The results of the auction of post-war and Contemporary Art Christie's March 11
ARTinvestment.RU 13 марта 2009
Trades under the name First Open brought $ 3 million. The most expensive work was the painting by Tom Vesselmanna
March 11, at New York auctions were held on the works of postwar and contemporary art Christie's First Open. At the First Open auctions are sold mostly not very expensive works of famous artists. The total bid amounted to nearly 3 million dollars.
The largest amount has picture «Back to blue» (1998), American artist Tom Vesselmanna (Tom Wesselmann). She left for 146,5 thousand dollars when estimeyte 80-120 thousand. Vesselmann famous for their colorful paintings in the style of pop-art.
In the second place in the ranking of the most expensive lots - a work of Israeli artist Yaakov Agam (Yaacov Agam). Painting «New Landscape», estimated at 50-70 thousand dollars, was sold for 122.5 thousand. This work, written in 1976, looks like a modern computer graphics. Agam is one of the great masters of kinetic and optical art. The works of his are not very expensive: «The new landscape» won the second line in the list of his major achievements auction.
The third place took the lot, consisting of three figures, executed in 1981, the conceptual artist Robert Longo (Robert Longo). Works had 110 thousand dollars at estimeyte 40-60 thousand. Longo is the author of impressive works. For the foundation, it usually takes the photos from the media. Among other projects Longo - videos and movies. In the 1980's he created a video for such well-known groups like New Order and REM, and in 1995 was made as directed by the fantastic movie «Johnny-Mnemonic», which played a popular actor Keanu Reeves (Keanu Reeves), Dolf Lundgren ( Dolph Lundgren) and Takeshi Kitano (Takeshi Kitano).
At the auction were also interesting works by artists of Russian origin: Louise Nevelson (Louise Nevelson) , Arshila Gorky (Arshile Gorky) , Jules Olitski (Jules Olitski) . Sale of the Olitski (details of which can be found here ) was one of the major surprises auction. Paintings, entitled Total Trend (1966) lasted for 92.5 thousand dollars, with thousands of estimeyte 18-25. The painting belongs to the most characteristic and recognizable artist's creations: the colors on it organically pass one another. The artist has made of this effect is very original (for 1960) way: it is painted on canvas using an aerosol.
Wooden relief «Silence music I» (1974), another born in the Russian Empire, Louise Nevelson, has 74.5 thousand dollars, with preliminary estimates of 40-60 thousand. Unnamed surrealistic image of Mark Rothko, created in mid-1940's, went to 22.5 thousand, with thousands of estimeyte 12-18. A graphics Arshila Hills sold out within estimeyta: sketch for the painting at the Whitney Museum (ca. 1932), was sold for 35 thousand in the estimeyte 30-40 thousand nameless and gouache, which was written in the second half of the 1930's, yielded 25 thousand, with a preliminary assessment of 25-35 thousand.
estimeyta went in excess of many works, including works by Alexander Koldera (Alexander Calder) and Jean Dyubyuffe (Jean Dubuffet). At Koldera and Dyubyuffe now in great demand, remember the great sale of their creations at the February auction Sotheby's and Christie's . The little silver brooch Koldera created in the late 1940's, has 43.8 thousand dollars, with preliminary estimates of 15-20 thousand. Jewelry created Kolderom enjoyed great popularity - recently in New York's Metropolitan Museum was arranged exhibition devoted exclusively to them .
«Portrait of Jean-Paul» Dyubyuffe (1947), as Koldera brooch, estimated at 15-20 thousand, and left for 43,8 thousand. A collage «situation XXIV» (1978) with the same estimeyte was sold for 30 thousand. This work is very much like the works of some artists outsiders, and not without: it was the main promoter Dyubyuffe marginal art.
Material prepared Yulia Maksimova
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million