"Dream of Italy. Collection of the Marquis Campana"
ARTinvestment.RU 30 июля 2019
Joint exhibition of the Hermitage and the Louvre Museum opened in the Manege of the Small Hermitage till 20 Oct 2019
View this post in Instagram
Dream about Italy. Collection of the Marquis Campana, a Joint exhibition of the Hermitage and the Louvre Museum opened in the Manege of the Small Hermitage till 20 Oct 2019 Name Campana became widely known in scientific circles, the Museum has dreamed of visiting collectors, aristocrats, professionals and art lovers. However, in November 1857, Giovanni Pietro Campana, which since 1833 was appointed Director of the key financial institutions of the Papal States, loan cash Monte-ди-Пьета in Rome, was charged with embezzlement. His art collection was confiscated and put up for sale in 1861 for damages. Part of the Campana collection was acquired by the Emperor Alexander II for the Hermitage, enriching its collection of masterpieces of ancient art, came here "565 vases, bronzes 139, 1 jewelry and 77 marbles" and the frescoes of Raphael's school. A significant part of the collection was sold to Napoleon III in 1863 transferred to the Louvre Museum. Works from the collection of the Marquis also joined the collection of the British Museum and the Victoria and albert Museum in London. The rest were scattered among private collectors. #Hermitage #Campana
Due to the unique collaboration of two of the world's museums, the exhibition for the first time in 160 years will present the most outstanding works of art that once made up the Museum Campana.
the Collection of Giovanni Pietro Campana Marquis di Cavelli (1809-1880) was considered one of the most significant private collections of the nineteenth century. It stood out large and as part of her exhibits — antique vases, bronze items, including weapons, antique and Renaissance sculpture, painting — only about 12 000 artifacts, many of which without exaggeration can be attributed to the masterpieces.
Following the tradition of aristocratic Roman families, Giovanni Pietro Campana multiplied modest collection of works of art of antiquity, bequeathed to him by his father and grandfather. Since the end of 1820-х before 1850-х years Marquis has conducted a number of archaeological excavations in Rome, of Lazio and of the Etruscan cities of Veii and Cerveteri, where he was lucky enough to discover many items, which later became masterpieces of his collection. These discoveries allowed him to take a prominent place in the history of Italian archeology of the XIX century. Not limited to acquisitions made during the excavations of the Campanian actively buying art, antiquities and antique markets, both personally and through a wide network of agents working for him from Etruria to Sicily.
the Collection of the Marquis Campana, called the Museum, thanks to its encyclopedic diversity and abundance, have been developed for more than thirty years, which coincided with the movement for the liberation of Italy from foreign domination and its unification — Risorgimento, became a symbol of national cultural heritage of Italy.
the Name of the Campana became widely known in scientific circles, the Museum wanted to visitcollectors, aristocrats, professionals and art lovers. However, in November 1857, Giovanni Pietro Campana, which since 1833 was appointed Director of the key financial institutions of the Papal States, loan cash Monte-ди-Пьета in Rome, was charged with embezzlement. His art collection was confiscated and put up for sale in 1861 for damages.
Part of the Campana collection was acquired by the Emperor Alexander II for the Hermitage, enriching its collection of masterpieces of ancient art, came here "565 vases, bronzes 139, 1 jewelry and 77 marbles" and the frescoes of Raphael's school. A significant part of the collection was sold to Napoleon III in 1863 transferred to the Louvre Museum. Works from the collection of the Marquis also joined the collection of the British Museum and the Victoria and albert Museum in London. The rest were scattered among private collectors.
the exhibition Opens with the artifacts found by the Marquis during the excavations, which he organized in Etruria and Rome, revealing the identity of Giampietro Campana as an archaeologist, showing the sources of his collection of antiquities.
the exhibition gives an idea of the composition of the collection of the Marquis Campana. Works of art located in sections in accordance with their description in the catalog of the collection "Cataloghi Campana," published in 1858. According to this publication, the meeting was divided into twelve classes: eight were United by the art of antiquity, and the remaining four included painting, majolica and sculpture from the Renaissance to the modern era.
Along with masterpieces of the Hermitage collection — famous collection of vases and sculptures including the world famous Antiques — hydria "Queen of vases", bust of antinoos, the lid of a funerary urn in the form of a reclining bronze boys statue of Aphrodite with Eros, the Louvre Museum presents such well-known works as the Etruscan sarcophagus of the spouses, the Campana reliefs, a fragment of the Ara Pacis, Etruscan jewelry, paintings Tadeo Gadi, Paolo Veneziano, Domenico Ghirlandaio.
the Most vivid picture of the Campana Museum gives created based on historical photographs of the reconstruction of one of the halls of the Museum Campana — Eksedry, where it was exhibited five antique statues with the bust of Anthony, in the center.
Completes the exposition section devoted to the sale of the collection of the Marquis Campana, and its fate within the walls of the Hermitage and the Louvre.
the Curators of the exhibition:
from the State Hermitage: Anna Alexeevna Trofimova, head of antiquity Department, PhD; Elena Nikolaevna Dmitrieva with-куратор, Junior researcher of the Department of the Ancient world, [email protected] semicolon from the Louvre Museum: françoise Gauthier, head of the Department of Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities; Laurent Messer, curator of the Department of Greek, Etruscan and Roman antiquities.
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million