Person of the week: Simon Agroskin
ARTinvestment.RU 28 апреля 2020
Critics called Agroskin "the artist, who has a reputation of the actual author, and nevertheless remains a realist," poised between avant-garde and tradition, preferring the path of evolution, not revolution in art
semen Agroskin — famous artist with his deeply personal vision of the world, with its concept not only the creative and aesthetic, but philosophical.
Born in Moscow in 1961, received his professional art education at the Moscow architectural Institute (MARCHI), from which he graduated in 1984. Since 1987, taking an active part in art exhibitions. First solo exhibition was held in 1991 in the Guelman gallery (Moscow).
His work is original and does not fit into any of the main currents of contemporary art. Agroskin — multifaceted artist working in different genres of art — portrait, landscape, still life. Works often combines cycles: "living emptiness", "Wall", "Home theater", "Other", "Hazy view", "Calendar", etc. the plot tells him life itself. Here's how the author writes about a series of "living emptiness": "Left alone in the apartment, where previously lived a large family, I felt the presence of departed people, their warmth, signs of life. From these feelings came the series of works “Home theater”. Actors of the theater “stepped out”, but their invisible presence is the story of my work. The empty space of the apartment, wardrobes, tables, chairs and doors replace residents, play their role, expanding private family history. In these, seemingly random scenes, there is something familiar to everyone, already lived when-то. I keep coming back to these spaces, adding new stories, build scenes and scenery of my personal theatre." the Artist important personal memories and experiences, the depth of Association and feelings.
In most of the works lacks a developed plot, they are characterized by avarice details, the rigor of their selection, the restraint of the palette, the movement of lines, volumes in space.
the Artist is very selective approach to colour, avoid bright colours and dissonances, prefers monochrome palette, a complex combination of tones — from silver-серых to yellowish-коричневых. The General tone of color has a certain emotional tone.
Often Agroskin still lifes are built from simple things, items that make up the habitat. This is the frame, subframes, pots, books, linens, Slippers, etc. the Artist is able to find a special significance in the small, and it is a difficult task — in a familiar, ordinary, everyday to see a new quality, to grasp the nature of simple things.
there is no doubt that Agroskin passionate about and plastic tasks. The originality of the image is born of the originality picturesquely-пластического solutions. A characteristic feature of the artist's work is a combination of simplicity of design and complexitythe scenic range. Architectural education has undoubtedly affected the artist, he builds the composition so that each subject is given its place, and the simpler and clearer the design, the richer and more complex pictorial surface.
In the cycle of "Poor visibility" effect vague perception mystifies reality, makes the extraordinary ordinary objects, gives mystique to the landscape turns into a dream. "Through the thin parchment of fog seep only the echoes of real passion, no more... Bridges, hangars, flyovers, embankments have become mere decoration, hanging unsteadily in the dairy-белой suspension".
the theme of the work Seeds Agroskin wide, the artist is interested in not only the life of modern man, but also the symbols of the Soviet time. The cycle of works "the Wall" devoted to the images of Soviet monumental propaganda: "we left the Grand reservoir, which glorify and turns of the revolutionary leaders into idols. These mass-produced, often terrible sculpture retains the spirit of the time".
Simon Agroskin lives and works in Jerusalem, Moscow and Paris, is the participant of numerous exhibitions of Russian artists abroad, including Japan, Germany, Belgium, France and other countries.
the artist's Works are in the collections of the Union of artists of Russia, Ministry of culture of Russia, the Museum of modern art in Moscow, the Tretyakov gallery, the Museum of modern art in Oklahoma (USA), the Museum of modern art "MARCH" (Italy), in private and corporate collections in Russia, France, Germany, Italy, UK, Israel, USA and so on.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million