From the Lviv gallery of art stolen about hundreds of ancient books and manuscripts
ARTinvestment.RU 11 января 2017
As stated by the new Director of the gallery, the theft could have happened years. The value of the stolen publications, including a copy of the "Apostle" of Ivan Fedorov, on the black market reaches tens of millions of dollars
Lviv national art gallery is the largest art Museum of Ukraine, with 62 thousand exhibits. The General Director of the Museum of Taras Wozniak, who took office in 2016, at the end of October initiated a check of the funds, the results of which were stunning. According to rough estimates, the funds were missing 95 most valuable old publications and two manuscripts of the XVI–XVII centuries. The loss was discovered on 3 January. The next day, the Director of the gallery wrote an appeal to the General Directorate of National police in the Lviv region with a request to investigate the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Museum exhibits.
press-конференции held at the Museum on January 5, become aware of the following details of the case. It is only those publications that were recorded in inventory books. "This is basically a pretty rare Cyrillic printed books, which are prized on the collectors market. I know that there were two “Apostle” of Ivan Fedorov. The one I saw in the reconciliation, and the second my hands and don't hit", — quoted historian-книговеда Faith Fris portal Segodnia.
According to gallery Director Taras Voznyak, because the inventory book was not bound, then any page from it could withdraw or falsify — like what-то names was not. Yet to see if there were any disappearances from the collections of books in German, Polish and other languages.
the Former Director of the Lviv art gallery Larisa Woznicka-Разинкова, who held the position from 2012 to 2016, claims that neither she nor her father (Boris Wozniak was Director of the Museum nearly half a century; in 2013, the gallery was named after him) about the theft nothing was known. Woznicka-Разинкова demanded re-checking of funds.
Now all the staff out of work. The fact of the theft and notified to the Ministry of culture and the security Service of Ukraine. The investigation is underway.
According to the Director of the Center for monument studies, NAS of Ukraine and the Ukrainian society of protection of monuments of history and culture Elena Titova, missing publications may emerge at auction. "Yes, memo can take abroad. Especially when you consider that with the Russian Federation we have all the open border. And that means that thieves have no particular problems crossing the border. I also do not exclude the possibility of export of our cultural values in Western countries. Unfortunately, it is also possible," — quoted Titova website politeka.net.
From the editor. And again black market, worse than that only the auctions in Russia.
can Not hold on to make out a few dubious claims, the meaning of which is not the content, and the scoring of hackneyed cliches, to be witty. The first of them that the price of the stolen books on a black market tens of millions of dollars. In this sentence there are two incorrect (or rather, ridiculous) claims that in-первых, the black market is, and in-вторых, it prices certainly higher than in the white (legal) market. Then suddenly, especially if we are talking about serious money (I do not know how to Lvov colleagues, and for us here inRussia, and the $20,000 already serious money)? Serious money requires serious attitude to the transaction, where everything is important: the origin of the CC (cultural values, the books in this case), and confidence in its authenticity and safety. If the book is stolen from a Museum, then at least they will be erased or Museum stamps (completely and this cannot be done) or removed the page with them (and this is a safety and questions to the origin). And sell the book collector is almost impossible. Because, had he (or his family) for some-то reasons to sell a book in the future, at best they will face the same difficulties and expensive not to sell. And in the worst case, if the sale will find that the book is stolen, and even lose money.
Now, about the danger that the stolen books will emerge at the Moscow auctions. If this happens, something about the best outcome and to dream of our Lviv colleagues would not have. Them all-то need that to view auction catalogues and to detect missing books. Then contact the organizers and ask them to return books. All. What's the danger? We emphasize again that open auction — is the protection from fraud, not that-то more.
And the last — border. Don't know what the experience of Lviv colleagues in this field, and our suggests that Ukrainian border and in the quiet days were extremely unpleasant place for carriage of KC. What-что, and that the Ukrainian customs officers tracked very zealously. Now, in connection with certain events, I think, only became tougher. Maybe this refers to the boundary in the hot spot of Donetsk and Lugansk? I don't know... Maybe this is the place for the Lviv Museum is transparent and comfortable and I would go through such a boundary and the light did not dare to move, and even books from the Museum even more.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2017 "Unknown masterpieces" from private collections will be shown at the Cultural Forum in the Arena Moscow cultural forum will take place in the Central Arena from March 24 to 26. The public can visit it for free. The business program will be accompanied by performances of famous people, and at least one interesting exhibition
- 20.03.2017 Vandal attacked with a screwdriver on the painting by Gainsborough in the National gallery 63-летний homeless Keith Gregory managed to make two long scratches on the painting "Morning stroll" painted by Thomas Gainsborough
- 20.03.2017 Russian artist led the first Antarctic Biennale A sociocultural expedition, devised by our Alexander Ponomarev, finally-то started. 16 March 2017 from the Argentine port of Ushuaia towards Antarctica came research vessel "Akademik Sergey Vavilov" with the artists on Board
- 10.03.2017 Medina will provide bloggers with free entrance to museums In theaters online-писателей, too, will be admitted free. It seems that the cultural authorities began to suspect that a youth TV it is not the assistant
- 10.03.2017 Kandinsky painting I would like the court to Rob German Bank On the famous painting of 1907 "Colorful life" claimed by the heirs of the prewar owners. Now the painting is owned Bank of Bavaria, who rents it out to a Museum in Munich Lenbachhaus
- 28.03.2017 Painting by CY Twombly with an estimate $55 million put up for auction The painting "Leda and the Swan" promises to be one of the top-лотов auction of postwar and contemporary art Christie's may 17, in new-Йорке
- 28.03.2017 Books, autographs and stuff at the auction "KABINET" on March 30 March 30 auction house "KABINET" will hold the dealer auction, which will feature 455 lots, antique books, autographs, photographs, posters and postcards
- 22.03.2017 House of antique books "In the Nikita" invites auction # 90 March 30, will auction "Russian painting, graphics, decorative-прикладное art XVIII–XX centuries Autographs, historical documents, rare books on art, photography. From the collections of M. V. Ratz, I. V. Ilyinsky, E. Gollerbakh, A. T. Tvardovsky"
- 20.03.2017 Open 170-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eleven paintings and six of the original sheets, one draw composition and one work, executed in mixed media
- 17.03.2017 Jubilee auction "Russian enamel" March 25 auction house "KABINET" will hold two sessions 50th anniversary-х auction, which will feature rare books, autographs, photographs, postcards, paintings and drawings. In the auction catalogue of over 400 lots for a total sum about 30 million roubles
- 24.03.2017 National standard "Examination of works of art. Paintings and drawings. General requirements" (GOST R 57424-2017) In nestandarta first lists the requirements for expert opinion as to the document with the list of information which it must operate. National standard examination of art promulgated by Order of the Federal Agency for technical regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) №176-ст from 22 March 2017.
- 24.03.2017 Gogol for 6.5 million and Lermontov 3. Results 49-го auction "Russian enamel" Next Saturday's auction brought in almost 22 million rubles. With the hammer went about 53 % of the lots
- 23.03.2017 "Russian enamel": the new site was a happy one The results of the first auction "Russian enamel" in the new building on the Garden-Кудринской: sold 61% by lots and 79% for the money
- 16.03.2017 The picture of Alexander Gerasimov went for 3.7 million rubles. at auction "Russian enamel" on March 4 Just last auction of Russian and Western European art brought more than 13 million rubles With hammer away 47 % of the lots
- 10.03.2017 Revolution and international women's day: a brief summary of the auction "KABINET" on March 2 Sold out posters of the Civil war period and the first years of Soviet power. Collection of Felix Medvedev brought to 138 % of the average total estimate
- 24.03.2017 "An artist's model in the camera lens" The exhibition in the Tretyakov gallery (Lavrushinsky pereulok) will introduce with 45 portraits of the muses of Russian artists of second half XIX — beginning of the XX century
- 24.03.2017 The exhibition of Georgy Vereisky opens in the Russian Museum From 30 March to 15 may in the Mikhailovsky castle will host the first major exhibition of Soviet graphic classics by G. S. Vereisky (1886-1962). Will be presented about 150 works from the collection of timing
- 22.03.2017 Pushkin will hold an exhibition of Giorgio Morandi Exhibition of about 70 paintings and watercolors of Giorgio Morandi (1890-1964) from world famous museums and private collections opens at the art Gallery of Europe and America on April 25 and will last until mid-September
- 22.03.2017 The Faberge Museum will host a major exhibition of Salvador Dali More than 150 paintings and graphic works of Dali will be shown in the private fabergé Museum in Saint-Петербурге
- 20.03.2017 Andy Warhol in the state Darwin Museum Vavilova street In 1983, the king of pop-арта performed a series of ten serigraphs of "Endangered species" — with images of animals under threat of extinction. Among them was the Siberian tiger. Now these works were first shown in Russia
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 4. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 5. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 6. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 7. Constantin Brâncuși$37,2 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million