Artist of the week: Kasian Goleizovsky
ARTinvestment.RU 07 декабря 2012
Few people know that the world-famous choreographer, one of the most prominent artists of the Bolshoi Theatre of Kiev Goleizovsky Kassian was a talented theater artist and left a legacy of significant graphic
Kasian Goleizovsky. 1920
choreographer, dancer and theater artist Kassian Yaroslavich Goleizovsky born February 22 (March 7) 1892 in Moscow into a family of artists of the Bolshoi Theatre.
From 1900 he studied at the Moscow Theatre School (teachers in classical dance - NP Domashev later Tikhomirov and M. Mordkin). In the season 1906/1907 transferred to the St. Petersburg Theater School, where he graduated in 1909 (teachers MK Obukhov, S. K. Andrianov). In 1907 he took lessons at eleven A. Duncan. She also supplied the Goleizovsky "Dancing with the sword" to the music of one of the Chopin preludes.
final performance on "Seasons" to music. Tchaikovsky, prepared by Fokin, a partner Goleizovsky Fokine student EM Luke.
After graduating from college was enlisted in the Mariinsky Theater troupe, but soon iskhlopotal currently translated in Moscow Bolshoi Theatre. He served in the Grand Theatre from 1909 to 1918. Participated in the experimental productions Gorsky. Played roles in productions of "Sleeping Beauty" (choreographer Marius Petipa), "goldfish", "Pharaoh's Daughter" (pas de deux with E. Gelzer), "Raymond," "Swan Lake," "The Enchanted Lake" , "Salammbo," "The Little Humpbacked Horse", "La Fille Mal Gardee", etc.
Goleizovsky On memoirs, in his youth, he studied at the school of painting artist M. B. LeBlanc , practicing in the studio G. B. Yakulov in the sculpture studio Popov's of applied arts, where he studied English, French, Polish and Persian languages, attended drama and directing course at the Moscow Philharmonic, he learned to play the violin and piano with Professor D. C. Crane, participated in student debates on issues of public interest, he wrote poems, which read in concert Vladimir Maksimov, and poetic ballet libretto (while for other choreographers) - for example, "Aziade", "Tale of the Arabian Nights," "Choreography Poem "in one act with a prologue, and" Flowers of Granada "for MM Mordkin. Poems published in magazines Goleizovsky "Dawn", "artistic world", "Theatre". Compiled poetry collection "Svetogrozdya».
the Bolshoi theater is often Goleizovsky had to dance exactly the same variations in exactly the same ballets. By 1909 is the first independent choreographer Goleizovsky opus - "Dance to the letter." In 1910 he directed "Dancing crazy" in their own performance. During the First World War, spoke at benefit concerts and parties.
choreographic career began in 1915 in the Moscow Theater of Miniatures (Intimate Theatre (Petrograd Theater BS Nevolina, while working in Moscow), Mamonovsky theater miniatures, theater-cabaret "Die Fledermaus"), reinterpreting a tradition of academic ballet and progressive quest of Isadora Duncan, Fokine, Gorsky. In 1916 he choreographed "goat-footed" I. Szasz and "Selecting the Bride" M. Kuzmin. By 1917 Goleizovsky was already very popular as a choreographer pop genre.
first steps in the field of pedagogy by Studio M. Mordkin in 1916. In the same year established his own studio, which in 1916-1925 many times changed the name, the most famous of them - "Moscow Chamber Ballet." Studio was attached to various organizations - that to TeMusek (theater and music section of the Moscow Soviet of Workers 'and Soldiers' Deputies), by the Children's Theatre, is the circus, but the core remains work to create a dance theater. It was a professional ballet studio, which included many of the dancers of the Bolshoi Theatre, constituted the core of the team: Abramova, LM Bank, S. Bohm, ED Vigilio, W. Golubin, V. Efimov, E. Ilyushchenko, VV Kudryavtsev, ED Lena, V. Likhachev, M. Martynova, L. Mackiewicz, AM Messerer, TA Miroslavskaya, BV Pletnev, NB Podgoretskaya, N. Tarasov, VI Tsaplin. In the studio, K. Goleizovsky implemented most of its innovations: they were delivered "Sonata death and movement" to the music of Scriabin (1918), ballet for children "Sand oldies" music on the team (mostly pieces from the "Children's Album" R. Schuman, 1918) and "Max and Moritz" to music studies Schytte L. (1919), "Harlequinade" to music by Chaminade, (1919), "Salome" with music by Richard Strauss (1922), "Faun" to music Claude Debussy (1922), "fleeting" to music by Prokofiev (1922), "Eccentric Dance" music on the team, (1923), "Essays pure classics" to the music of Chopin (1924), Spanish Dance (1918 - 1924), choreographic sketches, concert performances. Choreographic work program Goleizovsky was raised in 1919 for the Bolshoi Ballet Nikolai Tcherepnin's "Masque of the Red Death" (ballet never saw the light rail).
Looking own handwriting dabbled in different style directions: to revive a culture of ancient sculpture, creating impressionistic sketches of music by Claude Debussy, Scriabin, I. Albeniz, E. Granados, Nikolai Medtner, turned to methods eccentrics and slapstick comedy dell'arte. Attaching ballet to Scriabin and thus opening new ground for ballet music Goleizovsky sought and new means of expression, largely unfamiliar to those who have been brought up on the principles of academic ballet. Choreographer greatly enlarged vocabulary of dance vocabulary of the original motion, the support elements of acrobatics, developed new compositional techniques and principles for the use of stage space. Staged at different venues, he collaborated with VE Meyerhold and AY Tairov.
in 1925 set in the Experimental Theatre ( branch of the Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow) ballet SN Vasilenko "Joseph the Beautiful", which encompasses all the best that has been prepared by the preceding stage of its activity. All the terms of the ballet - the choreography, music, visual solution (artist B. Erdman), performance art - reached here harmony. Along with "Joseph the Beautiful" was the ballet "Teolinda" to the music of Franz Schubert, also delivered Goleizovsky.
In 1925, after the termination of the Moscow Chamber Ballet, being without its own troupe continued Goleizovsky collaboration with the masters of the Bolshoi Theatre: put them to the ballet "Lola" SN Vasilenko (1926, not implemented), "Carmen" at the music B. Baer (1926, not implemented), "Evening performances Kasian Goleizovsky" (1927) "Tornado" to the music of B. Baer (1927). He worked with new ballet companies in Moscow, including a ballet "tricksy" to the music of Franz Schubert for the studio "drambaleta" (1928), etc. He created choreographic miniatures and concerts to ballet dancers and singers. In 1928-1929 he worked in the Moscow and Leningrad Music Hall.
was choreographer in the film "Aelita" (1924) and "Puppets" (1934) JA Protazanov " The Circus "(1936) and" Spring "(1947) G. Alexandrov.
was a gifted artist in his early years he often created costumes and sets for their productions. In 1918 he exhibited his work at the exhibition of the Society VII "free creativity" in Moscow, which was attended by well-known artists and sculptors A. Shevchenko , C. Erzya , I. Alekseev , B. Bogolyubov , D. Burliuk , B. Evreinov , B. Khvostenko , A. B. Grishchenko , etc. He was one of the organizers (along with IV Alekseev) exhibition "Ballet and Dance", held in May 1921 in Moscow. On this exhibition features 35 sketches Goleizovsky ballet costumes, and posters. The exhibition was attended Alexander A. Benoit , A. Golovin , IV Alexeev, C. Yutkevich , P. Mac , B. Chekhonin , N. B. Sinezubov , etc. The major part of the exhibits were lithographs, engravings and photographs, in addition, the exhibition shows the old lithographs and engravings from private collections, mainly IV Alekseev Bakhrushin and K . J. Goleizovsky. In 1926, participated in the second exhibition "Art of Movement" in Moscow, organized Choreological GAKhN Laboratory, and the Russian Association of ritmistov Photographic Society, exhibited "Studies Movement" (cat. № 361-370), terracotta figurines of dancers (cat. № 372-380 ) and photographs of productions.
the years, collaborated with artists G. A. Pozhidaeva , BR Erdman, A. Musatov , Anatoly A. G. Petritsky , SI Yutkevich and others used the first time in a ballet set design, which give the opportunity to show choreographer human figures vividly, in various, often unexpected angles, using unusual combinations of bodies. Often the scenery as such was not, stage design was seen as part of the dance songs.
In the 1930s, paid tribute to the traditions of the great performances of classical ballet ("Sleeping Beauty" by Tchaikovsky, 1935 Kharkov), the principles of ballet-drama ("Fountain of Bakhchisarai" Asafiev by Alexander Pushkin, 1939, Minsk). During these years, turned to the study and rethink dance folklore, especially Russian and Eastern peoples ("Dancing nationalities", 1932, "The picture of dancing peoples of the USSR," 1935).
Collaborated with ballet schools, including concert performances staged for LHU (1934, 1936) and ballets for moss - "Santa's Christmas Tree" to music by K. Potapova (1942, Vasilsursk), "Son Dremovich" to music by NK Chemberdzhi (1943). Was director of large-scale athletic parades (1938, 1939, 1940), live in different rooms of song and dance. In 1940 became the chief choreographer of Song and Dance Ensemble of the NKVD.
took part in the organization of the national art of decades of Soviet republics in Moscow (Uzbekistan and Belarus, 1937, Tajik, 1940 Lithuania, 1941). Created the first national ballet on a contemporary theme, built on Tajik dance ethnography - "Doo Ghoul" ("Two Roses") to music by S. Lena (Tajik theater, Dushanbe, 1941). Simultaneously the stage processing of folklore that is different from the previous years searching stylized, turning to the originals folk dance culture. This is reflected, in particular, in the productions of the ballet "The Fountain of Bakhchisarai" separate dances and scenes in "Don Quixote" (ed. M. Gabovich, Bolshoi Theatre, 1942), choreographed film "Polovtsian Dances" from the opera Pastur . Borodin's "Prince Igor" (Bolshoi Theatre, 1934).
In later years Goleizovsky stayed true associativity choreographic language, its metaphorical lexical discoveries of previous years ("Evening of Choreographic Miniatures", moss, 1959, 1960-1962 concerts by young artists of the Bolshoi Theater, "Skryabiniana" Grand Theatre, 1962 "fleeting" to music. C. Prokofiev group "Young Ballet", 1968).
Goleizovsky The last ballet at the Bolshoi Theater - "Layla and Majnun" Balasanyan SA (1964) - Classic organically connect with free plastic and artisan.
Honored Artist of the Byelorussian SSR (1940), Honored Artist of the Lithuanian SSR (1954).
Choreographic Miniatures Goleizovsky filmed in television concerts ("choreographic symphony" 1971; "fleeting", 1985), the film-ballet "Skryabiniana" (1971). Creativity Goleizovsky devoted documentary "Reflections on the ballet" (1965), the movie "choreographic images Kasian Goleizovsky" (1990).
author of "Images of Russian folk dance" (Moscow, 1964) .
died in Moscow on May 4, 1970.
See theater schedule KY Goleizovsky to 27 December 2012 will be on display «Artists Theatre Kasian Goleizovsky. 1918-1932 » in the gallery" Elysium ».
Source : Materials Gallery« Elysium »
When quoting reference to the https://artinvestment.ru without fail
- 21.03.2017 "Unknown masterpieces" from private collections will be shown at the Cultural Forum in the Arena Moscow cultural forum will take place in the Central Arena from March 24 to 26. The public can visit it for free. The business program will be accompanied by performances of famous people, and at least one interesting exhibition
- 20.03.2017 Vandal attacked with a screwdriver on the painting by Gainsborough in the National gallery 63-летний homeless Keith Gregory managed to make two long scratches on the painting "Morning stroll" painted by Thomas Gainsborough
- 20.03.2017 Russian artist led the first Antarctic Biennale A sociocultural expedition, devised by our Alexander Ponomarev, finally-то started. 16 March 2017 from the Argentine port of Ushuaia towards Antarctica came research vessel "Akademik Sergey Vavilov" with the artists on Board
- 10.03.2017 Medina will provide bloggers with free entrance to museums In theaters online-писателей, too, will be admitted free. It seems that the cultural authorities began to suspect that a youth TV it is not the assistant
- 10.03.2017 Kandinsky painting I would like the court to Rob German Bank On the famous painting of 1907 "Colorful life" claimed by the heirs of the prewar owners. Now the painting is owned Bank of Bavaria, who rents it out to a Museum in Munich Lenbachhaus
- 28.03.2017 Painting by CY Twombly with an estimate $55 million put up for auction The painting "Leda and the Swan" promises to be one of the top-лотов auction of postwar and contemporary art Christie's may 17, in new-Йорке
- 28.03.2017 Books, autographs and stuff at the auction "KABINET" on March 30 March 30 auction house "KABINET" will hold the dealer auction, which will feature 455 lots, antique books, autographs, photographs, posters and postcards
- 22.03.2017 House of antique books "In the Nikita" invites auction # 90 March 30, will auction "Russian painting, graphics, decorative-прикладное art XVIII–XX centuries Autographs, historical documents, rare books on art, photography. From the collections of M. V. Ratz, I. V. Ilyinsky, E. Gollerbakh, A. T. Tvardovsky"
- 20.03.2017 Open 170-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eleven paintings and six of the original sheets, one draw composition and one work, executed in mixed media
- 17.03.2017 Jubilee auction "Russian enamel" March 25 auction house "KABINET" will hold two sessions 50th anniversary-х auction, which will feature rare books, autographs, photographs, postcards, paintings and drawings. In the auction catalogue of over 400 lots for a total sum about 30 million roubles
- 24.03.2017 National standard "Examination of works of art. Paintings and drawings. General requirements" (GOST R 57424-2017) In nestandarta first lists the requirements for expert opinion as to the document with the list of information which it must operate. National standard examination of art promulgated by Order of the Federal Agency for technical regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) №176-ст from 22 March 2017.
- 24.03.2017 Gogol for 6.5 million and Lermontov 3. Results 49-го auction "Russian enamel" Next Saturday's auction brought in almost 22 million rubles. With the hammer went about 53 % of the lots
- 23.03.2017 "Russian enamel": the new site was a happy one The results of the first auction "Russian enamel" in the new building on the Garden-Кудринской: sold 61% by lots and 79% for the money
- 16.03.2017 The picture of Alexander Gerasimov went for 3.7 million rubles. at auction "Russian enamel" on March 4 Just last auction of Russian and Western European art brought more than 13 million rubles With hammer away 47 % of the lots
- 10.03.2017 Revolution and international women's day: a brief summary of the auction "KABINET" on March 2 Sold out posters of the Civil war period and the first years of Soviet power. Collection of Felix Medvedev brought to 138 % of the average total estimate
- 24.03.2017 "An artist's model in the camera lens" The exhibition in the Tretyakov gallery (Lavrushinsky pereulok) will introduce with 45 portraits of the muses of Russian artists of second half XIX — beginning of the XX century
- 24.03.2017 The exhibition of Georgy Vereisky opens in the Russian Museum From 30 March to 15 may in the Mikhailovsky castle will host the first major exhibition of Soviet graphic classics by G. S. Vereisky (1886-1962). Will be presented about 150 works from the collection of timing
- 22.03.2017 Pushkin will hold an exhibition of Giorgio Morandi Exhibition of about 70 paintings and watercolors of Giorgio Morandi (1890-1964) from world famous museums and private collections opens at the art Gallery of Europe and America on April 25 and will last until mid-September
- 22.03.2017 The Faberge Museum will host a major exhibition of Salvador Dali More than 150 paintings and graphic works of Dali will be shown in the private fabergé Museum in Saint-Петербурге
- 20.03.2017 Andy Warhol in the state Darwin Museum Vavilova street In 1983, the king of pop-арта performed a series of ten serigraphs of "Endangered species" — with images of animals under threat of extinction. Among them was the Siberian tiger. Now these works were first shown in Russia
Login for subscribers
- 1. Mark Rothko$86,83 million
- 2. Kazimir Malevich$60,00 million
- 3. Chaim Soutine$28,16 million
- 4. Wassily Kandinsky$23,3 million
- 5. Alexei Jawlensky$18,59 million
- 6. Marc Chagall$14,85 million
- 7. Valentin Serov$14,51 million
- 8. Nicholas Roerich$12,09 million
- 9. Natalia Goncharova$10,88 million
- 10. Nicolai Fechin$10,84 million
- 11. Nicolas de Staël$9,42 million
- 12. Tamara de Lempicka$8,48 million
- 13. Ilya Repin$7,43 million
- 14. Konstantin Somov$7,33 million
- 15. Ilya Mashkov$7,25 million
- 16. Boris Kustodiev$7,07 million
- 17. Vasily Polenov$6,34 million
- 18. Yuri Annenkov$6,27 million
- 19. Vasily Vereshchagin$6,15 million
- 20. Zinaida Serebriakova$5,85 million
- 21. Ilya Kabakov$5,83 million
- 22. Alexander Yakovlev$5,56 million
- 23. Wladimir Baranoff-Rossine$5,37 million
- 24. Ivan Aivazovsky$5,34 million
- 25. Vladimir Borovikovsky$5,02 million
- 26. Alexander Rodchenko$4,5 million
- 27. Sonia Delaunay$4,34 million
- 28. Mikhail Nesterov$4,30 million
- 29. Konstantin Makovsky$4,20 million
- 30. Vera Rockline$4,04 million
- 31. Paul Kuznecov$3,97 million
- 32. Boris Grigoriev$3,72 million