Artist of the week: Kasian Goleizovsky
ARTinvestment.RU 07 декабря 2012
Few people know that the world-famous choreographer, one of the most prominent artists of the Bolshoi Theatre of Kiev Goleizovsky Kassian was a talented theater artist and left a legacy of significant graphic
Kasian Goleizovsky. 1920
choreographer, dancer and theater artist Kassian Yaroslavich Goleizovsky born February 22 (March 7) 1892 in Moscow into a family of artists of the Bolshoi Theatre.
From 1900 he studied at the Moscow Theatre School (teachers in classical dance - NP Domashev later Tikhomirov and M. Mordkin). In the season 1906/1907 transferred to the St. Petersburg Theater School, where he graduated in 1909 (teachers MK Obukhov, S. K. Andrianov). In 1907 he took lessons at eleven A. Duncan. She also supplied the Goleizovsky "Dancing with the sword" to the music of one of the Chopin preludes.
final performance on "Seasons" to music. Tchaikovsky, prepared by Fokin, a partner Goleizovsky Fokine student EM Luke.
After graduating from college was enlisted in the Mariinsky Theater troupe, but soon iskhlopotal currently translated in Moscow Bolshoi Theatre. He served in the Grand Theatre from 1909 to 1918. Participated in the experimental productions Gorsky. Played roles in productions of "Sleeping Beauty" (choreographer Marius Petipa), "goldfish", "Pharaoh's Daughter" (pas de deux with E. Gelzer), "Raymond," "Swan Lake," "The Enchanted Lake" , "Salammbo," "The Little Humpbacked Horse", "La Fille Mal Gardee", etc.
Goleizovsky On memoirs, in his youth, he studied at the school of painting artist M. B. LeBlanc , practicing in the studio G. B. Yakulov in the sculpture studio Popov's of applied arts, where he studied English, French, Polish and Persian languages, attended drama and directing course at the Moscow Philharmonic, he learned to play the violin and piano with Professor D. C. Crane, participated in student debates on issues of public interest, he wrote poems, which read in concert Vladimir Maksimov, and poetic ballet libretto (while for other choreographers) - for example, "Aziade", "Tale of the Arabian Nights," "Choreography Poem "in one act with a prologue, and" Flowers of Granada "for MM Mordkin. Poems published in magazines Goleizovsky "Dawn", "artistic world", "Theatre". Compiled poetry collection "Svetogrozdya».
the Bolshoi theater is often Goleizovsky had to dance exactly the same variations in exactly the same ballets. By 1909 is the first independent choreographer Goleizovsky opus - "Dance to the letter." In 1910 he directed "Dancing crazy" in their own performance. During the First World War, spoke at benefit concerts and parties.
choreographic career began in 1915 in the Moscow Theater of Miniatures (Intimate Theatre (Petrograd Theater BS Nevolina, while working in Moscow), Mamonovsky theater miniatures, theater-cabaret "Die Fledermaus"), reinterpreting a tradition of academic ballet and progressive quest of Isadora Duncan, Fokine, Gorsky. In 1916 he choreographed "goat-footed" I. Szasz and "Selecting the Bride" M. Kuzmin. By 1917 Goleizovsky was already very popular as a choreographer pop genre.
first steps in the field of pedagogy by Studio M. Mordkin in 1916. In the same year established his own studio, which in 1916-1925 many times changed the name, the most famous of them - "Moscow Chamber Ballet." Studio was attached to various organizations - that to TeMusek (theater and music section of the Moscow Soviet of Workers 'and Soldiers' Deputies), by the Children's Theatre, is the circus, but the core remains work to create a dance theater. It was a professional ballet studio, which included many of the dancers of the Bolshoi Theatre, constituted the core of the team: Abramova, LM Bank, S. Bohm, ED Vigilio, W. Golubin, V. Efimov, E. Ilyushchenko, VV Kudryavtsev, ED Lena, V. Likhachev, M. Martynova, L. Mackiewicz, AM Messerer, TA Miroslavskaya, BV Pletnev, NB Podgoretskaya, N. Tarasov, VI Tsaplin. In the studio, K. Goleizovsky implemented most of its innovations: they were delivered "Sonata death and movement" to the music of Scriabin (1918), ballet for children "Sand oldies" music on the team (mostly pieces from the "Children's Album" R. Schuman, 1918) and "Max and Moritz" to music studies Schytte L. (1919), "Harlequinade" to music by Chaminade, (1919), "Salome" with music by Richard Strauss (1922), "Faun" to music Claude Debussy (1922), "fleeting" to music by Prokofiev (1922), "Eccentric Dance" music on the team, (1923), "Essays pure classics" to the music of Chopin (1924), Spanish Dance (1918 - 1924), choreographic sketches, concert performances. Choreographic work program Goleizovsky was raised in 1919 for the Bolshoi Ballet Nikolai Tcherepnin's "Masque of the Red Death" (ballet never saw the light rail).
Looking own handwriting dabbled in different style directions: to revive a culture of ancient sculpture, creating impressionistic sketches of music by Claude Debussy, Scriabin, I. Albeniz, E. Granados, Nikolai Medtner, turned to methods eccentrics and slapstick comedy dell'arte. Attaching ballet to Scriabin and thus opening new ground for ballet music Goleizovsky sought and new means of expression, largely unfamiliar to those who have been brought up on the principles of academic ballet. Choreographer greatly enlarged vocabulary of dance vocabulary of the original motion, the support elements of acrobatics, developed new compositional techniques and principles for the use of stage space. Staged at different venues, he collaborated with VE Meyerhold and AY Tairov.
in 1925 set in the Experimental Theatre ( branch of the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow) ballet SN Vasilenko "Joseph the Beautiful", which encompasses all the best that has been prepared by the preceding stage of its activity. All the terms of the ballet - the choreography, music, visual solution (artist B. Erdman), performance art - reached here harmony. Along with "Joseph the Beautiful" was the ballet "Teolinda" to the music of Franz Schubert, also delivered Goleizovsky.
In 1925, after the termination of the Moscow Chamber Ballet, being without its own troupe continued Goleizovsky collaboration with the masters of the Bolshoi Theatre: put them to the ballet "Lola" SN Vasilenko (1926, not implemented), "Carmen" at the music B. Baer (1926, not implemented), "Evening performances Kasian Goleizovsky" (1927) "Tornado" to the music of B. Baer (1927). He worked with new ballet companies in Moscow, including a ballet "tricksy" to the music of Franz Schubert for the studio "drambaleta" (1928), etc. He created choreographic miniatures and concerts to ballet dancers and singers. In 1928-1929 he worked in the Moscow and Leningrad Music Hall.
was choreographer in the film "Aelita" (1924) and "Puppets" (1934) JA Protazanov " The Circus "(1936) and" Spring "(1947) G. Alexandrov.
was a gifted artist in his early years he often created costumes and sets for their productions. In 1918 he exhibited his work at the exhibition of the Society VII "free creativity" in Moscow, which was attended by well-known artists and sculptors A. Shevchenko , C. Erzya , I. Alekseev , B. Bogolyubov , D. Burliuk , B. Evreinov , B. Khvostenko , A. B. Grishchenko , etc. He was one of the organizers (along with IV Alekseev) exhibition "Ballet and Dance", held in May 1921 in Moscow. On this exhibition features 35 sketches Goleizovsky ballet costumes, and posters. The exhibition was attended Alexander A. Benoit , A. Golovin , IV Alexeev, C. Yutkevich , P. Mac , B. Chekhonin , N. B. Sinezubov , etc. The major part of the exhibits were lithographs, engravings and photographs, in addition, the exhibition shows the old lithographs and engravings from private collections, mainly IV Alekseev Bakhrushin and K . J. Goleizovsky. In 1926, participated in the second exhibition "Art of Movement" in Moscow, organized Choreological GAKhN Laboratory, and the Russian Association of ritmistov Photographic Society, exhibited "Studies Movement" (cat. № 361-370), terracotta figurines of dancers (cat. № 372-380 ) and photographs of productions.
the years, collaborated with artists G. A. Pozhidaeva , BR Erdman, A. Musatov , Anatoly A. G. Petritsky , SI Yutkevich and others used the first time in a ballet set design, which give the opportunity to show choreographer human figures vividly, in various, often unexpected angles, using unusual combinations of bodies. Often the scenery as such was not, stage design was seen as part of the dance songs.
In the 1930s, paid tribute to the traditions of the great performances of classical ballet ("Sleeping Beauty" by Tchaikovsky, 1935 Kharkov), the principles of ballet-drama ("Fountain of Bakhchisarai" Asafiev by Alexander Pushkin, 1939, Minsk). During these years, turned to the study and rethink dance folklore, especially Russian and Eastern peoples ("Dancing nationalities", 1932, "The picture of dancing peoples of the USSR," 1935).
Collaborated with ballet schools, including concert performances staged for LHU (1934, 1936) and ballets for moss - "Santa's Christmas Tree" to music by K. Potapova (1942, Vasilsursk), "Son Dremovich" to music by NK Chemberdzhi (1943). Was director of large-scale athletic parades (1938, 1939, 1940), live in different rooms of song and dance. In 1940 became the chief choreographer of Song and Dance Ensemble of the NKVD.
took part in the organization of the national art of decades of Soviet republics in Moscow (Uzbekistan and Belarus, 1937, Tajik, 1940 Lithuania, 1941). Created the first national ballet on a contemporary theme, built on Tajik dance ethnography - "Doo Ghoul" ("Two Roses") to music by S. Lena (Tajik theater, Dushanbe, 1941). Simultaneously the stage processing of folklore that is different from the previous years searching stylized, turning to the originals folk dance culture. This is reflected, in particular, in the productions of the ballet "The Fountain of Bakhchisarai" separate dances and scenes in "Don Quixote" (ed. M. Gabovich, Bolshoi Theatre, 1942), choreographed film "Polovtsian Dances" from the opera Pastur . Borodin's "Prince Igor" (Bolshoi Theatre, 1934).
In later years Goleizovsky stayed true associativity choreographic language, its metaphorical lexical discoveries of previous years ("Evening of Choreographic Miniatures", moss, 1959, 1960-1962 concerts by young artists of the Bolshoi Theater, "Skryabiniana" Grand Theatre, 1962 "fleeting" to music. C. Prokofiev group "Young Ballet", 1968).
Goleizovsky The last ballet at the Bolshoi Theater - "Layla and Majnun" Balasanyan SA (1964) - Classic organically connect with free plastic and artisan.
Honored Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1940), Honored Artist of the Lithuanian SSR (1954).
Choreographic Miniatures Goleizovsky filmed in television concerts ("choreographic symphony" 1971; "fleeting", 1985), the film-ballet "Skryabiniana" (1971). Creativity Goleizovsky devoted documentary "Reflections on the ballet" (1965), the movie "choreographic images Kasian Goleizovsky" (1990).
author of "Images of Russian folk dance" (Moscow, 1964) .
died in Moscow on May 4, 1970.
See theater schedule KY Goleizovsky to 27 December 2012 will be on display «Artists Theatre Kasian Goleizovsky. 1918-1932 » in the gallery" Elysium ».
Source : Materials Gallery« Elysium »
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 23.11.2017 What kind of pictures gives Putin Paintings — is one of the most frequent gifts that the President gives for the camera. In the week he congratulated the Patriarch on his birthday, again giving a picture — with the decoration of the assumption Cathedral of the Kremlin. Remember that even Putin gave famous people
- 23.11.2017 Estonian post released a stamp with a painting of the sixties Hulot Sooster The stamp on the envelope Estonian designer has placed a reproduction of the painting "Fairy tale forest" in 1962 the brush of the legendary sixties from Sretenskaya group
- 22.11.2017 Of the French Museum stole the painting Giorgio de Chirico "Composition with self-portrait" was stolen from the Museum of Fabrega in Beziers in the South of France
- 15.11.2017 Russia's only canvas by Caravaggio cleared from bad edits The Hermitage painting "Young man with a lute (the lute player") returned to the St. Petersburg Museum after two years of restoration and cleaning
- 07.11.2017 The Tretyakov gallery has presented work Helium Korzheva A meeting of 33 picturesque and graphic works 2 Helium Korzheva was donated to the Museum by the collector Vladimir Nekrasov
- 24.11.2017 Contemporary art at auction "Russian enamel" November 29 In the catalogue of 114 lots (paintings, drawings, photography, objects, sculpture), totaling more than 11 million rubles. Price range of works — from 700 to 7 700 000 rubles
- 21.11.2017 Auction # 20 in the "Antique book club" At the first session of play graphics, painting, posters and postcards, the second — book rarity. Pre-show open
- 21.11.2017 Opened 205-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eleven paintings, four sheets of original graphics and five works executed in mixed media
- 17.11.2017 In the footsteps of great expeditions and discoveries... November 23 auction house "Russian enamel" will hold with "Expedition" a joint auction. The event will be held in the restaurant of the Russian North "Expedition" Singing in the alley
- 17.11.2017 Rare books, manuscripts, autographs and photographs at auction "In the Nikita" In the directory — 489 lots. The auction will be held on November 23. Auction start at 19:00
- 24.11.2017 7.5 times higher than the start of a rare icon in the art Nouveau style at the auction "Russian enamel" The hammer price of the icon "St. George the victorious" has reached 450 thousand. from the start of 60 thousand. These and other results of the auction of Russian and Western European art of the 18th Nov in our review
- 21.11.2017 Soviet unofficial art in "Auction No. 1" on November 18. A brief summary The auction catalog of 142-х lots were sold almost 40% and brought a total of slightly more than 4 million rubles
- 21.11.2017 Picture of David Shterenberg in 12 times exceeded the estimate at the auction "Russian enamel" 3.2 million rubles were paid for the "portrait" painted by David Shterenberg (1881-1948) at the start from 250 thousand. A total auction of paintings, graphics and decorative-прикладного art in "Russian enamel" November 16, brought more than 8 million rubles
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive artists in the world. Top auction results The rating of the most expensive artists in the world headed by Leonardo Da Vinci, and ends with Paul Cezanne. The difference in price between the first and last positions of the ranking of the top-19 — 389,8 million dollars
- 16.11.2017 The most expensive sculptures in the world. Rating Argued that the sculpture is always cheaper than the picture... It is not. Three-dimensional works are also able to bring are just mind-blowing amount!
- 23.11.2017 Vechtomov, Plavinsky, Grositsky and other... From 29 November to 29 December, the gallery "Dolgorukovskaya, 29" and Alexander Mironov represent art-проект "Us(R)taught to life"
- 16.11.2017 In the Tretyakov gallery opens exhibition of Saryan A large exhibition in Lavrushinsky lane will present 29 beautiful works of Martiros Sergeyevich Saryan (1880-1972) from the collections of the state Tretyakov gallery, the National gallery of Armenia and at Home-музея of Martiros Saryan in Yerevan
- 14.11.2017 "Quitprogram" gallery "vellum" In the framework of the "Quitprogram" will be held an exhibition "Symbolism and non-conformism", a concert of Alexei Paperny, the lecture of Valery Dudakov
- 14.11.2017 The exhibition El Lissitzky opens in two museums Today, 14 November the opening of the exhibitions of El Lissitzky in the State Tretyakov gallery on the Crimean Shaft and in the Jewish Museum and tolerance center
- 09.11.2017 Sean Scully in the Multimedia Art Museum In Moscow, the Museum of the artist, is a retrospective of the international stars of contemporary art Sean Scully. The exhibition show of abstraction, created in 1960-х years
Login for subscribers
- 1. Alberto Giacometti$141,7 million
- 2. Damien Hirst$100 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$70,7 million
- 4. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 5. Unknown artist$57.2 million
- 6. Henri Matisse$48,8 million
- 7. Constantin Brâncuși$37,2 million
- 8. Paul Gauguin$30,96 million
- 9. Henry Moore$30,1 million
- 10. Willem de Kooning$29,28 million
- 11. Pablo Picasso$29,2 million
- 12. Unknown artist$28,6 million
- 13. Louise Bourgeois$28.16 million
- 14. Adrian de Vries$27,9 million
- 15. Alexander Calder$25,9 million
- 16. Unknown artist$23,826 million
- 17. David Smith$23,816 million
- 18. Yves Klein$22 million
- 19. Auguste Rodin$20,41 million
- 20. Unknown artist$19,1 million
- 21. Edgar Degas$18,82 million
- 22. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 23. Unknown artist$16,88 million
- 24. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 25. Donald Judd$14,16 million
- 26. Unknown artist$11,64 million
- 27. Antonio Canova$11,5 million
- 28. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million
- 29. Aristide Maillol$8,32 million
- 30. Unknown artist$8,146 million
- 31. Cy Twombly$7,7 million
- 32. Julio Gonzalez$7,45 million
- 33. Marino Marini$7,15 million
- 34. Urs Fischer$6,8 million