Vasily Polenov. Biography, art, auction prices
ARTinvestment.RU 18 октября 2019
At the opening of the New Tretyakov gallery the long-awaited exhibition "Vasily Polenov" the AI repeats the story from the category "artist of the week", posted 27 June 2019
@now; @now; @now;@now; View this post in [email protected]; @now; @now; @now;@now; @now;@now; @now; @now;
Examples of sales to the article about the auction market of works of Vasily Polenov on ARTinvestment.RU. Repeat posting from 27.06.2019 at the request of readers PHOTO 1 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich River Oyat. 1883 Canvas; butter. 46×92 sale Price: $887 660 a Sotheby's Auction 04.06.2019 PHOTO 2 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich Who is without sin among you? 1908 Canvas; butter. 118×239 sale Price: $6 397 000 Bonhams Auction, 30.11.2011 Part of a series of paintings "Жизнь of Christ", completed by the artist in late 1890-1900-х. Acquired by Charles crane at the Russian art exhibition in new-Йорке, April 1924. Presented above North American Institution, 1 August 1924. PHOTO 3 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich Guilty of death. 1906 Canvas; butter. 113×220 auction: 600 000 - 800 000 GBP (942 240 @1 ndash 256 320 USD) sale Price: $4 462 000 Bonhams Auction, 30.11.2011 PHOTO 4 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich First snow. 1892 Canvas; butter. 71×142 sale Price: $1 480 415 Sotheby's Auction 26.11.2007 PHOTO 5 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich Samaritan Canvas; butter. 92×136 sale Price: $1 287 850 Sotheby's Auction 19.05.2005 PHOTO 6 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich Walking on a forest road. 1883 Canvas; butter. Of 114.5×67,3 sale Price: $725 586 Auction Koller Auctions, 27.03.2009 PHOTO 7 Polenov Vasily Dmitrievich Residence of tsarevitch Alexander Aleksandrovicha in Brestova under the protection of the Cossacks during the Russo-турецкой war in the Balkans. 1877 Canvas on Board; butter. 24×31,5 sale Price: $286 000 Auction Stockholms Auktionsverk, 15.03.2007 PHOTO 8 Vasiliy Polenov raising of Jairus ' daughter. 1871. Oil on canvas. 173 x 280. Russian Museum. Source: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Файл:Поленов_-_Воскрешение_дочери_Иаира_(1871).jpg PHOTO 9 Ilya Repin raising of Jairus ' daughter. 1871 oil on Canvas. 229 x 382. The state Russian Museum. Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ilja_Jefimowitsch_Repin_013.jpg #logs #Tretyakov gallery #exhibition #vasilopoulou #polerowany #auction #painting #art #investitionskosten #ARTinvestment
a detached observer might get the impression that known to each Soviet schoolboy artist whose masterpieces hang in the Tretyakov gallery and the Russian Museum, is no longer available. All the museums and funds, and buy what-то worthwhile in your collection now is impossible. As, for example, you can't buy Vrubel painting or Malevich. Fortunately, Polenov absolutely not true. His work can be enjoyed not only in the Museum halls. On the contrary – take da buy. In the antiquarian market of Russia, more than in galleries and at art-салонах, strong sold a lot of finished works in the range of $250 000 – 300 000 for landscapes less than one meter. Not to mention about foreign auctions. Expensive, but, more importantly, offer at least in principle. If I had money. Albeit considerable.
His reversal of fortune would be enough for ten lives. A nobleman, a volunteer in the Russo-турецкой war, awarded the medal "For bravery" and the order of the Serbian Takovski cross. Gold medalist of the Imperial Academy of arts, received his award in competition with Ilya Repin. Lecturer Levitan and Korovin. Dear artist, emerged from the Imperial Academyof arts in protest against the events of Bloody Sunday. The author of the Opera. The Creator of poignant humanistic biblical cycle, the main work of which wanted to ban civil censor but allowed Church. The most important of his painting was personally renamed Russian Tsar against the will of the author. His best works miraculously did not die on the ill-fated "Titanic". And then all-таки came to America, where their traces were lost for 80 years. In General, just think: still a favorite of Tsar Alexander III became in the end one of the first people's artists of the RSFSR, Yes, with protection to your Museum from the Lunacharsky.
the First thing that comes to mind at the mention of Polenova's "Moscow courtyard" Yes "Babushkin sad" - as taught in school. Exemplary Russian lyrical realism. In Soviet times, we did not consider it necessary to tell you that the main work of the life of itinerant Polenova was not soulful Russian landscapes and genre scenes, and a gospel series "Life of Christ" (or "the life of Christ"). He wrote this series for nearly 50 years, has created more than 60 paintings. Polenov personally several times walked all the known sources the way of Jesus. The job demanded hard work and high voltage spiritual strength. In addition, you need to consider that 120 years ago the journey through the Middle East was not just exhausting, but also dangerous. On pilgrims and then attacked the Bedouins. So in addition to pencils and albums Polenov, as they say, kept in its Arsenal an impressive Mace.
the Grandson of the master, now deceased Fedor Polenov, the Director of the estate "Polenovo", said that the paintings from the "life of Christ" was exposed time and again as if mystical danger. The show's first and main cycle of paintings – "Christ and the sinner" - tried to ban Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich President of the Imperial Academy of arts. The younger brother of Alexander III hammered himself in the head, for the people that this picture will be harmful. But still, to decide its ultimate fate was then entrusted to three censors, the military, civil and spiritual. Military called for the screening. Civil, unlike the military, doing the will of the Prince and spoke out against the show. But the outcome of the case decided by Church censor gave permission. After XV a traveling exhibition of 1887 the painting "Christ and the sinner" wanted to buy Pavel Tretyakov, negotiated. But in the end it was given to Alexander III, who bought the painting for the Winter Palace. But instead of the original title, "which one of you is without sin?" why-то ordered to hang on the frame plate "the Prodigal wife". The artist unsuccessfully tried to convince him that the title is wrong, he put that idea of sin as a misfortune, not a prodigal and a sinner. But the Emperor remained unconvinced. And four years later renamed the picture could and do die. It, among other works, being prepared for shipment to an exhibition in America in 1912. But loading the deadline is not missed, and the ship left without them. The ship that was unsinkable "Titanic" sailed in the first and last flight. They say that after that, the logs began to fear what-то like that, and didn't want to give up their work at overseas exhibitions. But this fate they suffered. 12 years after "Titanic" 13 paintings from the "life of Christ" selected by Grabar, all-таки was sent to America and 11 fromthem sold. Logs the rest of your life trying to figure out their fate, but died in ignorance. Only in 2010-х old story cleared up, some paintings have been found and sold to new collectors at the Bonhams auction. Two of them – a two-meter, "which one of you is without sin?" and "Guilty of death" - set a historical record price for the artist. In 2011-м they were sold respectively for $6 397 000 and $4 462 000.
of Course, to seven digit figures in dollars don't need to look as a reference point. It is still exceptional cases – payment for the rarest things, if not at the peak of prices, but the background is still a good market situation. From the records of the last time you make a sale on the "Setbase" metre landscape "the River Oyat" for nearly $888 000 in terms of pounds. Very strong quality a thing that can serve as an objective indicator of a cooling market in 10 years. Indeed, in 2008, at the same Sotheby's bought it much more expensive for $1 385 000.
But back to Moscow. Today benchmarks to finished scenery (not sketchy) - size 60-70 cm $200 000 – 300 000. In the auction market they are not found, and in the galleries there. Usually they like popular things, reserved for the most prestigious fairs and antique shops – it is convenient to compare, watch, and inquire the price. Still there are a number of etudes, sketches, works the size of a postcard and a little more. For them can request $3 000 – 5 000 meet things quite nice. But you have to understand that this work is not investment grade. In General, any sketches, sketches, sketches, "sketches" today are particularly illiquid - sell them if anything will be hard. On the market and found the graphics Polenov, landscape watercolours, sometimes very good. Asking for them in the neighborhood of $3000-4000.
One of the first paintings Polenova on the gospel story was created almost 40 years before the "life of Christ". It was also a beautiful story. In 1871 (Polenov was 27 years old) graduates of the Imperial Academy of arts gave the competition the same exam topic – the resurrection of Jairus's daughter, the story of one of the miracles of Christ. Among the participants also were Polenov and Repin young, the same age as him. At stake was a gold medal. And the condition was not to see how the subject solve colleagues in the exam. In the complex rivalry of the graduates gave themselves to the work without the rest. As a result, in the Russian Museum are now just two masterpiece on a single story – one Repin, another Polenov. The Commission decided to give gold medals to both. Later Polenov and Repin were friends for many years, traveled together in a creative trip to Europe, where Polenov, in the end, and matured the plan of a great Evangelical of the cycle.
Like as a reward for completing an important mission, the Lord granted Polenov long life. The artist died in 1927 at age 83 at his estate in the Tula region (Borok, now Polenovo), which immediately after the revolution, Lunacharskii issued them a safe conduct. Polenov died, never knowing that the security certificates are not eternal. His children in 1937 repress and sent to camp (fortunately, come back alive and will be rehabilitated) that the estate settled punching the Tula builders of communism and only by a miracle, after Stalin's death, in this case, will be able to restore order and to resume the work of the Museum.
Such is the story of great talent and greatworker.
the Exhibition "Vasily Polenov" will be held in the New Tretyakov gallery on the Crimean Shaft, 10 from 17 October 2019 to 16 February 2020.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 26.01.2021 Выставка искусства вместо пустующих витрин На Лонг-Айленде собственникам зданий, в которых есть закрывшиеся магазины, предложили демонстрировать в витринах работы местных художников. В случае отказа владельцев ждёт штраф
- 26.01.2021 Решается судьба коллекции главы Samsung Работы Ротко, Бэкона и Джакометти из коллекции недавно скончавшегося председателя концерна Samsung Ли Гон Хи, вероятно, будут проданы наследниками для выплаты многомиллиардных налогов на наследство
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 10.08.2020 Artist of the week: Leonid Purygin History, pricing and marketing indicators of the modernist and one of the brightest representatives of Russian art-брют Leonid Purygina
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 06.08.2020 Cross-trades in the summer of 2020. ArtTactic Report Analysis of auction sales of a new format with the participation of the old masters
- 04.08.2020 Opened 27-й auction "twenty-first century. Contemporary Russian art" The catalogue contains artworks of Seeds Agroskin, Alexei Vaulin, Dima Goryachkin, Dasha Delone, Anna Laurel, Denis Mikhailov, Andrei Munz, Arman Sirunian, Kathy-Анны Taguchi and Tatiana Yang
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million