometimes strange dialogues. Stylistically, her work is reminiscent of book illustration, pop-арт. In the Kruglyansky technique uses as a familiar canvas-масло and egg tempera on plywood, and even includes paintings leaves graphics, etc. For the last five the price of her works has increased markedly. Record — $126 000 — was installed in 2015. For a huge three-meter thing. And it was hardly the first of its auction sale. In the first half of 2018 already six-foot two of her works were sold at the world's leading auction in the range $50 000-70 000.
Our illustrated rating is limited to 10 positions, but at the level of names you can look further. 11-м place — Sonia Delaunay ($60 230 at Christie's), it — Lea Nickel ($47 200 at Tiroche), then — Maria Sinyakova-Уречина ($43 270 at Christie's). From the results of Russian auctions in the top-20 got the work of Rimma and Valery Gerlovin ($32 123, Vladey) and Olga Amosova-Бунак ($17 300 for the Auction AI).
it Should be noted that the majority of works in the rating was sold significantly above the indicative estimates of the auction houses. Mela Muter — is almost three times higher than the estimate, and Maria Vasilyeva — is almost five times more expensive. Is steadily the interest in first names and a few interesting breakthroughs from the second row.
it Remains to recall that the most expensive work of Russian artist, according to the auction statistics are "Flowers" Natalia Goncharova sold back in 2008 for $10 890 964. As for the art world, according to-видимому, the most expensive work of women-художницы is "Dope" Georgia O'keeffe, sold at Sotheby's for $44 000 000.
something else to read on the topic on AI:
the Rating of AI. Women-художницы Russia and the Russian Diaspora;
Investment ideas on the art market. "Russian Americans". Louise Nevelson;
Top-10 most expensivewomen-художниц.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2019 In shorts at the Tretyakov gallery Never been — and here again. Until all forces were thrown on the protection of Repin, the attackers found a breach in the security of another building — in Lavrushinsky lane. In the morning the Moscow radio station excitedly discussing a new "performance" in TG. This time naked
- 19.03.2019 Italdesign unveiled a concept car "Da Vinci" Concept electric car, inspired by the designs of the great compatriot, by the Italians introduced in the year 500-летия since the death of Leonardo
- 19.03.2019 Security for Repin: from inspection at the exit refused After damage Repin "Ivan the terrible" and the brazen theft of the work of Kuindzhi, it is feared that visitors of the blockbuster "Ilya Repin" will face a crackdown
- 19.03.2019 Omega has released a watch with the design of the Russian artist Dial and slim ceramic case of the new Rado True Thinline My Bird decorated with a feather and a picture of the mythical bird Stratim created by the artist Elena Miro
- 19.03.2019 Gallery "vellum" has denied the information about the theft of the paintings on Prechistenka No artwork was not stolen. The information spread by some media, was false
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.03.2019 Experts: the culture industry brings the US economy is 4 times more than agricultural production This conclusion is contained in a study published in March 2019, Bureau of economic analysis, U.S. (BEA) and National endowment for the arts (NEA)
- 11.12.2018 Why deduction of 5 % — is bad for artists Three months ago came into force the government decision No. 285: sellers of paintings commanded to donate 5 % of resale to an accredited organization UPRAVI in favor of the artists and heirs to copyright. Explain what's wrong with that
- 06.12.2018 As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018 Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 06.03.2019 "The year of theatre in the village of Peremilovo" In Theatrical gallery on Malaya Ordynka opened a personal exhibition of Vladimir Lyubarova
- 06.03.2019 Paintings and drawings by Anatoly Zverev gallery "vellum" On 24 February at the New Museum Aslan chehova (SPb) ended the great exhibition "Anatoly Zverev. Painting. Graphics". Most of the exposure can now be seen in Moscow
- 05.03.2019 Vladimir Kalinin in the Antique centre on the Garden For the first time in the exhibition space managed to collect more than 50 works 1960-80-х years from a private collection
- 28.02.2019 Images of women & women-художницы at exhibitions of the Russian Museum in Malaga Branch timing in the Spanish city of Malaga has opened three exhibitions: "Saints, Queens, and workers. The image of women in Russian art", "Russian artist. At the intersection of tradition and avant-garde" and "Graphics Russian artists from the collection of Christine Gmurzynska"
- 28.02.2019 "The aristocratic portrait in Russia of the XVIII — beginning of the XX century" Exhibition in the State Historical Museum presents the 120 scenic portraits painted by Rokotov, Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Tropinin, Serov and other
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million