«Suprematist composition» Malevitch at Sotheby's. Three days before the record
ARTinvestment.RU 31 октября 2008
Three days later, on 3 November 2008, at Sotheby's auction with a record result will be sold to one of the rarest and most likely the most expensive work in the history of Russian art
Three days later, on 3 November 2008, at Sotheby's auction with a record result will be sold to one of the rarest and most likely the most expensive work in the history of Russian art.
How much confidence? Because no options. After all, to bid as a result of incredible multi-restorative combination enters the picture, representing the most valuable period of a recognized in the West, Russian artist, had a significant influence on the ideology of the art world in the XX century. Perhaps, and enough with the epithets. On both sides of the ocean in general is three words: Malevich, Suprematist compositions. Well, maybe add a couple of phrases: a legally perfect, without any doubt the authenticity. The rest, and so clear: that the chance to buy works of this class gets every 20-30-50 years old, and that they may actually cost any money - because of rarity and of great significance, and so on. That is why guaranteed irrevocable bid to $ 60 million, which made an anonymous foreigner who is perceived as only really start. There are 100 and 120 million dollars, why not? For one and a half - three million dollars for each of the nearly forty heirs, for whom the work will be sold. Although I would be more likely to put the figure at 75 million dollars.
Interestingly, «Suprematist composition» - this is not the last chance for collectors and investors.
The fact that five masterpieces Malevitch certainly come to the auction, the world learned 24 April 2008. On that day it was announced that the agreement between the City of Amsterdam and the heirs of Kazimir Malevich at the avant-gardist of controversial works from the collection of Stedelijk Museum. New York law firm Herrick, Feinstein LLP, represents the interests of the heirs, made the transfer of five major works from the museum collection.
It is believed that the Stedeliyk Muzium was a bona fide purchaser of the work. In 1958 they were legally purchased from the architect Hugo Heringa. Then it turned out that Hering had no right to dispose of them as his property. This reminded lawyers and heirs. At first the situation seemed a stalemate: on the Dutch laws because of the lapse of time from the perspectives of legal action in Europe was not. But lawyers have found a loophole and built «Malevitch» ambush. As part of the collection Stedeliyka, 14 paintings, left in 2003 for exhibition in the States (in New York's Guggenheim and the Houston Menil Collection), started in attack. In the States the work of Stedeliyka become vulnerable.
Why «dokopalis» to Stedeliyka? We know that there is the greatest and most significant collection of works by Malevich. It consists not only of the works for the Berlin exhibition of 1927, but part of the collection of Nicholas Hardzhieva and his wife Lilia chaga. The same collection with the archive, which has been unofficially removed from the USSR in 1990 and also gave rise to legal disputes, but that's another story. The battle unfolded just outside the picture to the Berlin Exhibition of 1927. For Malevich, it was «a breakthrough to the West», a rare opportunity to express their ideas in priority, so work for her, he chose with great care. Malevich was already feared that his work and innovative solutions can be concealed by the Soviet regime from the world community. And this was for good reason - the permission to travel abroad has proved to last.
From the press publications of Investigation managed to gather the following picture. In the Berlin of his Leningrad studio Malevitch brought about a hundred works, including some seventy paintings. But even before the expiry of the travel Malevitch telegram suddenly aroused back in the country. In anticipation of wrong, but still hoping to return, Malevich left their work for the storage architect Hugo Heringu. But take them Malevich was not destined to: abroad he is not allowed until his death in 1935. Upon completion of the work of Hering sent Suprematists deposited museum director Alexander Dorner Hanover. It is them and then saw the MOMA director Alfred Barr, which is taken in Europe, the material for the exhibition «Cubism and abstract art». Ostensibly believing Dorner authorized manager of the works, Barr bought him two pictures and a couple of pictures. A further seventeen works selected for exhibition in New York. (In different documents the number of different, but now it is not important.) According to other sources, Dorner had to be at any price to get a visa to leave Germany, and is believed that the paintings of Malevich used as an argument in this matter.
Somehow miraculously managed to ship the goods abroad. The historical landscape was such that the Nazis have one's heart hinged labels «degenerative art». Already there were confiscated, and even your purchased, Malevich, who also represented the «art of degeneration», Director Barr the passage across the border secretly, hidden in the paintings umbrella. Three years after the events described and the very Dorner had to emigrate to the United States, taking with them a picture and drawing. And the rest - back Hugo Heringu from which all started. What would later say about Heringe, but he still managed to safely hide paintings and drawings, and to preserve the legacy of Malevich in the military liholetya.
Then, in 1958, recalling the work done, Heringa were bought by Dutch museum. So Stedeliyke was smart selection Suprematist oils mid 1910-ies (size 70 x 60, and sometimes m), 1913-1914 kubisticheskie song's and other valuable works. All finished, high-quality masterpieces.
In the meantime work uplyvshie with Barry over the ocean, are regularly exhibited in the MOMA. In 1963, when nearly three decades, none of the heirs are not told of their rights, they become part of the permanent museum collection. Problems began in 1993 when the Soviet Union after the collapse of the heirs of Malevich, with the assistance of the German art historian Clemens Toussaint initiated negotiations with the MOMA on the return of works. As a result
The fate of same otsuzhennoy in 1999 from MOMA «Suprematist song» was clear as soon as God's day. Already in May 2000 at Phillips auction in New York, oil on canvas sold for 17 million dollars ( line 5 in the rating of the most expensive paintings Russian artists ) against the expected ten million. Perhaps this experience, and taught the heirs continue to monetary compensation does not change - to take pictures profitable.
Malevich - one of the forges artists. Relatively safe to work with his belongings (usually graphics) may be only a very experienced kollekitsonery. It is therefore important that the work otsuzhennye heirs, will not simply with Iron provenansom, but now the whole «white», from a legal point of view: the new owner can no longer terrorize the claims, playing on the dubious origin (eg, tortured Andrew Lloyd Webber, with its «Portrait of Angel Fernandez de Soto »(1903) painted by Picasso ). Completely legal Malevitch, released from a dark past - it is a huge rarity in the market, that is the thing that has the highest liquidity. Buy it securely from all points of view. And benefit from all points of view. As stated, this thing «to a wide range of readers», even in art does not necessarily understand. So the record is not long to wait. Total is for three days.
Vladimir Bogdanov ,
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2019 In shorts at the Tretyakov gallery Never been — and here again. Until all forces were thrown on the protection of Repin, the attackers found a breach in the security of another building — in Lavrushinsky lane. In the morning the Moscow radio station excitedly discussing a new "performance" in TG. This time naked
- 19.03.2019 Italdesign unveiled a concept car "Da Vinci" Concept electric car, inspired by the designs of the great compatriot, by the Italians introduced in the year 500-летия since the death of Leonardo
- 19.03.2019 Security for Repin: from inspection at the exit refused After damage Repin "Ivan the terrible" and the brazen theft of the work of Kuindzhi, it is feared that visitors of the blockbuster "Ilya Repin" will face a crackdown
- 19.03.2019 Omega has released a watch with the design of the Russian artist Dial and slim ceramic case of the new Rado True Thinline My Bird decorated with a feather and a picture of the mythical bird Stratim created by the artist Elena Miro
- 15.03.2019 Robbery-итальянски: instead of the original Bruegel thieves stole a copy of it Shortly before the robbery, the police switched the paintings "the Crucifixion" by Pieter Brueghel the Younger, and in the end ignorant of the robbers brought the Italian Church copy, but still caught on hidden camera
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.03.2019 Experts: the culture industry brings the US economy is 4 times more than agricultural production This conclusion is contained in a study published in March 2019, Bureau of economic analysis, U.S. (BEA) and National endowment for the arts (NEA)
- 11.12.2018 Why deduction of 5 % — is bad for artists Three months ago came into force the government decision No. 285: sellers of paintings commanded to donate 5 % of resale to an accredited organization UPRAVI in favor of the artists and heirs to copyright. Explain what's wrong with that
- 06.12.2018 As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018 Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 06.03.2019 "The year of theatre in the village of Peremilovo" In Theatrical gallery on Malaya Ordynka opened a personal exhibition of Vladimir Lyubarova
- 06.03.2019 Paintings and drawings by Anatoly Zverev gallery "vellum" On 24 February at the New Museum Aslan chehova (SPb) ended the great exhibition "Anatoly Zverev. Painting. Graphics". Most of the exposure can now be seen in Moscow
- 05.03.2019 Vladimir Kalinin in the Antique centre on the Garden For the first time in the exhibition space managed to collect more than 50 works 1960-80-х years from a private collection
- 28.02.2019 Images of women & women-художницы at exhibitions of the Russian Museum in Malaga Branch timing in the Spanish city of Malaga has opened three exhibitions: "Saints, Queens, and workers. The image of women in Russian art", "Russian artist. At the intersection of tradition and avant-garde" and "Graphics Russian artists from the collection of Christine Gmurzynska"
- 28.02.2019 "The aristocratic portrait in Russia of the XVIII — beginning of the XX century" Exhibition in the State Historical Museum presents the 120 scenic portraits painted by Rokotov, Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Tropinin, Serov and other
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million