Gabo Naum Abramovich
Pseudonyms,autonyms and aliases: Pevzner, Neemiah, Nehamiah, Borisovich, Berkovich
Linear Construction in Space No. 2 634 118 USD
Продано в 2019 году
Bas-relief for the U.S. Rubber Company building, New York 490 000 USD
Продано в 2015 году
Vertical Construction No.1 467 857 USD
Продано в 1999 году
Linear Construction in Space No.2 430 000 USD
Продано в 1990 году
Linear Construction in Space No. 2 337 488 USD
Продано в 2013 году
Model for a sculpture in Rotterdam (final model for Bijenkor.. 320 305 USD
Продано в 2017 году
Габо, Наум Абрамович
Gabo (Pevsner), Naum (Nehemiah, Nechama) Abramovich (B., Berkovich)
sculptor, painter, set designer, art theorist
Systematic arts education is not received. Studied at the gymnasium in Tomsk and Kursk. In 1910 he moved to Munich, where he studied medicine, natural sciences at the university, physics and mechanical engineering at the Polytechnic Institute. Simultaneously G. Wolfflin attended lectures in art history.
In 1912 he traveled to Italy, studied the art of old masters in Venice, Milan, Bologna and other cities. In 1913 and 1914 went to Paris, where he visited his brother Anton (Antoine) Pevsner - painter and sculptor. During the First World War he lived in his brother in Copenhagen, then Oslo. In those same years, began to insert itself into a sculpture, speaking under the pseudonym "Gabo".
In March 1917, together with his brother returned to Russia, he settled in Moscow. Was close VE Tatlin, Malevich, Rodchenko. In 1920, together with G. Klutsis arranged outdoor exhibition of sculpture at the Tver Boulevard and issued the "Realistic Manifesto, which outlined the" software "to install their art, in particular, defended the idea of" the depth and prosaic "as the unity of space and time, motion, and masses, but rejected the line size and color as a purely external, "picturesque" elements.
Engaged in easel and monumental sculpture, the designs of automobiles. In 1920, created the prototype of "Mobile" - a kinetic abstract sculpture, driven by an electric motor. Performed a series of transparent and translucent sculptures, structures with holes, the radio station project in Serpukhov, which developed the principles of "Realistic Manifesto».
In 1922 he went to Berlin, accompanied the first exhibition of Russian art, Soviet Russia has not returned. In Berlin, he joined the group "Style", led by T. Wang Duisburg and P. Mondrianom. Creatively in contact with the masters "Bauhauzha" L. Mies van der Rohe, V. Kandinsky, Klee, P., W. Gropius and others.
presented papers, participated in avant-garde exhibitions in Germany and Holland. In 1924, held in Paris gallery "Perseus exhibition" Russian Constructivists: Gabo, Pevsner ". In 1930, held his first solo exhibition "Constructivist plastic in Hanover.
In the late 1920's performed projects of monuments to the airport, the Institute of Physics and Mathematics, the project festive decoration of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. In 1931 participated in the competition for the project of the Palace of Soviets in Moscow.
as a theatrical decorator collaborated with entreprise Diaghilev, for which designed the ballet "Kitty" A. Gore.
In 1932-1935 he worked in Paris. He became one of the founders of the Union "Abstraction - Creation. In 1935 he moved to London, where he married an Englishwoman Mariam Israels. Held a solo exhibition in a London gallery (1938). Together with B. Nicholson and L. Martin published the magazine Circle (International Review constructivist art), which published articles about art and social aspects of constructivism.
In 1938, first visited the United States in connection with the organization of its exhibitions in Vudsvort Atheneum in Hartford and the gallery "J. Levy" in New York. After the Second World War finally moved to the United States. In 1952, took American citizenship.
in 1948 did a great retrospective exhibition (jointly with A. Pevzner) at New York's Museum of Modern Art, in 1951 - at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in 1953 - in gallery "P. ; Matisse "in New York.
for their work and creative work was awarded the prize fund and S. Guggenheim medal at the Art Institute of Chicago (1954), honorary doctorate from the Royal College of Art, London (1967), Honorary Knight of the Order of the British Empire (1971); since 1965 - Member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters.
In 1960-70's turned to painting and woodcuts. He has lectured on art at the faculty of architecture of various educational institutions, particularly at Harvard. In 1962 visited the Soviet Union, where the brothers visited - Mark, Eremeev, Alexey.
Gabo - eminent sculptor of the twentieth century, one of the pioneers of constructivism and kinetic art. In early works (1910) was influenced by cubism. In the early 1920's completely away from figurative art in the direction of abstraction. Its decorative sculptures, almost devoid of figurative elements - laconic and expressive, they are distinguished by the free play of forms and active interaction with the surrounding space. A creative handwriting of the master is diverse: from the shocking disharmony to strict staring upward or symmetric spherical forms, from the air tracks formed by the intersection of the set of threads stretched to heavy construction. In his works with a wide range of techniques and materials: use of aluminum, steel, phosphate gilt bronze, marble, wood, cardboard, plexiglass, acrylic, nylon thread, lyutsit.
Creativity Gabo represented in many museum collections including the Museum of Modern Art in New York, the Museum Shtedel (Städel) in Frankfurt, Tate Gallery in London and elsewhere.
- 26.01.2021 Выставка искусства вместо пустующих витрин На Лонг-Айленде собственникам зданий, в которых есть закрывшиеся магазины, предложили демонстрировать в витринах работы местных художников. В случае отказа владельцев ждёт штраф
- 26.01.2021 Решается судьба коллекции главы Samsung Работы Ротко, Бэкона и Джакометти из коллекции недавно скончавшегося председателя концерна Samsung Ли Гон Хи, вероятно, будут проданы наследниками для выплаты многомиллиардных налогов на наследство
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 10.08.2020 Artist of the week: Leonid Purygin History, pricing and marketing indicators of the modernist and one of the brightest representatives of Russian art-брют Leonid Purygina
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 06.08.2020 Cross-trades in the summer of 2020. ArtTactic Report Analysis of auction sales of a new format with the participation of the old masters
- 04.08.2020 Opened 27-й auction "twenty-first century. Contemporary Russian art" The catalogue contains artworks of Seeds Agroskin, Alexei Vaulin, Dima Goryachkin, Dasha Delone, Anna Laurel, Denis Mikhailov, Andrei Munz, Arman Sirunian, Kathy-Анны Taguchi and Tatiana Yang
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 3. Wassily Kandinsky$41,6 million
- 4. Marc Chagall$28,45 million
- 5. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 6. Nicolas Staël$22,25 million
- 7. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 8. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 9. Tamara de Lempicka$13,36 million
- 10. Nicholas Roerich$12,13 million
- 11. Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin$11,76 million
- 12. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 13. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 14. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 15. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 16. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 17. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 18. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 19. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 20. Ivan Klyun$6,26 million
- 21. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 22. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 23. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 24. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 25. Konstantin Makovsky$5,47 million
- 26. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 27. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 28. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 29. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 30. Mikhail Larionov$4,46 million
- 31. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 32. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 33. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 34. Mikhail Klodt$4,02 million
- 35. Pavel Kuznetsov$3,97 million
- 36. Alexandr Deineka$3,82 million
- 37. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million