Exhibitions of works of art
Sculpture and graphics Boris Korolev in the Tretyakov Gallery
ARTinvestment.RU 03 ноября 2009
Today at the State Tretyakov Gallery in Krymsky Val presents "Boris Korolev. Sculpture and graphics. It is timed to 125 anniversary of the outstanding sculptor of the twentieth century
Today, the State Tretyakov Gallery on the Crimean shaft (Halls 21-22) held the opening of the exhibition "Boris Korolev. Sculpture and Graphics "from the series" The State Tretyakov Gallery in Krymsky Val opens its reservists ».
monographic exhibition BD Queen (1885 -- 1963) dedicated to the 125 th anniversary of the outstanding sculptor of the twentieth century. Tretyakov Gallery, with its excellent selection of works by the Queen, is about 30 graphic sheets and 25 sculptural compositions, executed in plaster, wood, bronze and marble.
Throughout his life, Boris Danilovich Korolev defended freedom formotvorchestva. An outstanding representative of the Moscow school of sculpture was a graduate class SM Volnukhin at the Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, where he taught and Trubetskoy . On interpreting the heritage of Impressionism show characteristic modeling volume and silhouette and "breathing" texture work B. Queen.
From the late 1910's to the mid 1920's BA Korolev worked in rare for Russian sculptor style of Cubism. He belonged to the circle of avant-garde artists who sincerely believe in the idea of transforming society through culture in post-revolutionary years, he actively participated in the plan of monumental propaganda. But it was his monument to Bakunin (1919) was the first in Soviet art work, destroyed by the formal and stylistic reasons. Possessing all the qualities of the monument, concrete 8-meter figure of Bakunin was the only monument in Moscow, in the spirit kubofuturizma. Among the materials of the period at the exhibition - a significant block of B. The Queen of graphic works (sketches of the Temple of communication of the people, "Architectural Fantasies"), a sculptural sketch of the monument to Bakunin (1918) and a series of fascinating archival photographs commits not survived the work (at the monument to Bakunin Myasnitsky Gates sketch of the monument to Marx).
In the mid 1920's, including those under the influence of the historical situation, BA Korolev turned to the realist tradition. To this period belongs a series of sketches a nude female figure, which differ in clarity and density forms. In these images read by a poetic vision of everyday life.
In 1920-30-ies, the period of creative flowering, the sculptor has designed and partially realized its best projects. Leading monumental Soviet era, he participated in all major competitions for monuments, held in the USSR, and created a series of images of "heroes of his time" - Leo Tolstoy, Maxim Gorky, Stalin's. For projects B. Queen monuments to "the fighters of the revolution" in Saratov, N. Bauman Moscow, Lenin Tashkent, Pereslavl on, Lugansk. He designed the sculptural decoration of the Palace of the Soviets, created his own version of "Worker and Collective Farm" for the closed competition in 1936 to create a sculptural group for the Soviet pavilion at the World Exhibition in Paris. In the monumental project master sought to deployed architectural-sculptural form, developed the type of monument with a spatial multi-image compositions, sculptural groups on separate grounds and difficult elaborated pedestal. The exhibition shows not received embodiment of projects monuments: A.. Zhelyabov (1932, stained plaster of Paris), Alexander Pushkin (1937, metal), PI Tchaikovsky (1940, metal), etc.
Evolution, which is undergoing a type of monument in the works of B. The Queen in 1920-50-ies, is indicative of the development of Russia's art in general. At various times, the artistic language of work B. The Queen was criticized heavily, but in regard to ideology, his work has generally remained within the mainstream of Soviet art.
In 1940-50-s BA Korolev worked a lot in the genre of easel historical portrait (the portrait of Alexander Pushkin, 1940, a marble portrait of Beethoven, 1952, marble, modeled in plaster 1910).
Demonstration sculptures at the exhibition is accompanied by a graphic work - full-scale studies and sketches, which allow to trace the stages of translating these ideas, as monuments Baumann or Zhelyabov.
Exhibition B. Queen includes interesting documents, including familiarizing with unimplemented projects - for example, a monument "Emancipation of Labor. Bookmark it was held in May 1920 near the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, on the site of the demolished monument to Emperor Alexander III, where he later planned to build a Palace of Soviets. Korolev compiled an interesting profile to assess the proletariat newly created monuments. Archival materials reveal a strong public temperament Boris Queen: he was one of the organizers of the Commission's picturesque sculpture and architectural synthesis "Zhivskulptarh" at Fine Arts College Narcompros and the Society of Russian sculptor (1926-1931), was an assistant master ( Matveev ) for 2-State art workshops.
collection of works by Queen B. different stages of creativity, a fairly complete picture of the Tretyakov Gallery works and documents, is the basis for the study of heritage and history of Russian masters of the sculpture of the first half of the twentieth century.
The exhibition runs until February 14, 2010.
Source: press release of the State Tretyakov Gallery
When quoting reference to the http://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 27.07.2016 Artists have accused Zara of stealing their ideas Foreign authors published more than a dozen obvious examples, when the stores of Spanish brand sold "lapped" them things
- 21.07.2016 It became known, to whom van Gogh gave his severed ear The daughter of a local farmer, forced to moonlight in a brothel
- 21.07.2016 Jeff Koons fired 14 employees attempting to unionize Media reported, citing anonymous sources
- 14.07.2016 In France, the expert has robbed old ladies of Leonardo At least 80-летняя the owner believes that she received the inheritance pattern is the work of Da Vinci
- 13.07.2016 TG took from Feodosia Aivazovsky selected Feodosia gallery sends to the exhibition in the Tretyakov gallery 38 works of Aivazovsky, but don't be afraid of what this summer in the Crimea will be nothing to watch.
- 26.07.2016 Open 138-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — six paintings, seven of the original sheets and three — lottery drawing, three of work, executed in mixed media, as well as copyright aluminum sculpture
- 22.07.2016 The results of the Auction No. 137. Dulkin – 120 000 The result corresponds to the height of the summer holidays. Sold 7 out of 20. The maximum interest was shown in the pictures Kostandi and Zverev, but the reserves were higher
- 20.07.2016 Online-аукцион "literary Fund" on July 27 July 27 "Cabinet" will hold 21-е auction. The auction will be held online. In the directory — over 400 lots of rare books, manuscripts, postcards, photographs, posters and graphics
- 20.07.2016 Rare books, manuscripts, autographs and photographs at auction "In the Nikita" 28 Jul 2016 "House of antique books in Nikitsky" conducts the auction No. 77. The beginning of the auctions at 17:00
- 20.07.2016 "KABINET" conducts online-аукцион No. 6 "KABINET" informs that online-аукцион No. 6 "Rare books, autographs, manuscripts, photographs," not to be held July 15 from-за technical failure, will be held on July 21. Start bidding at 14:00
- 20.07.2016 Auction "Russian enamel" on July 14. A brief summary Autograph of Babel was sold for 1.5 million rubles., and a book about gambling and clubs — for 2 million rubles.
- 08.07.2016 "Russian enamel": Malyavina, Berlin and porcelain Gogol's characters was dismantled without a trace On the last Saturday of the last month, on June 25, the auction house "Russian enamel" held a traditional monthly auction of Russian and Western European art
- 07.07.2016 A million for the Paris Roses! Collection of poems of Georgy Ivanov showed 55-кратный growth rates relative start at the auction "KABINET" June 23rd — and became the third ranking in the price of the evening
- 06.07.2016 Top-10 artists orbit Russian art in the first half of 2016 The most expensive work of half was sold in the pre-new-Йорке, rebellious London and its rising powers rival Paris
- 04.07.2016 "Antiquarium": lucky the one who carries 110 % of the estimate of the entire catalog as a whole and 92% of the lots in the disassembled string of Brodsky — such a success itself in hands did not fall, it must be earned
- 29.07.2016 TG: "Ivan Aivazovsky. 200-летию birthday" Today at Krymsky Val (new Tretyakov gallery opened an exhibition of one of the most popular and favorite of the Russian audience of artists — Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky (1817-1900)
- 22.07.2016 Etchings and drawings by Ivan Shishkin at the exhibition in Central house of artists July 26 antique galleries "KABINET" in the Central house of artists presents an exhibition of all 60 etchings by Ivan Shishkin from the famous folder A. F. Marx
- 20.07.2016 Chagall in Malaga Today, the branch of the State Russian Museum in Malaga (in the center for the arts "Tabakalera") opens exhibition of works by Marc Chagall and his Russian contemporaries – Altman antokolski etc.
- 18.07.2016 "War and peace Vadim Sidur" In the Museum of Sidur in Moscow opens a large retrospective exhibition of Vadim Sidur (1924-1986). In the exhibition more than 40 works
- 14.07.2016 Vyacheslav Zaitsev at the Hermitage A large retrospective exhibition at the Manege of the Small Hermitage features more than 100 ensembles of the fashion House "Slava Zaitsev" for 30 years, as well as sketches and photographs
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$60,00 million
- 3. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 4. Wassily Kandinsky$23,04 million
- 5. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 6. Marc Chagall$14,85 million
- 7. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 8. Nicholas Roerich$12,09 million
- 9. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 10. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 11. Nicolas de Staël$9,42 million
- 12. Tamara de Lempicka$8,48 million
- 13. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 14. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 15. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 16. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 17. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 18. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 19. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 20. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 21. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 22. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 23. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 24. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 25. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 26. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 27. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 28. Konstantin Makovsky$4,20 million
- 29. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 30. Paul Kuznecov$3,97 million
- 31. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million