Person of the week: Tatiana Yang
ARTinvestment.RU 27 мая 2020
Painting — is not just an occupation, it is a philosophy and way of life (Tatiana Yang)
Tatiana Yang has a special place in contemporary art. There are a lot of artists that shocking, declare, create performances, art-объекты, and she writes still lifes, landscapes, lovingly and carefully looks at the nature, the beauty of the world and is in the art of their own way. Any conceptual ideas, schematic, formal experiments are alien to her world view, she captures in paint real images that reflect my belief system, able to see the essence of things. She works a lot and fruitfully, engaged in painting, dabbled in printed graphics and photographs, book design, design plays, monumental painting.
she was born in Jan 1965. In 1987-м graduated from the Moscow printing Institute (the workshop of the famous graphics D. Bisti); in 1993-м joined the Union of artists of Russia.
her First work was made in the technique of etching and lithography, and in 1992-м the artist has been actively engaged in easel painting. Her work — free improvisation, she writes fragments of ancient ruins, stones, flowers, plants, fruits, which solves plastic problems. Her paintings always harmonized tone, the matte painting that resembles a mural, beautifully taken color. It works, in broad strokes, to enlarge the shape, bringing the image to the viewer, filling it with creative energy. Generalizing plastic shape, it does not bring their image to symbol or sign, items retain vitality, authenticity, embedded in the movable light-цветовые the border of the shape.
the Famous art historian, curator, V. Patsukov, exploring the work of Tatyana Yang said: "This painting combines the austerity of early Byzantine icons, his energy disciplines in Russian religious symbolism and naturally flows in excess of the form of the Venetian school of Renaissance".
Tatiana Yan travels a lot. "For me every time — is a new return to yourself the discovery of a new inner space, to relate himself with the world history and culture". She traveled to Asia, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and other countries. From travels artist each time brings decorative fabrics, carpets, details of which organically builds into his works.
In 2003-2006 was born the series of paintings "the Way to Cappadocia", awarded the silver medal of the Russian Academy of arts (2006). "Cappadocia for me — is a beauty that sight cannot accommodate. A breakthrough in a different space, where it begins what to the human eye almost unbearable" (seasons-project.ru).
the Cycle of works "Fragments of time" (1997-1998) includes a triptych based on the works of Pierodella Francesca, the initiation of Giotto, the evangelists John, Luke, Mark, Matthew, song, "Jesus in the house of Martha and Mary", "Trinity", etc. These cycles are full of references to historical values, to the classics, and they have the power of the author's intellectual thought.
First arriving in Rome, the artist fell in love with him once and for all "He really blows the head off the shoulders and spreading your wings, whose existence you never suspected. It is absolutely incredible, because almost inexplicable — joy breathe as soon as going back what-то high density and strength, as a child, happiness. Rome takes you to the coordinate system of a completely different magnitude and eternity in this town is not a figure of speech, but literally — and its walls and Foundation" (moscow.arttube.ru). These impressions were embodied in numerous works, and Tatiana, Ian continues to work.
Often in his compositions, whether it's flowers or fruit, she portrays objects in unity with the culture with fragments of classical architecture with the details of historical monuments. Therefore, arises the idea of connection of times, the time itself, which is present, past, and present. Speaking about the artist's interest in objects of culture, I want to highlight her special love for antiquity, which it considers the standard of eternal values. "For me personally, the antiquity and Revival of significant and relevant as much if not more than modern reality. These are my roots, this is the material upon which I build my statement from author quotes to the semantics of the operations. But it's not a retelling and not a copy of classic designs. It's a constant internal conversation, the dialogue of cultures".
for Many years Tatyana Yang enthusiastically writes still lifes. She has a cycle of "Flowers, fruits, gifts" (1999-2000), which is in all its glory and vital force brought juicy grapes and wine, ripe pomegranates, lemons, figs, flowers, birds. "I love flowers, but the aesthetic admiration of my feelings at one of the last places. The flowers can learn all wisdom." At every meeting with flowers Tatiana Yang feels reverent admiration which-то almost "mystical shock", she almost deifies as "the love of God to man, created for him such beauty every day".
In 2001, Tatyana Yang designed the play Lyubimov "Socrat / the Oracle" as a set designer and costume designer. This experience she found very meaningful for themselves.It was, in her words, "a deep encounter with antiquity", the more that are fortunate enough to work in Greece, Delphi and Athens. This was another interesting experience with Tatiana Grindenko and her ensemble "OPUS POSTH" in 2003. She has created 12 paintings for the musical performance, which was the music of Joseph Haydn "the Seven last words of Saviour on the Cross."
is a multifaceted creative practice Tatyana Yang is present and making of the books she chooses according to your taste. For example, a book "De vita sua" SVT. Gregory the theologian (2011); book "In the rooms of gardens" by Philip jacotte and the "Garden of the universe" by Olga Sedakova (2014); "Song of songs and the Book of Ruth" in L. Griliches (not published).
Tatiana Yang participated in painting the Church of "Small Ascension" on the Big Nikitsky street in Moscow.
Works are in the Museum of modern art (Moscow) and in private collections in Russia, England, USA, Switzerland, Italy, Germany, Holland, France, Taiwan, etc.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 10.07.2020 Supreme court of Monaco has closed the case against Rybolovlev Bouvier This verdict confirmed the previous decision of the court of the country, to recognize violations and the imbalance of power between the parties during the investigation
- 10.07.2020 The July auctions of contemporary art and design Phillips in Hong Kong have brought $35 million This is the sum total of the evening and day auctions held on 9 July. This is the best result in the history of the auction house Phillips in Hong Kong
- 09.07.2020 This year's first evening auction at Sotheby's in Hong Kong has raised more than $107 million In Hong Kong dollars, the end of the first evening sale of contemporary Asian art looks even more impressive: 826 million HKD
- 09.07.2020 Jeff Koons, Gagosian Gallery and art-институции the United States received millions of dollars from the state Assistance was obtained in the framework of PPP (Paycheck Protection Program), designed to ensure that the organization was able to maintain its staff
- 08.07.2020 The Rodin Museum in Paris sell bronze sculpture to cover the losses Sales of limited edition castings of the works of Rodin, the Museum plans to earn not less than €3 million a year
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 10.07.2020 Literature: Jean-Noel Kapferer, Vincent Bastien. The Luxury Strategy The publication, according to the methodology which built their career KAWS and Kanye West
- 03.07.2020 Literature: Gigi Rosenberg. The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing Book for artists, the most often disappearing from the shelf chef-редактора ARTinvestment.RU
- 02.07.2020 Movies: "Exit through the gift shop" The pseudo-documentary film that made street-арт of marginal flow part of the global contemporary art market
- 01.07.2020 The person of the week: Dasha Delone Delaunay to a greater extent than anyone-либо from contemporary artists, can be described as expressive personality. Her work, her life — is the obvious ability to Express themselves clearly
- 01.07.2020 XXII open auction "twenty-first century. Contemporary Russian art" In: Azam Atakhanov, Andrey Bisti, Dasha Delaunay, Natalia Zhernovskaya, Igor Kislitsyn Olga Pushkareva, Kate-Анна Taguchi, Natalia Turnova, Yury Shabelnikov and Yuri Horovsky, Tatiana Yang
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
- 24.04.2020 Tretyakov gallery: exhibition of Andy Warhol will take place! A large-scale exhibition", Andy Warhol" was supposed to open today, and promised to become one of the Museum's hits of the year
- 14.04.2020 The Museum has extended the jubilee and went online Large-scale exhibition project, opened in December 2019, will run for 4 months longer — to mid-September 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million