Nikolay Shestopalov. Paintings and drawings of the pupil of Repin, the Russian Museum
ARTinvestment.RU 09 июня 2016
Joint exhibition of the state Russian Museum and gallery "vellum" will take place at the Stroganov Palace on June 23 — on 5 September 2016
for the First time after a long break, will be presented the works of the Russian painter Nikolai Ivanovich Shestopalova (1875-1954).
the Exposition includes about 70 works from the collection of the project initiator of the gallery "vellum" and from the Russian Museum funds. The viewer will find here the images of-воспоминания about the past of Russia and its pre-revolutionary life, sketches of provincial estates and interiors of the nineteenth century, illustrations from the life of A. S. Pushkin, M. Y. Lermontov, as well as romantic watercolor images of Old Crimea and Krasnaya Polyana.
Nikolay Shestopalov has gained fame and recognition in 1900-20-е years. Before the revolution, participated in exhibitions Association "World of art" and actively worked in the field of satirical graphics. After the revolution, in 1920-е years he turned to historical-революционному genre and he exposed his works at all exhibitions of the Association of artists of revolutionary Russia (AHRR) since its inception.
Official art history strictly determined Nicholas Shestopalovu place in the history of Soviet art, calling it a well-known Illustrator, author of sketches for the Soviet pre-war postcards, glorifying heroic work. Art historians seemed to have forgotten about the artist's training in Munich, about his participation in the exhibitions "World of art", in Russian art of the second decade of the twentieth century. To fill the gaps in the history of Russian art and "back in circulation" the name of the Russian artist of the first half of the twentieth century is called exhibition of paintings and graphics Nikolai Shestopalova in the Russian Museum.
In the life and work of Nicholas Shestopalova was clearly a way of development of Russian art from the late XIX to mid-XX century. A peasant boy from Church-приходской school behind deals in St. Petersburg, courses at the Academy of arts of I. Repin, in the Studio Mate and I. L. Dmitriev-Кавказского, gets skills of academic drawing, graphics and painting. Together with M. cotter closed up his hand, E. Lansere, D. Kardovsky and S. Chekhonin he founded the magazine "the Spectator" (1905). The reaction that followed the 1905 revolution, forcing him to leave Russia; he studied in Germany (Munich), Italy and France. In Munich formed a visual language Shestopalova-художника, which incorporates traditionally Russian-реалистическую manner, and German expressionist art.
Back in 1907 in Saint-Петербург, the artist participates in exhibitions "World of art" group and the "New Association of artists" (NOH), communicates with the Russian symbolists and Impressionists, uses their favorite topics, while remaining committed to academic painting traditions. In this atmosphere born typical "Shestopalova" images of a bygone Russia. And even landscapes of the twentieth Shestopalova-тридцатых years not so much reflect the harsh Soviet reality as recreate the pre-revolutionary way. The artist throughout the creative journey is constantly drawn to the pictures of the Russian province. These are the "Family in an interior (1910-е), "Sunny porch" (1920-е), "Uglich. The house of Tsarevich Dmitry" (1929), "path in the woods" (1930), "On the Volga" (1933), "chembar. The gazebo in the garden Belinsky" (1936), "Vasilsursk" (1939), etc.
As a member AHRR since its founding in 1922), Shestopalov regularly takes part in exhibitions and, in contrast, does not engage in social activities. Writes a lot, and leaves in an artistic expedition to the Aral sea, the Urals, the Dnieper.
Shestopalova Painting of the mid-twentieth century, thematically returns to the legacy of the "world of art" — colleagues and companions of his youth; is the provincial estates, ruined churches and monasteries, written "-ахровски" pasty, almost illusory. Writes about this art Love Agafonov, Director of the gallery "vellum": "the Crimea, Krasnaya Polyana, silver types Central Asia — is the subjects of his paintings, written in the first years of Soviet power. It attracts the interior rooms of the nineteenth century, provincial towns square — life of a bygone era..."
Preserved elegant, romantic watercolours depicting fountains, Tatar Saclay and streets of Old Crimea, as if descended from the pages of Pushkin's "Bakhchisarai fountain". Shestopalov says is "Italian" Crimea — landscapes of Alupka, Simeiz. Admiring the silhouette of the heroine in the lumen wall ("pike", 1915), like Briullov Italian midday". As lovingly written landscapes of the Caucasus (Krasnaya Polyana", 1921).
the Exhibition acquaints visitors with interesting artist who has come a long creative path from academic art, symbolism to create paintings on themes of Russian revolutionary movements and modern history. And was undeservedly forgotten, like many artists who, for one reason or another did not become the flagships of Soviet art, but remained faithful to the fine ideals of the past. The authors of the exhibition hope that the name and creative legacy of the original Russian and Soviet artist Nikolai Shestopalova will take a worthy place in the history of Russian art.
Nikolai Shestopalov — involved in more than 80 exhibitions, his works are in the collections of the State Russian Museum, the Central Museum of the red army, the State Museum of revolution of USSR and other Museum collections. In the framework of the exhibition will be published the first catalogue of the artist's works.
Source: press-релиз of the exhibition
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million