Rostov Museum said about fakes Malevich and Popova in their congregation
ARTinvestment.RU 12 апреля 2018
The originals of these works are in the collections of the MOMA in new-Йорке and the Museum of contemporary art in Thessaloniki. According to the staff of the state Museum "Rostov Museum-заповедник", the substitution of originals for forgery was carried out in the period 1955-1972.
the Article "two imitations in the collection of the avant-garde of the Rostov Museum" in a specific subject the March issue of the newspaper "the Rostov antiquity" No. 12(181) have once again raised trailing from the end of 1980-х years of dispute about the authenticity of the work "Samovar" Kazimir Malevich and "non-objective composition" Lyubov Popova from the Museum's collection and, apparently, put in this long-awaited point. The conclusion of the author of the article, the Deputy Director on scientific work GMZ "Rostov Museum-заповедник" Sergey V. Sazonov clear: in the Rostov Museum are fakes from the originals, leaked to foreign collections in the second half of the twentieth century.
Readers, think, remember about the scandal unfolded last year around the large collection of works of art and archival materials donated to the Museum "Rostov Kremlin" by Prince N. Dmitry Lobanov-Ростовским. Chemical and art historical examination revealed that the Central works from the donated collection are fakes. Just presented to the Museum of work were six false — including works previously attributed to A. Exter, I. Mashkov and J. Marriage. But the Museum staff did not stop checking for new acquisitions and for 2017 we decided to conduct a detailed study of all the works of Russian avant-garde from its collection.
as a result of scientific examination conducted by the Institute of Geology and geochronology of the Precambrian (St-Петербург), the State Russian Museum and the State scientific-исследовательским Institute of restoration (Gosniir), confirmed fears that occurred in 1987-1989 the art historian S. G. Jafarova: that two works of the Rostov Museum are later forgeries. The experts found that the work "pot" and "non-objective composition" was written in the second half of the twentieth century, and therefore not exactly belong to the brush of Malevich and Popova.
the Original works of Malevich and Popova came to the meeting of the Rostov Museum in the first half of 1920-х years in the large collection of works from the Museum Bureau of Narkompros. Soon fell out of favor avant-garde for a long time was hidden in the Museum, and only in the late 1980-х years, in the Wake of increased him foreign interest in the works of the Rostov Museum were examined and disposed of to the exhibition. Expert S. G. Jafarova while working with the foreign exhibitions of the avant-garde in 1987 and 1989 drew attention to the fact that the "Malevich" and "Popova" from Rostov dramatically different in quality from other works of the congregation, and while each work showed the double in a foreign Museum, more similar to the original. There was a third work in the collection of the Rostov Museum — "Green bar", owned by the brush of Olga Rozanova. With her just, according to Jafarova, everything was inokay. However, the work Rozanova from Rostov has been found double in the same collection Costakis (which formed the basis of the Museum of contemporary art, Thessaloniki). The "Green bar" of the Greek Museum had a lot in common with Malevich and Popova from Rostov — as if they were written by one person. In 1991 Jafarov spoke at the conference in the Tretyakov gallery, a statement that all three of these works are likely to be fake. Its findings agreed author of the book "Russian Avantgarde", 1991 A. B. Nakov. But many experts on-прежнему was of the opinion that all the above-mentioned work — and Rostov, and West — true that this is just more repetition.
Now, when experts confirmed the authenticity Rozanova from the Rostov Museum, but, alas, could not say the same about the "Samovar" Malevich and the "abstract compositions" Popova, will begin a serious investigation of who, how and when switched the originals for fakes. Suspicions were raised earlier in the address of collector I. V. Kachurina, who helped George Costakis collect his legendary collection. Kachurin allegedly sold Costakis fake "Green band" Rozanova and was very proud that I tricked him. Maybe it was planned and the work of the Rostov Museum to replace, but when this failed to do the Greek collector sold a fake. Like it or not, now it is impossible to determine because access to "Green lane" from the collection of Kostaki there in 1990-х it was sold to some private Swedish collection.
Recently, the staff of the state Museum "Rostov Kremlin" S. Sazonov and S. Y. Smirnov in the Museum archive was discovered the documents linking the above I. V. Kachurina with the Rostov Museum. In 1955 he was sent here by the Museum of history of religion and atheism to select books from the Rostov Kremlin. In addition to its immediate mission, Kachurin held at the Museum of the audit of the art collection and came to the conclusion that many works do not represent artistic value and should be decommissioned. The cancellation did not happen (prevent the disposal of the Ministry of culture), work remains on the balance of the Museum, Malevich and Popova could then "evolve".
In the Museum card at the "Samovar" Malevich at the new-йоркского Museum of modern art MOMA in the "Provenance" of the first line stated that in 1922 the work was in the Rostov Museum. It turns out that this is the work that was transferred from the Museum division of Narkompros. The following line of provenance relates to 1972: this year "Samovar" was sold at Sotheby's auction in London. In 1977 he is listed in the McCory Corporation collection. And in 1983, purchased at MOMA. Ie work of Malevich fell to the West until 1972. As for the work of Popova, the original could be stolen in the same period. In 1972 the Kurchatov Institute held an exhibition of works from the collection Kostaki. Mentioned in the list of works painting Popova identical in size with that listed in the Rostov Museum. It turns out that Costakis bought a genuine "Pointlessthe song" from the Rostov Museum until 1972.
Staff of the state Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have reported the detection of fakes in its collection to the Ministry of culture of the Russian Federation, reported it stolen to the police and expressed willingness to seek the return of stolen works Home.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Jeff Koons$91,07 million
- 2. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 3. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 4. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 5. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 6. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 7. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 8. Peter Doig$28,81 million
- 9. Frank Stella$28 million
- 10. Yoshitomo Nara$24,95 million
- 11. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 12. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 13. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 14. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 15. Mark Grotjahn$16,8 million
- 16. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 17. KAWS$14,7 million
- 18. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 19. Banksy$12,14 million
- 20. John Currin$12 million
- 21. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 22. Pierre Soulages$10,6 million
- 23. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 24. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million