Alleged Caravaggio offered for auction with an estimate of 100-150 million euros
ARTinvestment.RU 04 марта 2019
The painting "Judith and Holofernes" was discovered in 2014 in the attic of an old mansion in Toulouse. Earlier work suggested the Louvre for 100 million euros, but the Museum refused
This classic story finds the attic started in 2014. Several generations of owners of an old mansion in Toulouse (apparently, completely devoid of curiosity) for 150 years looked to the closed attic space, with only an occasional leaking roof forced them to do it. And there is, of course, found the picture a cursory glance at which was enough to understand: Yes, it's Caravaggio!
the First (recognized experts) version of the painting on the same subject was painted by Caravaggio in 1599. Today, the "Judith and Holofernes" is kept in the Palazzo Barberini in Rome. But, according to the written testimony of one of his contemporaries Caravaggio — artist Frans Pourbus Junior, was a second version of the story. And saw Frans Pourbus this second version is where-нибудь, and in the workshop of Luis Pinson. Finson, was a follower of Caravaggio, was owned by two of his originals, and also copied some works of the master. For doing this, and it caught the colleague Pourbus. Copied it, according to the testimony of Purpose, just the second version of "Judith". Today is the "Judith and Holofernes", which is considered a copy of Luis Pinson, belongs to the collection of the Bank "Inteza" in Naples. But the work that was found in the attic in Toulouse, was announced by the local expert Eric Tourcoing (Eric Turquin) the lost original of Caravaggio.
Work was scrutinised by many experts. Not all agreed with the attribution. The French government first imposed 30-месячный a ban on the export of the painting until it becomes clearer with authorship. Did not. The comrades-экспертах-прежнему there is no agreement.
it is significant that refused to purchase from the Louvre. But, according to Tourcoing, this does not mean that the work is not genuine. One hundred million euros — is about 15-летний the budget of the Louvre for the purchase of new exhibits, and also at the Louvre already has three outstanding works by Caravaggio, — says Turken.
But what is really strange is the fact that the sale of the alleged Caravaggio was entrusted with the world's first auction houses Christie's or Sotheby's, and small auction in Toulouse. Auctioneer mark Labarr and was the man who in 2014 found canvas. This summer, June 27, in the gallery of Labarba in Toulouse expect to sell it for 100-150 million euros. The organizers claim the increased interest in the painting and say that the most probable buyer can become a Museum.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2019 In shorts at the Tretyakov gallery Never been — and here again. Until all forces were thrown on the protection of Repin, the attackers found a breach in the security of another building — in Lavrushinsky lane. In the morning the Moscow radio station excitedly discussing a new "performance" in TG. This time naked
- 19.03.2019 Italdesign unveiled a concept car "Da Vinci" Concept electric car, inspired by the designs of the great compatriot, by the Italians introduced in the year 500-летия since the death of Leonardo
- 19.03.2019 Security for Repin: from inspection at the exit refused After damage Repin "Ivan the terrible" and the brazen theft of the work of Kuindzhi, it is feared that visitors of the blockbuster "Ilya Repin" will face a crackdown
- 19.03.2019 Omega has released a watch with the design of the Russian artist Dial and slim ceramic case of the new Rado True Thinline My Bird decorated with a feather and a picture of the mythical bird Stratim created by the artist Elena Miro
- 19.03.2019 Gallery "vellum" has denied the information about the theft of the paintings on Prechistenka No artwork was not stolen. The information spread by some media, was false
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.03.2019 Experts: the culture industry brings the US economy is 4 times more than agricultural production This conclusion is contained in a study published in March 2019, Bureau of economic analysis, U.S. (BEA) and National endowment for the arts (NEA)
- 11.12.2018 Why deduction of 5 % — is bad for artists Three months ago came into force the government decision No. 285: sellers of paintings commanded to donate 5 % of resale to an accredited organization UPRAVI in favor of the artists and heirs to copyright. Explain what's wrong with that
- 06.12.2018 As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018 Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 06.03.2019 "The year of theatre in the village of Peremilovo" In Theatrical gallery on Malaya Ordynka opened a personal exhibition of Vladimir Lyubarova
- 06.03.2019 Paintings and drawings by Anatoly Zverev gallery "vellum" On 24 February at the New Museum Aslan chehova (SPb) ended the great exhibition "Anatoly Zverev. Painting. Graphics". Most of the exposure can now be seen in Moscow
- 05.03.2019 Vladimir Kalinin in the Antique centre on the Garden For the first time in the exhibition space managed to collect more than 50 works 1960-80-х years from a private collection
- 28.02.2019 Images of women & women-художницы at exhibitions of the Russian Museum in Malaga Branch timing in the Spanish city of Malaga has opened three exhibitions: "Saints, Queens, and workers. The image of women in Russian art", "Russian artist. At the intersection of tradition and avant-garde" and "Graphics Russian artists from the collection of Christine Gmurzynska"
- 28.02.2019 "The aristocratic portrait in Russia of the XVIII — beginning of the XX century" Exhibition in the State Historical Museum presents the 120 scenic portraits painted by Rokotov, Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Tropinin, Serov and other
Login for subscribers
- 1. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 2. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 3. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 4. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 5. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 6. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 7. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 8. Peter Doig$25,9 million
- 9. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 10. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 11. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 12. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 13. Mark Grotjahn$16,8 million
- 14. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 15. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 16. Frank Stella$13,69 million
- 17. John Currin$12 million
- 18. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 19. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 20. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million