The third Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art. AES F
ARTinvestment.RU 13 августа 2009
ARTinvestment.RU presents the story of Russian artists - participants of the Third Biennale of Contemporary Art
September 25 in Moscow called The Third International Biennale of Contemporary Art. ARTinvestment.RU presents a series of stories on domestic and foreign artists, whose works can be seen at this exhibition.
Let's start with our fellow citizens, groups AES S . This artistic association has existed for quite a long time - since 1987. However, the letter «S» appeared in the title only in 1995, when Tatyana Arzamasova, Leo Evzovich and Vladimir Vladimir joined Sviatskoye Fridkes. «Backgrounds» artists from completely different: Arzamasova and Evzovich doing conceptual architecture; Svyatskiy worked in the field of graphic design, as well Fridkes famous as the fashion photographer - his work can be seen in the pages of leading magazines Vogue, ELLE, Harper's Bazaar, etc.
AEC S became known through a series of «Islamic project», devoted to the confrontation of Western and Eastern civilizations. Artists have tried to imagine what would happen to the cities of Europe and America in the case of Islamic conquest: their photos directly from a well-known buildings such as the Opera House in Sydney and the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, grow giant mosque, the area in front of the Pompidou Center of Paris turned into a bazaar , on Red Square with assault rifles roamed the Mujahideen, and the Statue of Liberty wearing a veil and changed the Constitution on the Koran. Series appeared in 1996, but the greatest impact was immediately after the events of September 11, 2001, when the previously considered ironic computer collages were perceived as a grim prophecy.
troubled relations of East and West is dedicated to another famous work by AES S - video installation called «yellow trains, eats white», «prime» which took place in 1998. On one screen, an Asian chef prepares incredible dishes, in another European gentleman to absorb. In this work, the artists clearly hint at the balance of power in the modern world. Even if the West and East decide to love each other, is, according to «aesovtsev», good end can not. In this paper, Who wants to live forever (1998), the bloody outcome of the novel symbolizes the Diana Princess of Wales, crashed in a car crash along with his Arab lover Dodi al-Fayed. Who wants to live forever - this video, where, under the same name of the song of Queen «Princess» coquettishly showing wounds received in a terrible accident.
Heroes of the many works of AES S are children. In 1997, the artists have presented a series «suspects» - seven photographs of girls who have committed particularly serious crimes and sentenced to imprisonment, and seven photographs of Moscow ordinary schoolgirls. All the pictures are mixed: the viewer is invited himself to guess who the perpetrator and who is not. Most is not possible.
AEC S pay attention to the fact that the violence - an integral part of the world today's children. However, in most cases, this violence is not present, as seen through the «gloss» prism of a Hollywood film, fashion, advertising and computer games. Popular «shooter» Action Half Life gave its name to a series of photographs (2003-2005), where the beautiful androgynous kids models posing with blasters on the background of biblical landscapes. In the eyes of these angelic creatures have nothing but indifference - as the main hero series «Rich Boy» (2001), cold handsome age 12, not age jaded entertainment. Each of the characters Action Half Life - «Survivor», seemed not to notice the presence of others: to achieve this effect, all the children were filmed in the studio separately. Landscapes were shot in the Sinai desert (not far from the places where George Lucas filmed his «Star Wars»), and a variety of futuristic weapons and facilities were built in 3D-graphics. In the series also includes graphic works created after photos, as well as bronze sculptures.
Another big project AES S - «Erlkönig» (2001-2004). Name gave him famous novel by French writer Michel Tournier (Michel Tournier). According to the old Germanic legend, the king of the forest - an evil spirit, kidnap and kill children. We tour as king of the forest stands a strange man, who's selection of teams for the boys of the Hitler Youth - «cannon fodder», grinds the ruthless machine of totalitarianism. The draft AEC F for totalitarianism responsible media. Boys and girls in white T-shirts, shot in the gilded interior of the Catherine Palace in Times Square in New York and at the mosque of Mohammed Ali in Cairo - not ordinary children, and the «future stars» sports, ballet, and modeling. Their task was to behave naturally, but, according to Fridkesa, «they can not keep still and pose, knowing how to present himself as a profitable way».
In 2006, saw the light, probably the most famous series of AES S - «Last Riot». As Action Half Life, it is devoted to «voynushke», but instead the children are arms waving teenagers. Another difference - in Action Half Life characters just getting ready for battle, and in «Revolt» already at war with might and main. Anemic individuals, however, all the same. And the blood is nowhere in sight - «voynushka» purely virtual. To perceive this work may be different: some will see as «Last Riot» allusion to the fact that today's children, well-fed blockbusters and computer games, perceive the war as just another game, others noted that the creation of an AEC F - the metaphor of «war of all against all », which are beautiful and ambitious young people who want to whatever was to declare itself: all« role »execute this model, hardened by countless auditions. One can not overlook the «formal» side of the project: posture patterns inspired by Caravaggio's paintings and sculpture by Lorenzo Bernini.
«Last Riot» - this is a series of photographs and sculptural ensemble, and video installation (the music of Wagner!) In 2007, the latter was shown in the main international exhibition of contemporary art - the Venice Biennale. With «Last Riot» AEC F were among the nominees for the first prize of Kandinsky.
The Venice Biennale - 2009 and has not been without our heroes: in the Arsenal Novissimo exhibited their new video «Feast of Trimalchio». Work is the main exhibit of the exhibition «Unconditional Love» (Unconditional Love). «Feast of Trimalchio» plot moves from «Satyricon», dedicated to orgies in the house of the Roman rich man today. Orgy takes place in a luxury hotel: first Asian maid give pleasure white guests, and then they switch roles. Of course, no pornography viewers should not wait: as always with AEC F, there reigns a cold glamor.
Creation AES S appeared at the major auction Sotheby's, Christie's, Bonhams, Phillips de Pury. The most expensive work of art is the sculpture «Warrior № 4» (a series of Action Half Life), sold 12 March 2008 at Sotheby's for 120,5 thousand pounds sterling (estimate 100-150 thousand). Second place - digital print on canvas «Action Half Life, Episode 2, № 12», which brought 42.5 thousand pounds at the same auction. The experts evaluated the work of 35-40 thousand. Ranked third with «Last Riot 2. Tondo № 19 ». This picture was sold May 16, 2009 at Phillips de Pury over 10 thousand pounds (estimate 8.12 thousand).
In Moscow AEC F represents gallery «Triumph». The works of artists will be exhibited in the main project of the Moscow Biennale (Center of Contemporary Culture «Garage», September 25 - October 25).
Material prepared Yulia Maximova, AI
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 20.09.2017 Dedicated to Banksy new graffiti Jean-Мишелю Basquiat Two new works by the mysterious street artist appeared in London near the Barbican Centre, where on Thursday opened the exhibition Basquiat
- 19.09.2017 BRAFA 2018 unveils the list of exhibitors The first international art fair of the year, the next edition of BRAFA will take place between 27 January and 4 February 2018 at Tour & Taxis (Brussels), and will bring together 132 galleries and art dealers from some 15 countries
- 18.09.2017 Mark Grotjan did not recognize his picture from the auction Phillips Auction house Phillips withdrew the forthcoming auction of contemporary art the picture seems to be grotyana after himself mark Grotjahn in your Instagram refused to recognize her as his
- 14.09.2017 Swiss photographer gave the photo contest other people's images for their The issue of plagiarism and appropriational art. Knowing that the work was borrowed from the Thai photographer and minimally modified jury immediately stripped of the Swiss award
- 12.09.2017 Video "C. P. H." could be quite different. But the Cord did not wait for Khvostov New video of the group "Leningrad", which attracted more than 11 million views on YouTube, was originally conceived as "hallucinogenia" animation. Gouache for the animators drew the artist Tails. The work lasted for six months, when the Cords abruptly changed plans
- 22.09.2017 20,000 postcards from a private collection and the most vital of the fine arts in the "Empire" September 27 will be an auction of "Postcards, photographs and books from a private collection", and on September 30 will be "an Auction of printed graphics of the XVIII–XX centuries."
- 21.09.2017 100-й auction "House of antique books in Nikitsky": rare editions and unusual format 28 September 2017 house "In Nikitsky" will hold a jubilee auction. The auction will be exhibited rare books, autographs and photographs
- 20.09.2017 16-й auction "Antiquarian book club" Auction catalog September 29, has made drawings, paintings, posters, rare books, autographs, photographs
- 19.09.2017 Monthly auction of Russian and Western European art in the house "Russian enamel" on September 23 In the directory — of paintings and drawings, antique silver, ceramics, jewelry, art glass, icons, furniture, photographs and other collectibles
- 18.09.2017 Open 196-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eight paintings, six original leaves and four — graphics and two works made in mixed media
- 22.09.2017 St. Petersburg collection "literary Fund". Auction September 14 Twice for 54 % — that money on lots. Traded mainly through the Internet — surely, the Petrograd?
- 01.09.2017 The August auctions "Cabinet". A brief summary Auction 17 August resulted in almost 1.5 million rubles (46 % of the mean estimate) and revenue rare book auction on August 24 reached 7.5 mln (59 % of the average aggregate scores of all lots)
- 17.08.2017 How to start a new collector? Idea first — sixties Buying art in a crisis is beneficial. Such an affordable price was not, perhaps, Oh, 15 years. Many people ask: how to approach the topic? Which artists should more pay attention to the auctions? What to buy to not be disappointed? Below — one of the opinions
- 14.08.2017 Artist of the week. Boris Gurvich from enterprises Filonov For the first time in the Auction AI Boris Isaakovich Gurvich. The artist was part of the first group of "Masters of analytical art" Pavel Filonov, which existed until the split of the Association in 1930. The work of Gurvich has never been offered at auction in our country
- 10.08.2017 Auction "Russian enamel" on August 3. A brief summary Catalogue of paintings, drawings and objects of decorative-прикладного art sold out to third. Total revenue amounted to almost 4 million rubles
- 14.09.2017 Icons of the Silver age will show at the Antique Salon in CHA The curator of the special exhibition "Russian icon of the silver age" at the upcoming 43-м the Cabin was Natalia Komashko, the author of the catalogue of icons of the exhibition "Art treasures of Russia", scientific Secretary of the Museum of ancient Russian culture and art named after Andrei Rublev
- 13.09.2017 The revolutionary poster exhibition opens in the Russian Museum The exhibition "Poster of the era of the revolution", dedicated to 100-летию the October revolution, represents about 100 posters by artists such as Vladimir Lebedev, D. Moore, V. Mayakovsky, V. Denis, and others.
- 08.09.2017 "Moscow through the ages" in the Tretyakov gallery To the city Day, the Tretyakov gallery prepared the exhibition of works of Moscow – from icon painting of the XVII century to the paintings of the XIX – XXI centuries About 100 exhibits from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery and private collections
- 06.09.2017 Georgy Nissky and Ilya Katz from the collection of Lubov Agafonova in RAK Russian Academy of arts the gallery "vellum" opens the exhibition "Two captains" @80 - the paintings and graphic works of two authors from the collection "Vellum" and the personal collection of Creator gallery Lubov Agafonova
- 05.09.2017 Space in the works of contemporary artists will be shown in Murmansk region The time selected for the exhibition is symbolic. 17 September 2017 marks the 160th anniversary of the birth of Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. October 4, 1957 launch date of Sputnik. Plus, in these days host the exhibition of the city of Monchegorsk is 80
Login for subscribers
- 1. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 2. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 3. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 4. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 5. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 6. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 7. Peter Doig$25,9 million
- 8. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 9. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 10. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 11. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 12. Mark Grotjahn$16,8 million
- 13. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 14. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 15. Frank Stella$13,69 million
- 16. John Currin$12 million
- 17. David Hockney$11,7 million
- 18. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 19. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 20. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million