The exhibition "Picasso & Khokhlova" in the Pushkin will last until February 3
ARTinvestment.RU 09 января 2019
Love story by the Spanish artist and Russian dancers appears before the audience in the artist's works, photographs, letters and items from the personal archive of the family of Picasso. There are more than 200 exhibits
the Exhibition "Picasso & Khokhlova" is held in the Pushkin Museum. Of A. S. Pushkin together with the National Picasso Museum in Paris and the Foundation for art Almine and Bernard Ruiz-Пикассо (FABA). The main character of the exhibition — the first wife of Pablo Picasso Olga Khokhlova. The exhibition was completed and known works, and those that have never been shown to the Russian public.
the First exhibition dedicated to Pablo Picasso and Olga Khokhlova took place in the National Picasso Museum in Paris in 2017. 100-летию experience of the artist and his first wife, the Museum presented the exhibition "Olga Picasso", telling about the period of life of the couple spent together, and the impact of Olga and Russian culture on creativity.
Now the exhibition opened in the Pushkin Museum. Alexander Pushkin, known for his large-scale Picasso exhibition. In the Museum collections of the artist's work and unique photos that Olga Khokhlova was sent to their relatives in Russia in 1920-е years.
In the Moscow exhibition "Picasso & Khokhlova" shows more than 200 exhibits — from monumental murals to the furniture, letters and postcards. Most of the paintings and drawings included in the collection of the National Picasso Museum in Paris — the world's largest centre for the study of the artist. Another key party — Fund FABA, whose head, Bernard Ruiz-Пикассо, grandson of Pablo Picasso and Olga Khokhlova, — for the first time in Russia shows family collection of unknown works as well as archival materials found in the trunk of Olga, where they were stored for many years. The study of the archive has allowed to reconstruct the history of the relationship of Olga and Pablo and to create a unique exhibition project.
the Exhibition aims to show Picasso's work in the context of his personal history. The exhibition is based on the development associated with Olga of subjects and themes in the artist — with neoclassical portraits and images of motherhood to surreal visions. Each theme is revealed in one of the eleven sections of the exhibition.
Pablo Picasso and Olga Khokhlova was found in 1917 in Rome, while working on the staging of the ballet "Parade" in the framework of the "Russian ballet" by Sergei Diaghilev. In 1918 they were married in the Orthodox Church in Paris. Olga Khokhlova was the first official wife of the artist and the main model of the new neoclassical period of his work. Avant-garde rhythm of Picasso's works was subdued General "return to order" in art and life. Changed the artistic style of Picasso, was different and his position in society: they Olga now found a new social status and have become secular persons. Along with the peace and quiet into art, Picasso became an epic, monumental forms, inspired by classical art. This, the most intense stage of the relationship of Pablo Picasso and Olga Khokhlova presented in the White hall of the Museum. Hereto see the portraits of Olga, connected with two topics — "Muse and model" and "Melancholy". Part of the exhibition, entitled "Change of scenery", will talk about the secular salons, apartments and castles, where she spent time family Picasso. Sections of "Motherhood" and "Paul" will reveal the world of Olga, which was completely devoted to the son, Paulo, born on 4 February 1921.
In the mid 1920-х years the attitude of Picasso towards the family has changed. New Hobbies in life and in art have complicated relationships with Pablo and Olga. The other was the image of his wife in the artist's works. This period ended with the gap presented in complementary thematic sections of the exhibition. The history of meetings with a new lover — in the "Workshop" and "the Bathers"; change attitudes to Olga — in "Metamorphosis"; secular masks and hidden drama — in Amateur filming in the section "On screen". The ambiguity of the relationship of Picasso and the women who surround him are reflected in the subjects of bullfighting and the crucifixion, where the artist identified himself with the bull — victim Torero, and finally in the works section "Eros and Thanatos", which contains works United by the theme of the Minotaur — tyrant and the victim — the main alter ego of the master in 1930-е years. Picasso and Khokhlova finally broke up in 1935, but their marriage ended only with the death of Olga in 1955.
Marina Loshak, Director, Pushkin Museum im. A. S. Pushkina: Exhibition dedicated to an extremely important period in the life of Pablo Picasso related to his Russian wife, the ballerina Olga Khokhlova. We present his version of the story of their life together, telling about the Russian trace in the biography of the master. Together with the audience we go through the different stages of this extremely interesting and dramatic history, which is not only internally altered by the artist himself, but also had a huge impact on his art.
Bernard Ruiz-Пикассо, curator, co-founder and co-Chairman of Fund of support of art Almine and Bernard Ruiz-Пикассо: the Exhibition will present the result of a long research work on studying of archives Olga Khokhlova (1891-1955), my grandmother on my father, left me and that allowed to cover the years of her life together with Pablo Picasso. I want to share with you the adventure that became my examination of the contents of these archives and many details that influenced the work of Picasso throughout his life with Olga.
Alexey Petukhov, exhibition curator, senior researcher of the Department of art of Europe and America XIX–XX centuries: Exhibition "Picasso & Khokhlova" reads like a novel about life and art. Viewers will be able to mentally get to the performances of Diaghilev's ballets, to breathe the serene atmosphere of the new home of Picasso and understand the sad silence in this Olga, hear the sounds of children's games parents and their son, Paulo, to feel the pain of the gap of the spouses, all the hardships which Picassosurvived in his works.
After Moscow the exhibition will be held in the Picasso Museum in Malaga (25 February to 2 June 2019) and at the Cultural center Caixa Forum in Madrid (from June 18 to 22 September 2019).
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2019 In shorts at the Tretyakov gallery Never been — and here again. Until all forces were thrown on the protection of Repin, the attackers found a breach in the security of another building — in Lavrushinsky lane. In the morning the Moscow radio station excitedly discussing a new "performance" in TG. This time naked
- 19.03.2019 Italdesign unveiled a concept car "Da Vinci" Concept electric car, inspired by the designs of the great compatriot, by the Italians introduced in the year 500-летия since the death of Leonardo
- 19.03.2019 Security for Repin: from inspection at the exit refused After damage Repin "Ivan the terrible" and the brazen theft of the work of Kuindzhi, it is feared that visitors of the blockbuster "Ilya Repin" will face a crackdown
- 19.03.2019 Omega has released a watch with the design of the Russian artist Dial and slim ceramic case of the new Rado True Thinline My Bird decorated with a feather and a picture of the mythical bird Stratim created by the artist Elena Miro
- 15.03.2019 Robbery-итальянски: instead of the original Bruegel thieves stole a copy of it Shortly before the robbery, the police switched the paintings "the Crucifixion" by Pieter Brueghel the Younger, and in the end ignorant of the robbers brought the Italian Church copy, but still caught on hidden camera
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.03.2019 Experts: the culture industry brings the US economy is 4 times more than agricultural production This conclusion is contained in a study published in March 2019, Bureau of economic analysis, U.S. (BEA) and National endowment for the arts (NEA)
- 11.12.2018 Why deduction of 5 % — is bad for artists Three months ago came into force the government decision No. 285: sellers of paintings commanded to donate 5 % of resale to an accredited organization UPRAVI in favor of the artists and heirs to copyright. Explain what's wrong with that
- 06.12.2018 As predictions have come true AI on the "Russian trading" in November 2018 Under each picture lots see real results are translated from pounds to dollars at the rate of 1.28. And compare with the forecast AI
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 06.03.2019 "The year of theatre in the village of Peremilovo" In Theatrical gallery on Malaya Ordynka opened a personal exhibition of Vladimir Lyubarova
- 06.03.2019 Paintings and drawings by Anatoly Zverev gallery "vellum" On 24 February at the New Museum Aslan chehova (SPb) ended the great exhibition "Anatoly Zverev. Painting. Graphics". Most of the exposure can now be seen in Moscow
- 05.03.2019 Vladimir Kalinin in the Antique centre on the Garden For the first time in the exhibition space managed to collect more than 50 works 1960-80-х years from a private collection
- 28.02.2019 Images of women & women-художницы at exhibitions of the Russian Museum in Malaga Branch timing in the Spanish city of Malaga has opened three exhibitions: "Saints, Queens, and workers. The image of women in Russian art", "Russian artist. At the intersection of tradition and avant-garde" and "Graphics Russian artists from the collection of Christine Gmurzynska"
- 28.02.2019 "The aristocratic portrait in Russia of the XVIII — beginning of the XX century" Exhibition in the State Historical Museum presents the 120 scenic portraits painted by Rokotov, Levitsky, Borovikovsky, Tropinin, Serov and other
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 7. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 8. Nicolas de Staël$12,12 million
- 9. Nicholas Roerich$12,09 million
- 10. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 11. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 12. Tamara de Lempicka$9,09 million
- 13. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 14. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 15. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 16. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 17. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 18. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 19. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 20. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 21. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 22. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 23. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 24. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 25. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 26. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 27. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 28. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 29. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 30. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 31. Paul Kuznecov$3,97 million
- 32. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million