Portrait of Madame Pavlova 1 506 056 USD
Продано в 2007 году
Portrait de Daria Kamenka 1 189 395 USD
Продано в 2009 году
A Finnish village. Roofs 1 127 813 USD
Продано в 2009 году
Village scene, Finland 1 021 367 USD
Продано в 2007 году
Winter landscape 949 506 USD
Продано в 2008 году
TRIPLE PORTRAIT: ALEXANDER YAKOVLEV, VASSILY AND VERA SHUKHA.. 616 854 USD
Продано в 2004 году
Шухаев, Василий Иванович
Articles about the artist:
painter, graphic artist, set designer.
Shukhaiev came from a peasant family. Early left an orphan, but thanks to a small inheritance from his grandfather in 1897 enrolled in the class of coinage of the Stroganov School. He studied at the II Nivinsky, S.-W. Noakovskogo, Korovin. Graduated in 1906 with the rank of scientist draftsman. In the summer of that year arrived in St. Petersburg. After private lessons in the studios of SM Dudin, NN Gerardova, VI Bystrenina, AD Skalon entered the Academy of Arts. He studied at the DN Kardovsky, VE Savinskoye, GR Zaleman, JF Tsionglinskogo. He made friends with AE Yakovlev. Creative writing, the temperament of both artists were so close that their work sometimes indistinguishable. In 1911-1912 wrote a painting competition for the title of the artist "Bacchanalia", for which he received from the Society for the Promotion of young artists in Rome entitled to two-year pensionerstvo in Italy. In 1913-1914, together with Yakovlev (retired St. Petersburg Academy of Arts) traveled to the cities of Italy.
Following the announcement of the First World War, he returned to Petrograd. Played a lot of portrait sanguine sketchbook for a large group portrait of officers of the Life Guards Lancers ( "Polk at positions"). In 1915 he exhibited his works at the exhibition of the New Society of Artists. Since 1917 - member of the association "World of Art". I turned to the monumental painting. However, Yakovlev completed ceiling "Nine Muses" in Moscow mansion Firsanovyh; on the proposal Shchusev worked on paintings of the Orthodox Church of Nicholas of Myra in Bari, as well as a waiting hall of the Kazan station in Moscow (not implemented).
Since the autumn of 1915 he taught at New art studio, in 1916 - to architectural courses Bagaeva in Petrograd. In 1918 he taught at the Petrograd State of free art workshops. He created costumes and scenery for the opera by Richard Wagner "Das Rheingold" for the People's Palace in Petrograd, and K. Miklashevksy comedy "Four lady" for the Maly Drama Theater in St. Petersburg (staging not performed). Participated in a festive decoration of Petrograd to the first anniversary in October.
In 1920-1921, visited Finland and France. In 1922, together with Yakovlev exhibited his works in the gallery "Barbazanzh" in Paris. Work Shuhaeva also exhibited in Rome (1924), Pittsburgh (1925-1927), Dresden, Munich (1926), New York (1926, 1928) and Moscow in the Russian section of the exhibition of contemporary French art.
Since 1922 he lived permanently in Western Europe, mainly in Paris. In 1924 participated in the exhibition of Russian art in New York. In 1924-1925 He has designed several theater productions, cabaret NF Baliyeva "Die Fledermaus": "Country Picnic in the deep Russian provinces," "Village Festival", "Arrival in Bethlehem", "Stepan Razin" and other . Largely thanks to costumes and decoration, executed from sketches Shuhaeva, "Die Fledermaus" had great success in Paris, London and New York. He taught at the Russian Academy TL Sukhotin-Tolstoy, in his studio in Montparnasse.
In 1920 Shukhaiev worked as a portraitist, painter, book illustrator, muralist. Painted the interior of the "Russian House", a cabaret and restaurant in Paris. In 1928-1929 traveled to the south of France and Corsica in 1930 - to Spain and Morocco. In 1932 performed a series of cartoons for the magazine Vanity fair.
In February 1935 he returned to the Soviet Union, he settled in Leningrad. He taught at the Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture in the All-Russia Academy of Arts. In 1936 in Leningrad, then in Moscow were organized large retrospective exhibitions Shuhaeva.
In 1937 he was arrested and exiled to Magadan, where he worked sporadically over the design of performances and a concert for the musical-dramatic theater. In 1947 was released, settled in Tbilisi, becoming a Professor of the picture at the Tbilisi Academy of Arts. In 1962 awarded the title of Honored Artist of the Georgian SSR.
Shuhaeva solo exhibitions were held in Tbilisi (1954, 1962, 1971), Moscow (1958), Leningrad (1962-1963, 1968, 1988).
Creativity Shuhaeva represented in the collections of the State Tretyakov Gallery, Pushkin Museum im. Pushkin in Moscow, State Russian Museum in St. Petersburg, the Luxembourg Museum in Paris, the Brooklyn Museum in New York. Much of the work of the Paris period is stored in the Western European and American collections.
VI Shukhaiev, like his close friend and colleague, Alexander Yakovlev, is the most consistent representative of the direction of neo-classicism in Russian art. He has worked and achieved success in many kinds of art, but is primarily known as a brilliant draftsman. In particular, expressive of his drawings sanguine. In seeking to chart its similarities with the Studies of old masters, Shukhaiev often deliberately left visible the process work. Figure tinkering with his finger, repeating several times the contours, wiping the failed line, sharpening on the leaf surface sanguine rod, he created the impression of "rough figure", although the majority of his graphic works are fully completed, machine-nature. Individual style of the artist, established in 1910's, had changed little throughout life, which complicates the dating of his drawings. Relatively easy to date back only the work of the Tbilisi late period of creativity, which, unlike the sheet 1910-x - 1930, Shukhaiev sought to compositional completeness: more careful attention to detail, filling the entire surface of the sheet. An important problem is the differentiation nepodpisnyh work Yakovlev and Shuhaeva, also mostly graphics.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million