Meller Vadym Georgevich
Stage designer, graphic artist, painter.
born in the family of an official of the Ministry of Justice, a native of Sweden. In 1892-1903 attended various schools in Yerevan, Tbilisi and Kiev. In 1903-1908 he studied at the Kiev Art School and took private lessons with FA Roubaud. Since 1907, cooperated with the newspaper "Thought of Kiev, where publishing his cartoons. In 1908 he moved to Munich, continued his education at the Munich Royal Academy of Arts and Studio G. Knira. From 1912 he lived in Paris, worked in the studio A. Bourdelle. Exhibited his work in spring and autumn salon, salon Independent in Paris.
In 1914 he returned to Kiev, in 1917 he moved to Moscow. In 1918-1919 after a brief stay in Odessa he returned to Kiev. Some time was an assistant in the studio of Alexandra Exter. He worked as a constructivist and cubists-futurists. In 1919 participated in the design of the town for the holidays and the Red Army on May 1. Worked with Bronislava Nijinska, creating sketches of scenery and costumes for its productions, in particular the "Mephisto Waltz" and "Fear».
In 1921-1923 he worked at the Kiev Opera and Ballet Theater. Shevchenko. Since 1922 at the invitation of Les Kurbas designed the productions at the Kiev State Theater Berezil ", among numerous works Muller for this theater set design stands out performances of" Jimmy Higgins "(1922)," The Mikado "(1927) and" Death Squadron "(1933). Collaborated with other theaters of Kyiv, in particular the theater Gnat Mikhailichenko ( "Carnival", 1923).
In 1924-1925 he worked as an artist, movie and book illustrator. In 1925 he was awarded a gold medal at the International Exhibition of modern industrial and decorative arts in Paris. In the same year participated in the International Exhibition of Performing Arts in New York. Some time he taught at the Kiev Art Academy together VE Tatlin and AK Bogomazova. Entry into the Association of Revolutionary Artists of Ukraine.
In 1926, together with the theater troupe "Berezil" went to Kharkov.
After World War II headed the Institute of Painting and Sculpture of the Academy of Arts of Ukraine. In 1948 was appointed chief artist of the Kiev theater of musical comedy. In 1953-1959 headed the art of the theater to them. Ivan Franko in Kiev.
buried at Baikove cemetery in Kiev.
- 21.03.2017 "Unknown masterpieces" from private collections will be shown at the Cultural Forum in the Arena Moscow cultural forum will take place in the Central Arena from March 24 to 26. The public can visit it for free. The business program will be accompanied by performances of famous people, and at least one interesting exhibition
- 20.03.2017 Vandal attacked with a screwdriver on the painting by Gainsborough in the National gallery 63-летний homeless Keith Gregory managed to make two long scratches on the painting "Morning stroll" painted by Thomas Gainsborough
- 20.03.2017 Russian artist led the first Antarctic Biennale A sociocultural expedition, devised by our Alexander Ponomarev, finally-то started. 16 March 2017 from the Argentine port of Ushuaia towards Antarctica came research vessel "Akademik Sergey Vavilov" with the artists on Board
- 10.03.2017 Medina will provide bloggers with free entrance to museums In theaters online-писателей, too, will be admitted free. It seems that the cultural authorities began to suspect that a youth TV it is not the assistant
- 10.03.2017 Kandinsky painting I would like the court to Rob German Bank On the famous painting of 1907 "Colorful life" claimed by the heirs of the prewar owners. Now the painting is owned Bank of Bavaria, who rents it out to a Museum in Munich Lenbachhaus
- 28.03.2017 Painting by CY Twombly with an estimate $55 million put up for auction The painting "Leda and the Swan" promises to be one of the top-лотов auction of postwar and contemporary art Christie's may 17, in new-Йорке
- 28.03.2017 Books, autographs and stuff at the auction "KABINET" on March 30 March 30 auction house "KABINET" will hold the dealer auction, which will feature 455 lots, antique books, autographs, photographs, posters and postcards
- 22.03.2017 House of antique books "In the Nikita" invites auction # 90 March 30, will auction "Russian painting, graphics, decorative-прикладное art XVIII–XX centuries Autographs, historical documents, rare books on art, photography. From the collections of M. V. Ratz, I. V. Ilyinsky, E. Gollerbakh, A. T. Tvardovsky"
- 20.03.2017 Open 170-е the Auction Traditional twenty lots — is eleven paintings and six of the original sheets, one draw composition and one work, executed in mixed media
- 17.03.2017 Jubilee auction "Russian enamel" March 25 auction house "KABINET" will hold two sessions 50th anniversary-х auction, which will feature rare books, autographs, photographs, postcards, paintings and drawings. In the auction catalogue of over 400 lots for a total sum about 30 million roubles
- 24.03.2017 National standard "Examination of works of art. Paintings and drawings. General requirements" (GOST R 57424-2017) In nestandarta first lists the requirements for expert opinion as to the document with the list of information which it must operate. National standard examination of art promulgated by Order of the Federal Agency for technical regulation and Metrology (Rosstandart) №176-ст from 22 March 2017.
- 24.03.2017 Gogol for 6.5 million and Lermontov 3. Results 49-го auction "Russian enamel" Next Saturday's auction brought in almost 22 million rubles. With the hammer went about 53 % of the lots
- 23.03.2017 "Russian enamel": the new site was a happy one The results of the first auction "Russian enamel" in the new building on the Garden-Кудринской: sold 61% by lots and 79% for the money
- 16.03.2017 The picture of Alexander Gerasimov went for 3.7 million rubles. at auction "Russian enamel" on March 4 Just last auction of Russian and Western European art brought more than 13 million rubles With hammer away 47 % of the lots
- 10.03.2017 Revolution and international women's day: a brief summary of the auction "KABINET" on March 2 Sold out posters of the Civil war period and the first years of Soviet power. Collection of Felix Medvedev brought to 138 % of the average total estimate
- 24.03.2017 "An artist's model in the camera lens" The exhibition in the Tretyakov gallery (Lavrushinsky pereulok) will introduce with 45 portraits of the muses of Russian artists of second half XIX — beginning of the XX century
- 24.03.2017 The exhibition of Georgy Vereisky opens in the Russian Museum From 30 March to 15 may in the Mikhailovsky castle will host the first major exhibition of Soviet graphic classics by G. S. Vereisky (1886-1962). Will be presented about 150 works from the collection of timing
- 22.03.2017 Pushkin will hold an exhibition of Giorgio Morandi Exhibition of about 70 paintings and watercolors of Giorgio Morandi (1890-1964) from world famous museums and private collections opens at the art Gallery of Europe and America on April 25 and will last until mid-September
- 22.03.2017 The Faberge Museum will host a major exhibition of Salvador Dali More than 150 paintings and graphic works of Dali will be shown in the private fabergé Museum in Saint-Петербурге
- 20.03.2017 Andy Warhol in the state Darwin Museum Vavilova street In 1983, the king of pop-арта performed a series of ten serigraphs of "Endangered species" — with images of animals under threat of extinction. Among them was the Siberian tiger. Now these works were first shown in Russia
Login for subscribers
- 1. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 2. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 3. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 4. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 5. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 6. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 7. Peter Doig$25,9 million
- 8. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 9. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 10. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 11. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 12. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 13. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 14. Frank Stella$13,69 million
- 15. John Currin$12 million
- 16. David Hockney$11,7 million
- 17. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 18. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 19. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million