Nicholas WACKER (Wacker Nicolas)
Painter, graphic artist arts-прикладного art, copyist
From a family of Russified Germans, textile manufacturers. He spent his childhood in Ukraine on the estate of godmother — Princess Dolgoruky. In 1911 he began to study painting. Studied at the classical gymnasium in St. Petersburg (1912-1915). In 1915 he returned to Ukraine; worked as a languages teacher in a rural school.
In 1917, at the invitation of her aunt from Germany and with German fake passports along with the family emigrated via Odessa to Berlin. Studied architecture and painting in the Studio К. Хоффера at the Higher school of fine arts in Berlin (1922-1926), philosophy at the Humboldt University.
In 1926 he moved to Paris along with her friend, artist Ш. Хеншель. For some time he studied under the guidance А. Лота. Passed through passion cubism; met Ж. Браком, М. Дюшаном, С. Мартином, С. Делоне and other representatives of the artistic avant-garde. He worked as an assistant teacher and cubist Р. Биссьера at the Academy П. Рансона (1928-1939); held her first solo exhibition (1935). He exposed his works at the salon d'automne (1927-1929), a number of group exhibitions in Paris. A member of the "Témoignage".
Participated in the design of the ABC pavilion at the world exhibition in Paris (1937), the wine pavilion at the world exhibition in new-Йорке (1939).
In the period of the Nazi occupation of France was arrested as a German (1939) and sent to the camp Villebon near Blois. In February 1940 released, returned to Paris. In may of the same year arrested again as a refuge from military service, but found unfit for military service; changed several places of residence. Since December, he worked as a restorer at the art Museum in Albi (Department tarn). Had the opportunity to paint and graphics and has completed a series of pen-drawings in the cubist style. Released in October 1942.
it was also at the invitation Р. Биссьера settled in his house in the village near the city Boissièrettes Casals in the Department Lo-и-Гаронна; subsequently rented a house in the town of La Case in the same region and equipped in its workshop.
In 1952 he returned to Paris, he often visited La-Казет. Engaged in weaving, made of cloth of coarse wool for fashion houses. In 1950-60-е written copies of the works of the old masters (Lucas Cranach the Elder, Jan Brueghel the Velvet, Francesco Cosa); has signed a contract with the American art company, selling copies of old paintings on religious themes.
In those same years, became interested in abstract art and created a series of abstract gouaches.
he Taught the technique of painting at the National school of fine arts in Paris (1969-1981). In 1987 in the chapel of the school held a retrospective exhibition of the artist.
the Memorial exhibitions of the artist took place in Montgeron (1995), Rambouillet (2001).
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 12.08.2020 The logistics company blames art-дилера in unpaid bills for storage of paintings As compensation, the paintings stored in the warehouse, want to sell under the hammer
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 27.01.2021 Литература: Дэвид В. Галенсон. Старые мастера и молодые гении Книга, призывающая разобраться в основных мотивах творчества и их влиянии на рынок художника
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million