Koshelev Nikolay Andreevich
Koshel Nikolai Andreyevich
painter, graphic artist, muralist.
born in the family of a serf. He spent his childhood in Arzamas. In 1851-1853 he studied at the artist-craftsman Davydova in Nizhny Novgorod. In 1856 he moved to Kazan, where he studied for some time at the Italian artist Bothell. He worked in the field of church painting, creating murals and images for churches. In 1860 arrived in St. Petersburg, where he enrolled at IAH. Worked first as volnoprihodyaschego in 1863 - a permanent student in the class of historical painting under the guidance of Markov and F. Bruni. During the period of study have repeatedly pointed out medals: in 1862 - three small silver medals for the painting "The first number", sketch and drawing from nature, as well as a large silver medal for his sketches from nature in 1864 - a small gold medal for the program now Mercury lulls Argus to steal nymph Io. Due to lack of funds could not take part in the competition for a gold medal. Despite this, in 1865 was awarded the title of class artist 1-th degree "of knowledge in art history and portrait».
Since 1864 he worked in the Art artel PA Krestonostseva. From 1865 served in St. Petersburg Artel artists, led INKramskoy. In 1865 was commissioned to create illustrations for publication Dementieva Zolotov and "Russian history in pictures", for which performed more than 60 pictures. In the same year, received 2 nd prize of the Society for the Encouragement of Artists now "Ofen-peddler».
autumn of 1865 at the invitation of INKramskoy went to Moscow to complete the paintings in the dome of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. In 1868 he again worked on the paintings of Christ the Savior on the cartons PV Basin. In addition, created in the cathedral of his own compositions on the drawings: "Lord, seated on a throne with a book of seven seals in the northern vault (1871)," The Word was made flesh "in the southern (1873)," The seven sacraments of the church in the east ( 1876), "The Adoration of the 24 kings in the West (1876), as well as" Almighty, seated on a throne under the main dome (1879). In 1873, for work in the Temple was awarded the title of academician in 1878 - Professor.
In 1878 he went to travel abroad, visited Berlin, Dresden, Frankfurt, Vienna, Paris. In 1880-1881 he lived in Rome, where he worked on the painting "The Burial of Christ».
In 1881 he returned to Russia, he lived alternately in Moscow and St. Petersburg. He participated in exhibitions in the halls of IAH, the Moscow Society of Art Lovers (Member of the Society since 1871), Saint-Petersburg Society of Artists (from 1891). In 1881, in St. Petersburg, Gatchina and Moscow held solo exhibitions of works Kosheleva.
was engaged in teaching. Conducted painting and drawing at the Central School of Technical Drawing of Baron Alexander Stieglitz, gave a course in art history MUZhViZ. In 1880 - 1890 was inspector of the Stroganov School of Industrial Art.
In 1882 he was brought to the restoration of the paintings in the dome of St. Isaac's Cathedral. Served sketches for the mosaics and murals in the church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood (Resurrection) in St. Petersburg. Worked on paintings of the Orthodox Cathedral in Warsaw. In 1891 he traveled to Egypt and the Middle East, during which performed more than twenty images on the theme of the Passion of Christ to the Russian Church of St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Jerusalem.
in 1896 became one of the initiators of the Nizhny Novgorod art and history museum, which donated some of his works, including "The Burial of Christ". In 1903 traveled to the Crimea. In 1911-1912 participated in organizing and conducting the All-Russia Congress of artists.
Koshelev - one of the leading Russian artists of the second half of the XIX century which manifested themselves in various fields of art. In his creative heritage, religious paintings and images, paintings on historical and biblical scenes, genre scenes, portraits, landscapes. The most famous master brought monumental paintings and works of religious content, created in the traditions of academic art of that time. A somewhat different character are the paintings of genre, close peredvizhnicheskomu realism desire for life-truth, accusatory tone, "literary" theme.
Kosheleva works are in many museum collections in Russia, including the State Tretyakov Gallery, State Russian Museum, Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum and others.
- 13.12.2018 The Pushkin Museum is likely not going to be able to buy "Venus and Adonis" by Titian Work a few years ago attributed Tiziano, the owner decided not to sell the Pushkin Museum Pushkin, despite prior arrangement
- 12.12.2018 Olafur Eliasson brought to London, 30 Greenland icebergs Installations from the melting of the icebergs on the banks of the Thames and downtown London, the artist wanted to draw the attention of residents and guests of the British capital the adverse consequences of the greenhouse effect
- 12.12.2018 Retail giant Walmart is buying Art.com Goal — to lure in the intellectual stores of young affluent buyers who are interested in art. And to resist competing Amazon.com who already has their art-направление
- 06.12.2018 "Happiness not far off" back home stronger On the embankment of the Kama river in Perm returned by the people of the letters of Boris Matrosov
- 03.12.2018 Updated AI ratings of world and Russian artists Added fresh records of Edward hopper, David Hockney, Willem de Kooning, Zhao, Uji, Tamara de Lempicka and Konstantin Makovsky
- 03.08.2018 Торги «Антиквариума» 28 июля. Краткие итоги Наторговали на 3,6 миллиона рублей — 131 % от эстимейта. Одним из топ-лотов стала работа Владимира Немухина, проданная за 240 тысяч
- 25.07.2018 Очередной аукцион #всёпорублю в «Литфонде» принес почти 4,5 млн.руб. Топ-лотом стала икона «Богоматерь Владимирская» — 600 тыс. руб.
- 24.07.2018 «Русская Эмаль» торжественно закрывает сезон и уходит в отпуск На завершающих торгах 14 июля «Русская эмаль» порадовала участников Кандинским, целой коллекцией нэцкэ и произведениями Пыжовой
- 16.07.2018 Краткие итоги сороковых живописных торгов «Кабинета» Аукционный дом «Кабинет» проводит последние торги сезона и уходит в отпуск до осени, вслед за своими игроками
- 03.07.2018 Коротко о главном: итоги аукциона 28 июня в «Литфонде» Рейтинг возглавляют классики русской литературы, а сказочники продолжают удивлять
- 27.11.2018 The Museum "Rostov Kremlin" have shown exposed the forgery of Russian avant-garde Curators of the exhibition "the Tail of the comet" Elena Basner, Yuri Avvakumov and Sergei Sazonov. Author Natalia Karofsky. Eight falshakov show specifically in a separate room. Including the scandalous "Samovar" by Malevich
- 20.11.2018 Living artists: top sales The ranking of the most expensive works of living artists — is design, talking about the role and place of the artist in art history is much less than on the age and health of the fortress
- 16.11.2018 The London "Russian auction" in November 2018. Forecasts ARTinvestment.RU November 26, held at Christie's Important Russian Art, November 27 — Sotheby's Russian Pictures, November 28 — Bonhams. Will still be bidding for PDI and the sale of the collection of Rostropovich-Вишневской 28 Nov 2018. But we only "scenic" auction
- 24.10.2018 How much time is "surviving" the picture to the next resale What is the payback period to be allocated for investment in the painting? How much time you need the picture to "otvisetsya"? And when it makes sense again to auction off to make money on the resale?
- 11.10.2018 Top-10 living artists List last week was headed by British artist Jenny Saville: her painting "Propped" on October 5, 2018 at a Sotheby's auction in London was sold for a record 12.4 million dollars
- 14.12.2018 Russian avant-garde from Norway. Xan and Julia Kron In the "Gallery Mikhailov" an exhibition of paintings ksana Krona, Norwegian artist-авангардиста, who for twelve years lived and worked in Russia
- 14.12.2018 Aron Buch: Healing with color In Lipetsk the gallery of modern art "Tug" on December 15 opened the exhibition by Aron Bukh, dedicated to the 95-летию since the birth of the artist. In the exhibition — works from major collections in Moscow
- 10.12.2018 "Igor Vulokh. Evolution white" in Kazan In the Gallery of modern art GMII RT before 31 January an exhibition 80-летию artist-нонконформиста Igor Vulokh (1938-2012)
- 10.12.2018 The exhibition "Piero della Francesca" in the Hermitage The works of one of the most famous artists of the XV century, Piero della Francesca art collections from Italy, Spain, Portugal, the UK show in the picket hall of the Winter Palace
- 05.12.2018 The Style Of Faberge. Excellence is timeless Exhibition in the Museum-выставочном complex "New Jerusalem" will present more than 400 works of Faberge from Faberge Museum in Baden-Бадене, the State Hermitage Museum "Peterhof", state historical Museum, etc.
Login for subscribers
- 1. David Hockney$90,3 million
- 2. Jeff Koons$58,4 million
- 3. Gerhard Richter$46,3 million
- 4. Cui Zhuchzho$39,57 million
- 5. Jasper Johns$36 million
- 6. Ed Ruscha$30,4 million
- 7. Christopher Wool$29,9 million
- 8. Peter Doig$25,9 million
- 9. Zeng Fanzhi$23,3 million
- 10. Robert Ryman$20,6 million
- 11. Damien Hirst$19,2 million
- 12. Maurizio Cattelan$17,19 million
- 13. Mark Grotjahn$16,8 million
- 14. Takashi Murakami$15,16 million
- 15. Jin Shangyi$13,89 million
- 16. Frank Stella$13,69 million
- 17. John Currin$12 million
- 18. Brice Marden$10,917 million
- 19. Zhang Xiaogang$10,16 million
- 20. Bruce Nauman$9,9 million