From the Lviv gallery of art stolen about hundreds of ancient books and manuscripts
ARTinvestment.RU 11 января 2017
As stated by the new Director of the gallery, the theft could have happened years. The value of the stolen publications, including a copy of the "Apostle" of Ivan Fedorov, on the black market reaches tens of millions of dollars
Lviv national art gallery is the largest art Museum of Ukraine, with 62 thousand exhibits. The General Director of the Museum of Taras Wozniak, who took office in 2016, at the end of October initiated a check of the funds, the results of which were stunning. According to rough estimates, the funds were missing 95 most valuable old publications and two manuscripts of the XVI–XVII centuries. The loss was discovered on 3 January. The next day, the Director of the gallery wrote an appeal to the General Directorate of National police in the Lviv region with a request to investigate the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Museum exhibits.
press-конференции held at the Museum on January 5, become aware of the following details of the case. It is only those publications that were recorded in inventory books. "This is basically a pretty rare Cyrillic printed books, which are prized on the collectors market. I know that there were two “Apostle” of Ivan Fedorov. The one I saw in the reconciliation, and the second my hands and don't hit", — quoted historian-книговеда Faith Fris portal Segodnia.
According to gallery Director Taras Voznyak, because the inventory book was not bound, then any page from it could withdraw or falsify — like what-то names was not. Yet to see if there were any disappearances from the collections of books in German, Polish and other languages.
the Former Director of the Lviv art gallery Larisa Woznicka-Разинкова, who held the position from 2012 to 2016, claims that neither she nor her father (Boris Wozniak was Director of the Museum nearly half a century; in 2013, the gallery was named after him) about the theft nothing was known. Woznicka-Разинкова demanded re-checking of funds.
Now all the staff out of work. The fact of the theft and notified to the Ministry of culture and the security Service of Ukraine. The investigation is underway.
According to the Director of the Center for monument studies, NAS of Ukraine and the Ukrainian society of protection of monuments of history and culture Elena Titova, missing publications may emerge at auction. "Yes, memo can take abroad. Especially when you consider that with the Russian Federation we have all the open border. And that means that thieves have no particular problems crossing the border. I also do not exclude the possibility of export of our cultural values in Western countries. Unfortunately, it is also possible," — quoted Titova website politeka.net.
From the editor. And again black market, worse than that only the auctions in Russia.
can Not hold on to make out a few dubious claims, the meaning of which is not the content, and the scoring of hackneyed cliches, to be witty. The first of them that the price of the stolen books on a black market tens of millions of dollars. In this sentence there are two incorrect (or rather, ridiculous) claims that in-первых, the black market is, and in-вторых, it prices certainly higher than in the white (legal) market. Then suddenly, especially if we are talking about serious money (I do not know how to Lvov colleagues, and for us here inRussia, and the $20,000 already serious money)? Serious money requires serious attitude to the transaction, where everything is important: the origin of the CC (cultural values, the books in this case), and confidence in its authenticity and safety. If the book is stolen from a Museum, then at least they will be erased or Museum stamps (completely and this cannot be done) or removed the page with them (and this is a safety and questions to the origin). And sell the book collector is almost impossible. Because, had he (or his family) for some-то reasons to sell a book in the future, at best they will face the same difficulties and expensive not to sell. And in the worst case, if the sale will find that the book is stolen, and even lose money.
Now, about the danger that the stolen books will emerge at the Moscow auctions. If this happens, something about the best outcome and to dream of our Lviv colleagues would not have. Them all-то need that to view auction catalogues and to detect missing books. Then contact the organizers and ask them to return books. All. What's the danger? We emphasize again that open auction — is the protection from fraud, not that-то more.
And the last — border. Don't know what the experience of Lviv colleagues in this field, and our suggests that Ukrainian border and in the quiet days were extremely unpleasant place for carriage of KC. What-что, and that the Ukrainian customs officers tracked very zealously. Now, in connection with certain events, I think, only became tougher. Maybe this refers to the boundary in the hot spot of Donetsk and Lugansk? I don't know... Maybe this is the place for the Lviv Museum is transparent and comfortable and I would go through such a boundary and the light did not dare to move, and even books from the Museum even more.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 20.09.2017 Dedicated to Banksy new graffiti Jean-Мишелю Basquiat Two new works by the mysterious street artist appeared in London near the Barbican Centre, where on Thursday opened the exhibition Basquiat
- 19.09.2017 BRAFA 2018 unveils the list of exhibitors The first international art fair of the year, the next edition of BRAFA will take place between 27 January and 4 February 2018 at Tour & Taxis (Brussels), and will bring together 132 galleries and art dealers from some 15 countries
- 18.09.2017 Mark Grotjan did not recognize his picture from the auction Phillips Auction house Phillips withdrew the forthcoming auction of contemporary art the picture seems to be grotyana after himself mark Grotjahn in your Instagram refused to recognize her as his
- 14.09.2017 Swiss photographer gave the photo contest other people's images for their The issue of plagiarism and appropriational art. Knowing that the work was borrowed from the Thai photographer and minimally modified jury immediately stripped of the Swiss award
- 12.09.2017 Video "C. P. H." could be quite different. But the Cord did not wait for Khvostov New video of the group "Leningrad", which attracted more than 11 million views on YouTube, was originally conceived as "hallucinogenia" animation. Gouache for the animators drew the artist Tails. The work lasted for six months, when the Cords abruptly changed plans
- 22.09.2017 20,000 postcards from a private collection and the most vital of the fine arts in the "Empire" September 27 will be an auction of "Postcards, photographs and books from a private collection", and on September 30 will be "an Auction of printed graphics of the XVIII–XX centuries."
- 21.09.2017 100-й auction "House of antique books in Nikitsky": rare editions and unusual format 28 September 2017 house "In Nikitsky" will hold a jubilee auction. The auction will be exhibited rare books, autographs and photographs
- 20.09.2017 16-й auction "Antiquarian book club" Auction catalog September 29, has made drawings, paintings, posters, rare books, autographs, photographs
- 19.09.2017 Monthly auction of Russian and Western European art in the house "Russian enamel" on September 23 In the directory — of paintings and drawings, antique silver, ceramics, jewelry, art glass, icons, furniture, photographs and other collectibles
- 18.09.2017 Open 196-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eight paintings, six original leaves and four — graphics and two works made in mixed media
- 22.09.2017 St. Petersburg collection "literary Fund". Auction September 14 Twice for 54 % — that money on lots. Traded mainly through the Internet — surely, the Petrograd?
- 01.09.2017 The August auctions "Cabinet". A brief summary Auction 17 August resulted in almost 1.5 million rubles (46 % of the mean estimate) and revenue rare book auction on August 24 reached 7.5 mln (59 % of the average aggregate scores of all lots)
- 17.08.2017 How to start a new collector? Idea first — sixties Buying art in a crisis is beneficial. Such an affordable price was not, perhaps, Oh, 15 years. Many people ask: how to approach the topic? Which artists should more pay attention to the auctions? What to buy to not be disappointed? Below — one of the opinions
- 14.08.2017 Artist of the week. Boris Gurvich from enterprises Filonov For the first time in the Auction AI Boris Isaakovich Gurvich. The artist was part of the first group of "Masters of analytical art" Pavel Filonov, which existed until the split of the Association in 1930. The work of Gurvich has never been offered at auction in our country
- 10.08.2017 Auction "Russian enamel" on August 3. A brief summary Catalogue of paintings, drawings and objects of decorative-прикладного art sold out to third. Total revenue amounted to almost 4 million rubles
- 14.09.2017 Icons of the Silver age will show at the Antique Salon in CHA The curator of the special exhibition "Russian icon of the silver age" at the upcoming 43-м the Cabin was Natalia Komashko, the author of the catalogue of icons of the exhibition "Art treasures of Russia", scientific Secretary of the Museum of ancient Russian culture and art named after Andrei Rublev
- 13.09.2017 The revolutionary poster exhibition opens in the Russian Museum The exhibition "Poster of the era of the revolution", dedicated to 100-летию the October revolution, represents about 100 posters by artists such as Vladimir Lebedev, D. Moore, V. Mayakovsky, V. Denis, and others.
- 08.09.2017 "Moscow through the ages" in the Tretyakov gallery To the city Day, the Tretyakov gallery prepared the exhibition of works of Moscow – from icon painting of the XVII century to the paintings of the XIX – XXI centuries About 100 exhibits from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery and private collections
- 06.09.2017 Georgy Nissky and Ilya Katz from the collection of Lubov Agafonova in RAK Russian Academy of arts the gallery "vellum" opens the exhibition "Two captains" @80 - the paintings and graphic works of two authors from the collection "Vellum" and the personal collection of Creator gallery Lubov Agafonova
- 05.09.2017 Space in the works of contemporary artists will be shown in Murmansk region The time selected for the exhibition is symbolic. 17 September 2017 marks the 160th anniversary of the birth of Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. October 4, 1957 launch date of Sputnik. Plus, in these days host the exhibition of the city of Monchegorsk is 80
Login for subscribers
- 1. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 2. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 3. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 4. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 5. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 6. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 7. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 8. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 9. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 10. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 11. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 12. Claude Monet$81,45 million
- 13. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 14. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 15. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 16. Willem de Kooning$66,3 million
- 17. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million