BRODSKY Isaak Izrailevich
Painter, graphic artist
Nanny with children 1 505 880 USD
Продано в 2009 году
New Moon 427 314 USD
Продано в 2012 году
Портрет Климента Ворошилова в кабинете 185 000 USD
Продано в 2008 году
The Luxembourg Gardens in spring 184 631 USD
Продано в 2012 году
Autumn Landscape 114 329 USD
Продано в 2011 году
View of Grenada 103 818 USD
Продано в 2005 году
Бродский, Исаак Израилевич
BRODSKY Isaak Izrailevich
Painter, graphic artist
Isaak Brodsky was born to a family of tradesmen. In 1896–1902 he studied at Odessa art school under the Society for Encouragement of Fine Arts; he studied under the guidance of G. A. Ladyzhensky, K. K. Kostandi and L. D. Iorini. In 1902 Brodsky moved to St. Petersburg, entered the Higher Art Institute of painting, sculpture and architecture under the Imperial Academy of Arts (IAKh). Till 1903 he studied under Y. F. Tsionglinsky, later — in the studio of I. E. Repin. Since 1904 he exposed his works at the Spring exhibitions of IAKh. He also took part in the exhibitions of the New Society of Artists (1905) and Leonardo da Vinci society. Brodsky lived in St. Petersburg (Petrograd, Leningrad). Since 1906 he made trips to Pskov for creative work every year.
In 1908 Brodsky was conferred title of artist and awarded pensioner trip for the paintings Warm day and Portrait of L. M. Brodskaya. In 1909–1910 he made trips to Europe and Asia Minor as a pensioner of IAKh. In 1911 he visited Capri, where he stayed with Maxim Gorky.
In 1908 Brodsky joined the group Obshchina Khudozhnikov (“Artist Community”), in 1910 — the Society of South Russian Artists and the Union of Russian Artists; he took part in the exhibitions of the Union from 1908 till 1918. In 1909 Brodsky exposed his works at the exhibition of Moscow Society of Art Lovers, in 1911 — at the exhibition of the group Mir Iskusstva (“World of Art”) and the World exhibition in Rome. In the same year he was awarded the prize of the Society for the Encouragement of the Arts for the painting Fairy tale. In 1913 he was awarded gold medal for the paintings Late autumn and Winter at the International art exhibition in Munich.
In 1911–1912 Brodsky collaborated with the magazine Vershina (“Height”); he was responsible for design of this magazine. During summer months of 1912 and 1915, he lived and worked in Kuokkala. In 1916–1917 he exposed his paintings at the exhibitions of the Society of Travelling Art Exhibitions (TPKhV).
After October Revolution 1917, Brodsky became one of the founders of the art group Shestnadtsat (“Sixteen”). In 1920–1922 he participated in activities of the House of Arts in Petrograd. In 1921 the first personal exhibition of the master was held in Leningrad. In 1924 Brodsky’s painting The 2nd Congress of the Comintern (the Communist International) was exposed in the State Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow. In 1924 Brodsky joined the Association of the artists of Revolutionary Russia (AKhRR), in 1928 — the Society of painters, in 1930 — the group Tsekh Zhivopistsev (“The guild of painters”). In 1926 he visited Repin in Kuokkala. In 1930s he made several trips through the Soviet Union.
In 1929 the personal exhibition of the artist was held in Leningrad, and was dedicated to the 50th anniversary of his creative work. Brodsky worked by government orders; in 1930s he painted portraits of V. I. Lenin, I. V. Stalin, and M. Gorky. In 1932 he was invited as a professor at Leningrad Institute of painting, sculpture and architecture. In the same year he was conferred title of the Honoured Art Worker of RSFSR (Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic). In 1934 he was appointed director of the All-Russian Academy of Arts. In 1937 the painter was awarded Grand Prix at the World Exhibition in Paris for the painting Speech of V. I. Lenin at the Putilov Plant (1929).
Retrospective exhibitions of Brodsky’s works were organized in 1941 in the State Russian Museum (1941), in the halls of the USSR Academy of Arts in Leningrad and in Moscow (1954–1955, 1974–1975, 1983–1984). The artist’s memoirs My creative way was published in 1965.
Isaak Brodsky was one of the leading representatives of the realism in Russian (Soviet) art of the first half of the 20th century. His early works of 1900s–1910s were close to art nouveau. They were characterized by decorative style, bright colors, small strokes, fine lines, and detailed composition of image. Brodsky painted portraits, landscapes and genre paintings in traditions of Russian realistic art school of the second half of the 19th century — the beginning of the 20th century.
In 1920s–1930s Brodsky painted compositions on history of Revolution, portraits of leaders in realism manner with restrained colors.
Works by Isaak Brodsky are in many museum and private collections, including the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State Russian Museum, and the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts.
There is the Museum-apartment of Brodsky in St. Petersburg. The exposition of the Museum consists of the works by the artist and pieces of art from his large collection.
- 14.08.2020 Face mask for $1.5 million In this sum cost the unnamed "billionaire from Shanghai" ordering a mask of gold and diamonds from the jewelry company Yvel
- 14.08.2020 A special contract for buyers of art of authors of African descent For fight against speculators, Christie's has developed a list of conditions of purchase
- 13.08.2020 Cultural institution in the U.S. last year spent $7.9 billion This year a repeat result is not obtained – loss of art-индустрии the United States already amounted to $150 billion And this is not the final figure
- 13.08.2020 Biography Yayoi Kusama will be released as a graphic novel With the history of one of the most successful contemporary artists in the form of a comic book will be available from 15 September 2020
- 12.08.2020 The logistics company blames art-дилера in unpaid bills for storage of paintings As compensation, the paintings stored in the warehouse, want to sell under the hammer
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 12.08.2020 Literature: Piroska Dossey. Sold! The book is about the phenomenon of pricing, the original title of which was ahead of its time in a decade
- 07.08.2020 Movies: "the Cool school" The emergence of abstract expressionism on the West coast of the United States the voice of the Big Lebowski
- 30.07.2020 "Russian week" in 2020, London: facts, figures and key findings AI collected basic information at the end of the summer series of Russian sales in London
- 29.07.2020 Literature: Еkaterina Dorozhkina. Zero Budget Marketing A practical book about the importance of marketing in terms of when people and companies have limited resources
- 29.07.2020 Opened 26-й auction "twenty-first century. Contemporary Russian art" The catalogue contains artworks of Seeds Agroskin, Andrey Bisti, Vladimir Brainin, Lidia Vitkovskaya, Dima Goryachkin, Natalia Garnovskii, Igor Kislitsin, Alexander Savko, Andrey Chukanova, Natalia Turnovo.
- 30.07.2020 In Saint-Петербурге opened the exhibition "Artists and collectors — to the Russian Museum. Gifts. 1898-2019. Favorites" The exhibition, held simultaneously on all the main belt, has collected more than 1,500 items donated to the Museum since the founding of the
- 27.07.2020 Fedor Rokotov exhibition opens at Historical Museum of Moscow A collection of works of the famous Russian portrait painter XVIII veka will showcase on 29 July 2020
- 07.07.2020 In the State Tretyakov gallery opened the exhibition "Nevsegda. 1968-1985" Exhibition — part of the trilogy initiated by the project "the Thaw" (2017), will be held at the New Tretyakov gallery from 7 July to 11 October 2020
- 17.06.2020 Exhibition of modern Russian art "Unmoscow" will be held in August in the St. Petersburg Manege Supervisors under the leadership of Antonio Gauzy selected works of 80 authors from different regions of Russia. Part of the exhibits created especially for the exhibition
- 10.06.2020 In Italy after the quarantine was renewed exhibition of "Sfumato" George Cooper Exhibition in the halls of the Academy of fine arts of Florence, dedicated to the 80-летнему anniversary of the artist, will run until 5 July 2020
Login for subscribers
- 1. Leonardo da Vinci$450,3 million
- 2. Pablo Picasso$179,4 million
- 3. Amedeo Modigliani$170,4 million
- 4. Qi Baishi$144 million
- 5. Francis Bacon$142,4 million
- 6. Alberto Giacometti$141,3 million
- 7. Edvard Munch$119,9 million
- 8. Claude Monet$110,7 million
- 9. Jean-Michel Basquiat$110,5 million
- 10. Andy Warhol$105,5 million
- 11. Roy Lichtenstein$95,4 million
- 12. Edward Hopper$91,87 million
- 13. Jeff Koons$91,075 million
- 14. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 15. Robert Rauschenberg$88,8 million
- 16. Gustav Klimt$87,9 million
- 17. Mark Rothko$86,9 million
- 18. Kazimir Malevich$85,81 million
- 19. Barnett Newman$84,2 million
- 20. Vincent van Gogh$82,5 million
- 21. Henri Matisse$80,7 million
- 22. Auguste Renoir$78,1 million
- 23. Peter Paul Rubens$76,7 million
- 24. Konstantin Brancusi$71 million
- 25. Cy Twombly$70,5 million
- 26. Fernand Léger$70,06 million
- 27. Willem de Kooning$68,9 million
- 28. Zao Wou-Ki$65,2 million
- 29. Paul Cezanne$60,5 million