From the Lviv gallery of art stolen about hundreds of ancient books and manuscripts
ARTinvestment.RU 11 января 2017
As stated by the new Director of the gallery, the theft could have happened years. The value of the stolen publications, including a copy of the "Apostle" of Ivan Fedorov, on the black market reaches tens of millions of dollars
Lviv national art gallery is the largest art Museum of Ukraine, with 62 thousand exhibits. The General Director of the Museum of Taras Wozniak, who took office in 2016, at the end of October initiated a check of the funds, the results of which were stunning. According to rough estimates, the funds were missing 95 most valuable old publications and two manuscripts of the XVI–XVII centuries. The loss was discovered on 3 January. The next day, the Director of the gallery wrote an appeal to the General Directorate of National police in the Lviv region with a request to investigate the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Museum exhibits.
press-конференции held at the Museum on January 5, become aware of the following details of the case. It is only those publications that were recorded in inventory books. "This is basically a pretty rare Cyrillic printed books, which are prized on the collectors market. I know that there were two “Apostle” of Ivan Fedorov. The one I saw in the reconciliation, and the second my hands and don't hit", — quoted historian-книговеда Faith Fris portal Segodnia.
According to gallery Director Taras Voznyak, because the inventory book was not bound, then any page from it could withdraw or falsify — like what-то names was not. Yet to see if there were any disappearances from the collections of books in German, Polish and other languages.
the Former Director of the Lviv art gallery Larisa Woznicka-Разинкова, who held the position from 2012 to 2016, claims that neither she nor her father (Boris Wozniak was Director of the Museum nearly half a century; in 2013, the gallery was named after him) about the theft nothing was known. Woznicka-Разинкова demanded re-checking of funds.
Now all the staff out of work. The fact of the theft and notified to the Ministry of culture and the security Service of Ukraine. The investigation is underway.
According to the Director of the Center for monument studies, NAS of Ukraine and the Ukrainian society of protection of monuments of history and culture Elena Titova, missing publications may emerge at auction. "Yes, memo can take abroad. Especially when you consider that with the Russian Federation we have all the open border. And that means that thieves have no particular problems crossing the border. I also do not exclude the possibility of export of our cultural values in Western countries. Unfortunately, it is also possible," — quoted Titova website politeka.net.
From the editor. And again black market, worse than that only the auctions in Russia.
can Not hold on to make out a few dubious claims, the meaning of which is not the content, and the scoring of hackneyed cliches, to be witty. The first of them that the price of the stolen books on a black market tens of millions of dollars. In this sentence there are two incorrect (or rather, ridiculous) claims that in-первых, the black market is, and in-вторых, it prices certainly higher than in the white (legal) market. Then suddenly, especially if we are talking about serious money (I do not know how to Lvov colleagues, and for us here inRussia, and the $20,000 already serious money)? Serious money requires serious attitude to the transaction, where everything is important: the origin of the CC (cultural values, the books in this case), and confidence in its authenticity and safety. If the book is stolen from a Museum, then at least they will be erased or Museum stamps (completely and this cannot be done) or removed the page with them (and this is a safety and questions to the origin). And sell the book collector is almost impossible. Because, had he (or his family) for some-то reasons to sell a book in the future, at best they will face the same difficulties and expensive not to sell. And in the worst case, if the sale will find that the book is stolen, and even lose money.
Now, about the danger that the stolen books will emerge at the Moscow auctions. If this happens, something about the best outcome and to dream of our Lviv colleagues would not have. Them all-то need that to view auction catalogues and to detect missing books. Then contact the organizers and ask them to return books. All. What's the danger? We emphasize again that open auction — is the protection from fraud, not that-то more.
And the last — border. Don't know what the experience of Lviv colleagues in this field, and our suggests that Ukrainian border and in the quiet days were extremely unpleasant place for carriage of KC. What-что, and that the Ukrainian customs officers tracked very zealously. Now, in connection with certain events, I think, only became tougher. Maybe this refers to the boundary in the hot spot of Donetsk and Lugansk? I don't know... Maybe this is the place for the Lviv Museum is transparent and comfortable and I would go through such a boundary and the light did not dare to move, and even books from the Museum even more.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 15.11.2017 Russia's only canvas by Caravaggio cleared from bad edits The Hermitage painting "Young man with a lute (the lute player") returned to the St. Petersburg Museum after two years of restoration and cleaning
- 07.11.2017 Announcement. Top-лот of the Auction No. 204. Yuri Annenkov It is about the future auction, which will take place from 13 to 17 November 2017, that is another week. Why announce now? The work is rare and expensive, so I wanted to give prospective bidders more time to think.
- 07.11.2017 The Tretyakov gallery has presented work Helium Korzheva A meeting of 33 picturesque and graphic works 2 Helium Korzheva was donated to the Museum by the collector Vladimir Nekrasov
- 02.11.2017 Yves Bouvier sold his Geneva company for the storage and transportation of art The company Natural Le Coultre — one of the main tenants in the Geneva Freeport — Bouvier,-видимому, was forced to sell due to the huge legal costs in litigation with Rybolovlev
- 02.11.2017 Under the portrait of a Scottish nobleman found the unfinished portrait of Mary Stuart Scenic image of the famous Scottish Queen Mary Stuart, was executed on the orders of Elizabeth I for conspiracy, hiding under a portrait of Sir John Maitland painted by Adrian Vanson
- 21.11.2017 Auction # 20 in the "Antique book club" At the first session of play graphics, painting, posters and postcards, the second — book rarity. Pre-show open
- 17.11.2017 In the footsteps of great expeditions and discoveries... November 23 auction house "Russian enamel" will hold with "Expedition" a joint auction. The event will be held in the restaurant of the Russian North "Expedition" Singing in the alley
- 17.11.2017 Rare books, manuscripts, autographs and photographs at auction "In the Nikita" In the directory — 489 lots. The auction will be held on November 23. Auction start at 19:00
- 17.11.2017 Auction JADA Auctions, Inc. (New-Йорк, USA) Auction "Russian and Soviet art" dedicated to the art of Russian artists of XIX–XX centuries, as well as works by Western European masters connected thematically with Russia, with its history and culture
- 16.11.2017 Imperial and Soviet Russia at the November auction "Russian enamel" 33-й live auction "three centuries" timed to the 100-летию the October revolution. The catalog is divided into two parts: "pre-revolutionary" and "post-revolutionary". Auction will be held on Saturday, 25 November at 14:00 at the address: Moscow, Sadovaya-Кудринская, 25
- 21.11.2017 Soviet unofficial art in "Auction No. 1" on November 18. A brief summary The auction catalog of 142-х lots were sold almost 40% and brought a total of slightly more than 4 million rubles
- 21.11.2017 Picture of David Shterenberg in 12 times exceeded the estimate at the auction "Russian enamel" 3.2 million rubles were paid for the "portrait" painted by David Shterenberg (1881-1948) at the start from 250 thousand. A total auction of paintings, graphics and decorative-прикладного art in "Russian enamel" November 16, brought more than 8 million rubles
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive artists in the world. Top auction results The rating of the most expensive artists in the world headed by Leonardo Da Vinci, and ends with Paul Cezanne. The difference in price between the first and last positions of the ranking of the top-19 — 389,8 million dollars
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive sculptures in the world. Rating Argued that the sculpture is always cheaper than the picture... It is not. Three-dimensional works are also able to bring are just mind-blowing amount!
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive paintings of Russian artists Rating auction results of works of Russian art
- 16.11.2017 In the Tretyakov gallery opens exhibition of Saryan A large exhibition in Lavrushinsky lane will present 29 beautiful works of Martiros Sergeyevich Saryan (1880-1972) from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery, the National gallery of Armenia and at Home-музея of Martiros Saryan in Yerevan
- 14.11.2017 "Quitprogram" gallery "vellum" In the framework of the "Quitprogram" will be held an exhibition "Symbolism and non-conformism", a concert of Alexei Paperny, the lecture of Valery Dudakov
- 14.11.2017 The exhibition El Lissitzky opens in two museums Today, 14 November the opening of the exhibitions of El Lissitzky in the State Tretyakov gallery on the Crimean Shaft and in the Jewish Museum and tolerance center
- 09.11.2017 Sean Scully in the Multimedia Art Museum In Moscow, the Museum of the artist, is a retrospective of the international stars of contemporary art Sean Scully. The exhibition show of abstraction, created in 1960-х years
- 02.11.2017 The exhibition of Oskar Rabin in the theatre "Peter Fomenko's Workshop" Ahead of the 90-летнего anniversary main "those" (to be celebrated January 2, 2018) in the Winter garden of the new stage of the Moscow theater "Pyotr Fomenko Workshop" an exhibition of paintings and drawings by outstanding artist-нонконформиста
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 5. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 6. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 7. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 8. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 9. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 10. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 11. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 12. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 13. Claude Monet$81,45 million
- 14. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 15. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 16. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 17. Willem de Kooning$66,3 million
- 18. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million