Edvard Munch at the Tretyakov gallery
ARTinvestment.RU 16 апреля 2019
Tomorrow in the Engineering building of the Tretyakov gallery opens the exhibition of the famous Norwegian expressionist Edvard Munch. The exhibition of around 70 picturesque and graphic works 30
the Exhibition "Edvard Munch" — joint bilateral project of the Tretyakov gallery and the Munch Museum (Oslo, Norway), with the participation of the Pushkin Museum to them. Of A. S. Pushkin. Among the estimated hundreds of works presented at the exhibition will be the first version of the composition of the famous work "the Scream" (from the collection of the Munch Museum, Oslo). Recall that another version of the Scream in may 2012 was sold at auction in new-Йорке $of 119.9 million, becoming one of the most expensive works of art in the world (7-е place in the ranking of the AI world artists).
Edvard Munch (1863-1944) — famous Norwegian artist, had a huge impact on the development of twentieth century art. In his work he anticipated many of the Central themes, tragic mood and the picturesque opening of the expressionists and their followers. However, the way Munch to recognition was long and arduous, especially at home. Precocious talent for drawing is not supported by the artist's father. Hard experience of losing loved ones, poverty, unsettled personal life, craving for alcohol, frequent illness and depression are translated in a bold and candid stories that strike the incredible power of feelings. Bright coloristic talent, memorable, evocative images, bold experiments in painting and drawing made by Munch cult artist. All his life he played the self-portraits, ruthlessly locking changes in the appearance and the internal state, each time as if anew after recreating himself experienced suffering and emotional turmoil.
Munch began working in the printed graphics in 1894 and left a tremendous legacy and its artistic significance in no way inferior to his paintings. He experimented with engraving techniques, tried dry needle, etching, aquatint, mezzo-тинто, lithography, woodcut. Almost all included in the exhibition of work created between 1894 and 1903 years, a decade, when was born the most important images included in "the Frieze of life." Munch with a striking sincerity portrayed "what he feels, wants, what he fears". His title, appealing not to the event, but emotions often have several connotations. Most of the subjects of Munch addressed repeatedly in different years, sometimes in different printing techniques. In addition, the exhibition presents portraits of poets, writers and playwrights, met and befriended the artist.
the Frieze of life
the centre of the exhibition — series of paintings "Frieze of life", which brings together iconic works: "the Scream", "Dance of life", "Vampire", "the Kiss", "Ash", "Metabolism. Life and death" and others. The artist called his "poem on life, love and death" and worked on it for over 30 years. He wrote that ""the Frieze" is intended as a series of decorative works, which together should create a picture of life. In them winds the winding coastline stretches near the sea, always in motion, and under the trees the bubbling of a diverse life with its joys and sorrows". A great influence on the formation of Munchprovided literature of the time: novels and plays H. Eger, B. Heavier, H. Ibsen, K. Hamsun, Strindberg A., poem by S. mallarmé, S. Pshibyshevsky, — and in particular the creation of the genius of F. M. Dostoevsky. They Munch drew ideas for his rich, deep psychological experiences images. All cycle works United by themes of love, jealousy, separation, illness, death, fear, sorrow. Their interpretation is related not only to the immediate UPS and downs of the artist's life, but also hidden symbols, allegories, direct and veiled quotations from works of world art.
In 1900-е, Munch enthusiastically adopted for the development of a new technology. Many researchers talking about the impact of photographic effects on his painting style and style. The presence of muddy blurry shapes and a double exposure on photographs of Munch is usually associated with his fascination with spiritualism and the desire to make the invisible visible. The problem of the duality of material and spiritual essence of the world inspired him to create not only paintings and drawings but also photographs. Munch can hardly be called a supporter of the idea of self-sufficiency of photography as art: he argued that "the camera cannot compete with a brush and palette — because it can't be used in hell or in heaven." In photography there are two periods: 1902-1910 and 1927-1932 years. Munch was interested in landscapes, portraits of friends, self-portraits, pictures of your own work and exhibitions. In the archives of the Munch Museum 261 is kept the prints that were selected for the exhibition of 14 original photographs made by the artist.
the Magnificent landscapes of Munch fascinate with a dynamic brush stroke, and a variety of colorful combinations. The swirling smoke of the locomotive, the rocks on the shore, the incoming wave, bending the branches of the trees the wind, the cold moonlit night and sunrise — everything encouraged the artist to be creative. In his opinion, "nature — is not only what meets the eye— is and inner images of the soul— images on the inside of the eye." Summer Munch chose to spend in nature, in different parts of Norway and Germany. The last 30 years, the artist lived in seclusion near Oslo in the estate of the Eckel, located in the heart of an old Apple orchard. Watching the changing of the seasons, with the life of the trees and surrounding fields, Munch strove to recreate the eternal cycle of life. Elegiac mood in his paintings are moving into is filled with inner fears night motifs, the joy of a gentle spring dawn gives way to anxiety the desolate winter expanse. Plunging into work on the paintings in the open air, the artist was convinced that the cold, heat, rain and wind bring the paintings favor, leaving traces.
the Artist and the model
Women in the life of Munch played a very important role. All his life he felt a tenderness and gratitude to her aunt Karen who supported his children's interest in painting was always helping the sisters, but his personal life is not formed. From his youth he was convinced of its exceptional destiny, and, having experienced a number of disappointments andshocks, all romantic relationships rather lonely and isolated life.
Munch was always interested in this genre, and the first samples brushes were portraits of his father, aunts and sisters. Later, he undertook the order, but when I saw the model potential for the realization of expressive artistic image of a particular type. The work on the portrait of Dr. Daniel Jacobson Munch wrote: "Jacobson — is a good doctor. Walked around like a Pope among white nurses and us — pale patients. The food was also white. Everything was white, except for the Jacobson. I wanted to say, and I persuaded him to pose for me. I wrote him a huge, widely spreading legs, amongst the madness of all possible colors".
Specially for the exhibition project "Edvard Munch" prepared by the international educational program, which will help better understand the inner world of the artist and his entourage. The program of lectures about the life and work of Edvard Munch, influence of literature and philosophy in his art, a puppet show based on the play by artist, book presentations and film screenings. Participants — critics, writers, publishers, translators and artists from Russia, Norway and Georgia. Detailed information on the website of the Tretyakov gallery.
Source: press-релиз GTG
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
Attention! All materials of the site and database of auction results ARTinvestment.RU, including illustrated reference information about the works sold at auctions, are intended for use exclusively for informational, scientific, educational and cultural purposes in accordance with Art. 1274 of the Civil Code. Use for commercial purposes or in violation of the rules established by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation is not allowed. ARTinvestment.RU is not responsible for the content of materials submitted by third parties. In case of violation of the rights of third parties, the site administration reserves the right to remove them from the site and from the database on the basis of an application from an authorized body.
- 16.08.2022 Расследование ФБР подрывает репутацию Художественного музея Орландо Отменены три выставки, из собрания отозваны отдельные работы
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 31.07.2020 10 most unusual ArtTech-стартапов 2020. Part 1 AI talks about young companies whose ideas have become especially popular with the onset of the quarantine
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 17.06.2022 Выставка Люси Вороновой в галерее Atelier CHOUTKO На выставке будут представлены живописные произведения Вороновой разных лет и состоится премьера ковра ручной работы, созданного художницей совместно с Atelier CHOUTKO
- 14.03.2022 Эрмитаж потребовал досрочно вернуть работы, участвующие в итальянских выставках В Россию в ближайшее время вернутся около 25 картин
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Constantin Brâncuși$71 million
- 4. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 5. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 6. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 7. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million